Wipeout HD - Megathread - Patch 1.4 Released! - Anyone Finish Campaign?

Jan 29, 2009
Hi everybody! I’m excited to bring to you news of an awesome update for WipEout HD. And perhaps the best news is you don’t have to wait long for it. Tomorrow, April 8, 2009, the V1.30 free update for WipEout HD will be available for download. The update will introduce a selection of new multiplayer features to the legendary anti-gravity racer. Check out the full details below.

Online Ranking

With over 50 ranks to progress through, there will be a new edge to online racing in WipEout HD. Your finishing position, speed class and the rank of your opponents will determine how many ranking points you are awarded as you strive to go from a Wipeout Trainee to a Wipeout Legend!

WipEout HD online ranks

Podium Screen & Online Badges

* A new podium screen will now display the top three finishers after each online race or tournament.
* Regardless of whether you finish in the Top Three or not, every player has the chance of being awarded an ‘online badge’ in recognition of how they performed in the race.
* There are 33 badges in total, examples of which are displayed here.

WipEout HD online badges

Connect easily with your friends

Game invites have now been introduced to WipEout HD to make it easy for you to invite your friends to join your game or for them to invite you! In addition, you will also be informed of any friends with an active online game and have the ability to join that game instantly!

Watch races in progress

If a race has started before you have had chance to join it, Spectator mode will allow you to watch that race. Within spectator mode, you can choose from four camera angles and select which ship to watch.

After the race has been completed, you will be taken back to the lobby with the other players so you can compete with them in the next race.

Additional Options

Lastly, to provide more variety when setting up an online race, WipEout HD has added a few additional options:

* HUD Weapon Hints on/off.
* Opponents - Choose to create a Public, Friends-only or Invite-only game.
* Barrel Rolls on/off
* Pilot Assist Allowed on/off
* Number of laps (max 20)

We hope you enjoy these new features. And it you haven’t played WipEout HD in a while, now is a good time! We’ll see you online.

cool, maybe ill start playing this again, great game, jus wished more my PSN friends played it.

ayStation Network racer WipEout HD got a slew of new features today, thanks to an update that brought about new features like badges, friend invites, and a ranking overhaul. But it's also a little buggy.

WipEout HD report that they're experiencing some issues following the 1.30 update, with the PlayStation 3 game bugging out when trying to load autosave data. While that's an annoyance, there is, thankfully, a workaround.

According to posters on the official PlayStation forums, it seems to be related to your PlayStation Network log in. To get around that, simply....

1. Sign out of PSN.
2. Launch the game.
3. Choose "Online" from the main menu, letting it sign you in to the PSN.
4. Acknowledge the release notes for the 1.30 patch.
5. Wait for the game to auto-save.

Anyone who has beat campaign on Wipeout HD?

If so, can you meet up tonight at 10 pm eastern to get the bling brigade trophy?

we got 6 people so far need 8 peeps who can use a campaign skin (grey one) which is only unlocked after you beat campaign

If so, can you meet up tonight at 10 pm eastern to get the bling brigade trophy?

we got 6 people so far need 8 peeps who can use a campaign skin (grey one) which is only unlocked after you beat campaign

Crap, I wish I had seen this yesterday..... I still need it myself. I have beaten the game, let me know if you guys are gathering again!

We are! ... they had 7 people last night and I coudlnt connect!!!

So we still need another and are gonna set it up again ...

I gotta figure out tho how to connect to their online servers, its str8 stupid and I tried alot of work-around tricks and it didnt work.

We are! ... they had 7 people last night and I coudlnt connect!!!

So we still need another and are gonna set it up again ...

I gotta figure out tho how to connect to their online servers, its str8 stupid and I tried alot of work-around tricks and it didnt work.

Well, I would say that sucks, but it gives me a chance to get in on the trophy next time:p Hopefully all is well on the next go-round.

hahahahaa!!! one more plat. we would be even if billy ever got his off his xxx to finish Burnout for me since i dont have a webcam. lazy xxx.

im sorry, whats your Zico time? and you still havent made Zone Zeus yet either huh.....? such a shame.

hahahahaa!!! one more plat. we would be even if billy ever got his off his xxx to finish Burnout for me since i dont have a webcam. lazy xxx.

im sorry, whats your Zico time? and you still havent made Zone Zeus yet either huh.....? such a shame.
I don't remember the time, but I still haven't made it passed zone 71 on zone. I just hope I'm not rusty once I start doing it again.

Hi everyone! This is Daimion Pinnock, Producer for WipEout HD, back to introduce Game Director Tony Buckley. He’s here to tell you about a brand new expansion pack for WipEout HD, as well as its first showing this week at E3!

