Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Woman in Gold
Order: Walmart.ca
Release Date: July 7, 2015
Price: $22.96

womangold.jpg

Hi there, I'm very interested in purchasing Woman in Gold Blu Ray with the nice slipcover however it's only an exclusive from Walmart Canada. Is there anyone on here who can help me purchase this and I would be happy to send money via paypal?

No, I'm in the US (and not all that close to the Canadian border). I've just used them in the past and like their free shipping to the US (at least over $35 Canadian. Liked it better when it was only $25)
Oh, I don't use their online store so I wouldn't know about the free shipping. Mainly because I live pretty close to them. Visited their store couple of times, but what I didn't like is that you have to know exactly what you want because they store all their amarays without slips. So you cant just "browse". You know what I mean? Compared to another used Bluray store near me. They sell their stuff for cheap and usually find some good slips there. Plus Bluraybin's amarays are almost always close to MSRP. If you find them on sale that's great, if not, no so much.

I hope this is as good as Woman in Black, but 2 was siht [emoji6] [emoji1]
LOL! What's next in the series? Woman in Blue?
And are they gonna go through all the colours? :rofl:

Reactions: Jericho and wyatt03
Oh, I don't use their online store so I wouldn't know about the free shipping. Mainly because I live pretty close to them. Visited their store couple of times, but what I didn't like is that you have to know exactly what you want because they store all their amarays without slips. So you cant just "browse". You know what I mean? Compared to another used Bluray store near me. They sell their stuff for cheap and usually find some good slips there. Plus Bluraybin's amarays are almost always close to MSRP. If you find them on sale that's great, if not, no so much.

LOL! What's next in the series? Woman in Blue?
And are they gonna go through all the colours? :rofl:
I was thinking Woman in Brown, if the films really siht [emoji16] [emoji2]

Reactions: AlienKing
When I initially wanted to Purchase this Blu-ray, I was drawn to the Amazon.com Design Artwork but it only came with the Amaray Case without a Slipcover. I had looked at Amazon.ca and it was a different Artwork(I tend to like purchasing from .com as I am not too keen on the french on Blu-rays/Slipcovers as sometimes they are overwhelming, very big and the translation of title often is just in poor taste. So when I saw the Amazon.ca Copy it was also just a Blu-ray case without Slipcover with a Different Artwork(Same Artwork as the Walmart Version that you see in the OP but without the Slip) so it was a Pass as I don't like to buy blu-rays without Slipcovers.

So when I went last month in store to buy the Beautifully Stunning sought after bilingual copy FullSlip of ''The Age of Adaline'' they also had ''The Woman in Gold'' but in store it came with a Very nice SlipCover(as seen as the pictures in the OP), but I wasn't sure so I didn't get it but regretted afterwards… so I went back to the same place yesterday which is about 1 month later and they still had OCD copies in Stock so I jumped on a copy. The Bilingual Slipcover Artwork grew on me over the last month and now I prefer it, as Opposed to the Amazon.com version. And furthermore on back artwork you do have the same Image being part of the design of the slipcover as the Artwork sold by Amazon.com.

I found the French on front artwork very unobtrusive and it is a Spectacular Slipcover, I actually Love the Gold Glossy Slipcover and back artwork has some Matte finish pictures part of the Artwork and it is IMO a Slipcover worth Owning, I am just so happy I got myself a copy. I just think it is ridiculous that Amazon.ca are only selling the Amaray Blu-ray case and not including this Stunning Slipcover. I don't order from Walmart online as I had a bad first experience and it took me so many hours on the phone and weeks to resolve the issue to get my refund of an item that was not as described that I had returned.

Just very Happy about my Purchase of this version with The Slipcover it is a very nice one :emb:

Thanks @kaw for the very nice picture showcasing the beauty of this awesome slipcover

Can purchase it from Amazon.ca as well.

The Version from Amazon.ca comes WITHOUT the Slipcover, so No don't Purchase from Amazon.ca. The Picture in the Item description page is of the Blu-ray case only no picture of the Slipcover. The Amazon.com version Different Artwork IMO not as nice as the Bilingual but also does NOT come with a Slipcover as per my post state.

Last edited:
Reactions: dan8885 and kaw
I just watched this movie for the second time and it was like I was watching it for the first time again. I love Biography stories or stories based on real events and this is more than a story that deserves to be told. Helen Mirren plays this role like a Glove and Ryan Reynolds keeps the intensity of the moxie alive...Its hard to wrap your head around this, about what happened in the past and this movie tells or should I say gives us a glimpse of the past that was a harsh reality. I am not an artsy type of person in terms of paintings, but if there was now 1 painting I would go to see given the chance, it would be the ''Woman in Gold''. Thanks @kaw once again for his wonderful pictures of the beautiful slipcover edition for this movie. This is a movie worth seeing/purchasing... always nice to enjoy a movie for the 2nd time.

Reactions: kaw