Wonder Woman 1984 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #161) [Czech Republic]

DMD4k

QuoteMaster® & GIFGuru®
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: E1 - E2
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2
Note: 501 copies each

E1.jpgE2.jpgWW84.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixed feelings over this, most of them negative:
Introduce her invisible plane.... an hour later, she can fly. I'm fine with her flying, maybe in a later movie.
Introduce some badass gold armour... that breaks pretty quickly (ok, Cheetah had the wish to be number one so yeah, suppose she can break the armour)
Have her mope around for like 2 hours about Steve. Yeah, I get it, she doesn't get out much, but it's been 70 years Diana!! Effin' hell. I could let her off if it was like Wonder Woman 1935, maybe... You're supposed to be a figure of female empowerment.
Gal's acting was atrocious throughout.
Real lack of 80's vibes too.
Awful writing in practically every scene.
Can't stand Kristen Wiig and thought she was miscast hugely.

Quite liked Pedro though, even if his character was pretty one dimensional

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83 and Flloydo
Mixed feelings over this, most of them negative:
Introduce her invisible plane.... an hour later, she can fly. I'm fine with her flying, maybe in a later movie.
Introduce some badass gold armour... that breaks pretty quickly (ok, Cheetah had the wish to be number one so yeah, suppose she can break the armour)
Have her mope around for like 2 hours about Steve. Yeah, I get it, she doesn't get out much, but it's been 70 years Diana!! Effin' hell. I could let her off if it was like Wonder Woman 1935, maybe... You're supposed to be a figure of female empowerment.
Gal's acting was atrocious throughout.
Real lack of 80's vibes too.
Awful writing in practically every scene.
Can't stand Kristen Wiig and thought she was miscast hugely.

Quite liked Pedro though, even if his character was pretty one dimensional

ah that was one of my issues too

it’s literally been 66 years and you’re still moping around about Steve. Literally been a lifetime. And you’ve passed on every guy you've met. Ok In the film all the men she meets are all kinda sexist, abusive, drunks or uninteresting but they can’t of all been like that lol.

I also get that cheetah can break the armour because of how powerful she asked to be but it still annoyed me that it did not last long at all.

Oh and the invisible plane made me laugh too. Like the flying, so your telling me 35 years later you can’t use these abilities in BvS or JL. Literally hundreds of times she could of made stuff invisible to help the team out lol

and yeah the writing was very noticeably bad as well as her acting in 85% of the film. Which surprised me

For a movie with massive issues throughout, the biggest sin to me is how unlikable Diana comes off compared to the first film. That’s pretty unforgivable.

I don’t usually like to blast movie thoughts in steelbook threads but the movie is so thoroughly bad and disappointing I couldn’t help myself.

I’m also outing myself as a hypocrite because I know I’ll be buying at least one premium for a film I really disliked. The art for WW84 is really good, it’s going to have several good versions and I have poor self control. :spoil:

Getting a good child actor can be difficult for a director. She should have kept looking..... Any time that kid came on screen it felt like they pulled some random kid off the street and said "read this and try to look sad".

That being said I still thought it was an OK movie. I also thought the first one was good but massively overrated. Glad I already had HBO Max and did not buy it just for this movie. Steelbook artwork will have to sell me on this one so I will wait and see. I'm trying to be a bit more picky when it comes to my collection these days.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83
For a movie with massive issues throughout, the biggest sin to me is how unlikable Diana comes off compared to the first film. That’s pretty unforgivable.

I don’t usually like to blast movie thoughts in steelbook threads but the movie is so thoroughly bad and disappointing I couldn’t help myself.

I’m also outing myself as a hypocrite because I know I’ll be buying at least one premium for a film I really disliked. The art for WW84 is really good, it’s going to have several good versions and I have poor self control. :spoil:

And I’ll be a hypocrite too because I’ll 100% buy a manta version. And annoyingly the artworks are cool for the film so depending on what’s used maybe zeta or blufans too. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: RMA and tono06
:rofl::rofl::hilarious:

1609202280190.gif

what movie are you guys even watching as it hell ain’t WW84. Insane levels of discourse over Wonder Woman of all things, reading through comments just shows this movie wasn’t for you and expected something completely different or something similar to the first one while failing to completely understand what was presented to you. It’s all layed out there for you with criticism against it not holding its weight in water as the setup has its pay offs but go off hating Wonder Woman and riding the hate train.

This is an excellent movie and a great sequel definitely a 8.5/10 for me, can’t wait to see it again.

• Haha
Reactions: MM3 and willbar84

View attachment 494538

what movie are you guys even watching as it hell ain’t WW84. Insane levels of discourse over Wonder Woman of all things, reading through comments just shows this movie wasn’t for you and expected something completely different or something similar to the first one while failing to completely understand what was presented to you. It’s all layed out there for you with criticism against it not holding its weight in water as the setup has its pay offs but go off hating Wonder Woman and riding the hate train.

This is an excellent movie and a great sequel definitely a 8.5/10 for me, can’t wait to see it again.
most people hate suicide squad but we both love the movie, so i believe your 8.5/10 review

View attachment 494538

What did you rate justice league and suicide squad?

• Haha
Reactions: MM3 and Flloydo
most people hate suicide squad but we both love the movie, so i believe your 8.5/10 review

All I can say is watch this for yourself and make your own decision. As much as the film wound me up and annoys me more and more I think about it, I still recommend watching it to witness the monstrosity. Or you might like it. Who knows.

What did you rate justice league and suicide squad?

lol don’t. Everyone was probably also too stupid to understand what was presented to us :LOL:

lol don’t. Everyone was probably also too stupid to understand what was presented to us :LOL:

:rofl:
Understand they both had studio interference, hacked to pieces ‘n’ re-edited with only fragments of the original vision in place. Thankfully the timeline is healing itself with ZS JL and then DA SS to follow suit so ok whatever seams pretty clear actually and have no worries that both Zack and David will knock it out of the park
:cigar:

:rofl:
Understand they both had studio interference, hacked to pieces ‘n’ re-edited with only fragments of the original vision in place. Thankfully the timeline is healing itself with ZS JL and then DA SS to follow suit so ok whatever seams pretty clear actually and have no worries that both Zack and David will knock it out of the park
:cigar:

I personally can’t wait for the Snyder cut and looking forward to the Ayer cut. And although I’ll always love Margot/ Harley in the SS film I think the Snyder JL cut will be 100% better than Ayers proper cut of SS. I think his cut will still be better than what we already got but I don’t think it will be that much better.
Im more interested in the new SS Tbh