tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
comic_marvel_now_wolverine_cornell.jpg

Feel free to discuss all Wolverine comics/series -- past, present and future -- in this thread. Enjoy!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 385
  • WOLV2020001_DC23_1024x1024.jpg
    WOLV2020001_DC23_1024x1024.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Wolverine: The Adamantium Collection

attachment.php

To celebrate Logan's return to theaters this summer, Marvel Comics is unleashing a massive hardcover collection called Wolverine: Adamantium Collection that pairs together 720 pages and 16 pounds of essential Wolverine comics in a deluxe oversized hardcover with a slipcase (think DC's Absolute format) and a bunch of supplemental material.

The stories included in the Adamantium Collection are:

Wolverine: Origin by Paul Jenkins and Adam Kubert
Wolverine: Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith
Wolverine by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller
Wolverine: Not Dead Yet by Warren Ellis and Leinil Yu
Wolverine & The X-Men by Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo
And unforgettable single issue stories by Larry Hama, Mark Millar, Dave Cockrum, Jim Lee and Kaare Andrews!
" Wolverine is the Clint Eastwood of comic book characters, an enigmatic loner with a sin-riddled past that he's desperate to atone for, even if he won't outright admit it,” explained Axel Alonso, Editor In Chief, Marvel Entertainment. “With such a rich history, fans of the character are in for a real treat, because even if they’ve read all the stories before, with the ‘Adamantium Collection’ – they’ve never read them like this!"

“We have never compiled a collection as massive in terms of page count, size AND weight, so fans better prepare their coffee tables and bookshelves for this one,” said Ruwan Jayatilleke, Associate Publisher, Marvel Entertainment. “With this collection, we’re giving fans the ultimate collection, the ultimate collectible and ultimate guide to one of the most popular characters in comics today!”

Source: Link

The book will retail for a hefty $200 and include a free digital copy through the Marvel Comics app. It's available for pre-order now from your local comic book shop, and will go on sale June 5.

Attachments

• WolverineAdamantiumCollection_Promo4-610x402.jpg
    WolverineAdamantiumCollection_Promo4-610x402.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 280
Reactions: Asopp and tridon
I was going to buy the Adamantium Collection -- I actually had it pre-ordered -- but then I saw that above photo and said, "Oh, hell no!" If I own a book, I want to actually be able to lift it! :hilarious:

I was going to buy the Adamantium Collection -- I actually had it pre-ordered -- but then I saw that above photo and said, "Oh, hell no!" If I own a book, I want to actually be able to lift it! :hilarious:

Yup, same here! I was ready to buy it at Amazon but that IGN image made me pause and think, "Where do I store this?"...EEK!

Today at SDCC 2013, Marvel announced Wolverine: Origin II. Picking up after the original mini-series from over a decade ago, Origin II will follow James Howlett a few years after the final events of the first story. It'll be written by Kieron Gillen with art by Adam Kubert (which is funny because his brother, Andy, did the art for the first Origin).

origin2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they took away his healing, so anyone can kill him now.

Wolverine's my fav hero of all time. I own every single issue, mini-series and one-shot between Volume 1 and Volume 3.

With that said, I quit collecting after all the stupid relaunches and price hikes happened at Marvel. Simply said, I'm done with Marvel and DC because I'm sick of gimmicks.

Here's how this will to down...

Logan dies, someone replaces Logan as Wolverine, Logan returns, yet another relaunch (most likely All-New Wolverine).

Comic collecting from Marvel and DC has become frustrating. These days, I'm pretty much exclusive to Image.

With that said, RIP old buddy. We had some good times. I wish your adventures were in better hands.

Reactions: Ask
Well they took away his healing, so anyone can kill him now.

Wolverine's my fav hero of all time. I own every single issue, mini-series and one-shot between Volume 1 and Volume 3.

With that said, I quit collecting after all the stupid relaunches and price hikes happened at Marvel. Simply said, I'm done with Marvel and DC because I'm sick of gimmicks.

Here's how this will to down...

Logan dies, someone replaces Logan as Wolverine, Logan returns, yet another relaunch (most likely All-New Wolverine).

Comic collecting from Marvel and DC has become frustrating. These days, I'm pretty much exclusive to Image.

With that said, RIP old buddy. We had some good times. I wish your adventures were in better hands.

