bonakaze

Video games & Steelbook
Premium Supporter
Jan 31, 2013
Montréal
Really tiny steelbook.

Yw55plx.jpg

C0juBA5.jpg

Here in comparison with a 3DS case and a G2.

T8sIM6p.jpg

Reactions: Thwip
Hey @bonakaze that's really cool and unique. Where is it from, I tied Googling it, and can't find it? Do you have a purchase link; is it actually a SteelBook®?

Yea it's a steelbook. Not really sure what it is, I think you're supposed to put a little paper with a digital code maybe. I have a contact at scanavo who sends me samples. I'll try to learn with it is ahah

Reactions: Thwip
I have a contact at scanavo who sends me samples.

That would explain the 3DS SteelBook® picture you included in your original post; I've never seen that before either. If Scanavo actually produced a G2 Horizontal SteelBook® with the SteelBook® name on it, similar to the 3DS picture; I would totally buy it and use it as a branding sign for my SteelBook® collection.

1. What the hell, that's adorable.

2. How can I get a contact at Scanovo to send me samples :D?

I know ! it's one of my favorite in my collection. Funny thing is you can't put anything inside :rofl:

Sorry, they are professionnal contact :p i work sometimes with scanavo.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
I know ! it's one of my favorite in my collection. Funny thing is you can't put anything inside :rofl:

Sorry, they are professionnal contact :p i work sometimes with scanavo.
That's funny. So is it just blank plastic but no holder slot inside?

And darn! I get it though. Tell them if Scanovo wants to reach out to the Reddit /r/Steelbooks subreddit to reach out to me (I run that). We'd love some sort of interaction or an AMA or anything.

It's a steelbook mini. I got some samples where they are made for gift cards, and/or yes for insert of digital codes etc.

An Australian Company has used them for their "Experience" giftcards. as an example $50 for a boat ride etc. experiences.

Likely the sample here is to showcase how DLC could be sold physically. or whole game download codes etc.

It's a steelbook mini. I got some samples where they are made for gift cards, and/or yes for insert of digital codes etc.

An Australian Company has used them for their "Experience" giftcards. as an example $50 for a boat ride etc. experiences.

Likely the sample here is to showcase how DLC could be sold physically. or whole game download codes etc.
So is that like G1/2 lol? I thought I had all the sizes understood when the Switch got it's own steelbook, but now I'm lost.
G1 - DVD
G2 - Blu-ray
G3 - Nintendo DS
G4 - Steelbook Mini
G5 - Nintendo Switch
G6 - CD

??????