Hello everybody,

I’m Tony Buckley, Game Director for WipEout HD and I’m pleased to announce that the team here at Studio Liverpool have been busy working on a new expansion pack for your favourite anti-gravity racer.

And what’s more, it is set to be given its first public showing at this week’s E3 expo, so if you’re lucky enough to be attending, make sure you stop by and try it out!

WipEout HD DLC 1 WipEout HD DLC 4

WipEout HD DLC 6 WipEout HD DLC 3

The WipEout HD Fury expansion pack will increase the content of your current game with 8 new tracks, 13 new ship models and 3 new game modes, 2 of which will be available for online play! In addition there will be new trophies to attain, a re-styled front-end and a selection of new & improved multiplayer functionality!

The Eliminator game mode will allow you to release all that pent-up aggression as you use the full arsenal of Wipeout weaponry to destroy your opponents. Forget those racing lines; this is all about destruction, with the victor being the first to reach the target score!

Zone Battle is about risk and reward! Acceleration is automatic as you swoop over zone pads to fill your zone bar. Your choice is whether to use the bar to increase your speed and boost your ship ever closer to the target zone or absorb it to replenish vital lost energy. Warning, avoid the ‘zone barriers’, obstacles left on the track by your opponents as they boost towards the target zone, hitting these can literally destroy your hopes of victory!

Our Detonator mode introduces a brand new ship model to the game that will test both your piloting skills and your shooting accuracy as you accelerate through as many as 14 stages. Score points by destroying the mines that have been strewn along the track and take out the bomb on each stage to earn additional points. The more accurate you are the more points and bonuses you will score!

Just like the original WipEout HD, all the new content will be released in glorious 1080p resolution and will run at a smooth 60fps.

Take a sneak peek at the track and ship visuals in our WipEout HD Fury trailer and selection of screenshots.

Remember, Wipeout HD is available exclusively from PlayStation Store so check it out in readiness for the release of the Fury expansion pack coming this summer!

Hi everyone! This is Daimion Pinnock, Producer for WipEout HD, back to introduce Game Director Tony Buckley. He’s here to tell you about a brand new expansion pack for WipEout HD, as well as its first showing this week at E3!

Hello everybody,

I’m Tony Buckley, Game Director for WipEout HD and I’m pleased to announce that the team here at Studio Liverpool have been busy working on a new expansion pack for your favourite anti-gravity racer.

And what’s more, it is set to be given its first public showing at this week’s E3 expo, so if you’re lucky enough to be attending, make sure you stop by and try it out!

WipEout HD DLC 1 WipEout HD DLC 4

WipEout HD DLC 6 WipEout HD DLC 3

The WipEout HD Fury expansion pack will increase the content of your current game with 8 new tracks, 13 new ship models and 3 new game modes, 2 of which will be available for online play! In addition there will be new trophies to attain, a re-styled front-end and a selection of new & improved multiplayer functionality!

The Eliminator game mode will allow you to release all that pent-up aggression as you use the full arsenal of Wipeout weaponry to destroy your opponents. Forget those racing lines; this is all about destruction, with the victor being the first to reach the target score!

Zone Battle is about risk and reward! Acceleration is automatic as you swoop over zone pads to fill your zone bar. Your choice is whether to use the bar to increase your speed and boost your ship ever closer to the target zone or absorb it to replenish vital lost energy. Warning, avoid the ‘zone barriers’, obstacles left on the track by your opponents as they boost towards the target zone, hitting these can literally destroy your hopes of victory!

Our Detonator mode introduces a brand new ship model to the game that will test both your piloting skills and your shooting accuracy as you accelerate through as many as 14 stages. Score points by destroying the mines that have been strewn along the track and take out the bomb on each stage to earn additional points. The more accurate you are the more points and bonuses you will score!

Just like the original WipEout HD, all the new content will be released in glorious 1080p resolution and will run at a smooth 60fps.

Take a sneak peek at the track and ship visuals in our WipEout HD Fury trailer and selection of screenshots.

Remember, Wipeout HD is available exclusively from PlayStation Store so check it out in readiness for the release of the Fury expansion pack coming this summer!
So Heath...are you going to get the pack, cos I sure as hell would like you to so I can steal it. MWUHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

WipEout HD will get a Blu-ray Release

I think this is a message that many PS3 owners without Credit Cards were waiting for. Wipeout HD is on Blu-Ray. And very soon we have more information to hear. Probably the Blu-Ray appear with or after the release of Fury Pack soon to appear. What at least is certain is that Wipeout HD on Blu-Ray will appear.

This was confirmed on the official PlayStation Blog. One of the blog visitors asked Joey Payne (Product Manager, Sony PlayStation Europe) when we could expect Wipeout HD on a Blu-Ray disc.

source: translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.ps3hype.nl/nieuws/3516&sl=nl&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1