+1 Couldn't have said it better. Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for Wolverine events (loved Aaron's Amazing Spidey/Wolverine mini despite the publishing issues) and will probably be picking this up. I'll be sure to share my review :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
I said I'd be back with my review when the event finally concluded, and here I am!

Wow. WOW. Just...I am almost speechless with disappointment. So completely letdown by this series that I can't help but laugh at what I can only imagine the creative team and everyone involved in this "event" was thinking. Let me preface all of this by saying that I understand that this was an "event" to sell books and that Wolverine will be back. There's no way Marvel keeps that character on the shelf for an extended period of time. But I can't believe someone got paid to think this up, someone else got paid to write it, and someone else got paid to okay all of it. The WAY in which this was executed was so poor it makes your average fanfic look like Pulitzer Prize winning material. Never in my 20+ years of reading comics (specifically Wolverine comics) have I ever felt like a "game changer" was so pedestrian in execution or did such a disservice to a main character. Some spoilers to follow:

There was no lead up to this! The implied sacrifice was completely unearned and unnecessary - and also not very clear in the reasoning behind it from a writing standpoint. To have Wolverine die alone on some personal vendetta made to look like a mission to prevent the deaths of innocents makes absolutely no sense. Especially considering the supposed character arc of "Three Months to Die".

They dragged out the "Death of Wolverine" over FOUR issues of the regular series plus FOUR event-specific issues. They could have given Wolverine a poignant, noble end befitting the character at the end of the "three months to die" story. There was no need whatsoever to spin-off an additional four issues that were minimally connected to anything preceding them except for the fact that Logan lost his healing factor. It honestly felt like a stream of consciousness for a half-developed story from someone who doesn't understand the character of Logan at all and has only read parts of the Wikipedia page for the Wolverine comics as preparation. There was no threat of sufficient magnitude that warranted killing off Logan, nor was there any sufficient consideration during the conclusion for what, I believe, is at the heart of the character: to constantly seek redemption through an honorable life, only to be forced into being a killing machine. We got part of that...I guess. Logan does choose to not kill Cornelius directly. Why he's facing down Cornelius other than forced themes of "sins of the father" I have no idea. At no point is this brought up in either the regular run of Wolverine or the Three Months to Die storyline or the "Death of Wolverine" add-ons prior to the last issue.

I could write way way more. Suffice to say, I am incredibly disappointed that this blatant cash grab couldn't even manage to find a coherent way to end the character in a manner that was consistent with his well-established (though convoluted) history.

Reactions: Wreck
Follow-up to my long rant (comics are srs business) - I have my digital codes for the 4-issue Death of Wolverine run. First one to reply to this post and PM me gets them if anyone wants them :thumbs:

Reactions: tridon
HUNT FOR WOLVERINE (2018) #1

Hunt for Wolverine.jpg

Published: April 25, 2018
Rating: Parental Advisory
Writer: Charles Soule
Cover Artist: Steve Mcniven
The RETURN OF WOLVERINE begins here, providing the first piece of a mystery that will leave no corner of the Marvel Universe untouched. Just as the X-Men have finally come to terms with Logan’s death, they learn a terrible secret. Old wounds will be re-opened, truths questioned, and an epic quest begun. The earliest clues to the mystery of Wolverine’s return are laid down here... who will solve it first?

Following the Death of Wolverine and Hunt For Wolverine, Marvel has officially announced Logan’s next series will be titled Return of Wolverine. The Death of Wolverine creative team of writer Charles Soule and artist Steve McNiven will launch the next chapter of Logan’s adventures on September 19 in a five-issue limited series.

return-of-wolverine.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and tridon
Solicitation for issue #1 plus a list of variants to be included:

RETURN OF WOLVERINE #1 (of 5)
  • CHARLES SOULE (W) • STEVE MCNIVEN (A/C)
  • X-FORCE COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
  • FANG COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
  • AGE OF APOCALYPSE COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
  • PATCH COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
  • WEAPON X COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
  • BROWN & TAN COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
  • WHISKERS COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
  • REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY TODD MCFARLANE
  • B&W REMASTERED VARIANT COVER BY TODD MCFARLANE
  • VARIANT COVER BY JOHN CASSADAY
  • VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
  • VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG