Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Wolfman

Genre: Horror

Cast: Christopher Abbott

Release: 2024-10-25

Plot: Leigh Whannell's next film stars Christopher Abbott as a man becomes afflicted by an ancient curse after he is bitten by a werewolf.

Ryan Gosling’s ‘Wolfman’ Gears Up at Universal as Director Decision Nears

Months after Universal successfully relaunched its monster universe with Elisabeth Moss’s “The Invisible Man,” the studio is pushing ahead for “Wolfman” — which is being developed as a starring vehicle for Ryan Gosling — to be the next movie based on its catalog of iconic creatures.

Sources tell Variety that executives at Universal have been meeting with directors over the past month and could be making a decision soon on who will take the reins behind the camera. While there is no frontrunner at the time, Cory Finley, who recently received rave reviews for directing HBO’s drama “Bad Education with Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney, is said to be in the mix for the job.

Universal and CAA had no comment.

It’s unknown what the new take on “Wolfman” will look like, though it is believed to be set in present times and in the vein of Jake Gyllenhaal’s thriller “Nightcrawler,” with an obvious supernatural twist.

Lauren Schuker Blum and Rebecca Angelo, who wrote for Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black,” penned the script, which is based on an original pitch by Gosling.

Gosling’s take fell in line with the studio’s new vision for its monster movies. Universal had originally planned on creating an interconnected universe with its vast catalog of monster IP. However, the studio reassessed after “The Mummy” with Tom Cruise misfired, and decided to move forward with filmmaker-driven projects based on the monsters’ legacies, focusing on what made the characters endure over time. Instead of prescribing a mandate that the films be part of a larger scheme, Universal loosened those restrictions and open-sourced to filmmakers to create their own unique stories.

via Variety

Reactions: Billy Talent
Being an avid Universal Monster lover, I have such a deep and forboding fear that this will be just another cgi laden puke fest. I'll hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and anticipate both elation and sorrow at the fulfillment of this lunar prophesy.

Au0AHmvOQV29mPC19g60qq02tej.jpg

Another Wolfman? I still haven't seen the previous one, with Benicio Del Toro...
You really feel your watch-list is backed up, when remakes are already coming out for stuff on it. :facepalm:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database