Wonder Woman 1984 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #161) [Czech Republic]

DMD4k

QuoteMaster® & GIFGuru®
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: E1 - E2
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc E1 - E2
Note: 501 copies each

E1.jpgE2.jpgWW84.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i give both a 8/10
sure JL is totally different, but i enjoyed the movie

cant say this to few marvel movies :giggle:

That’s fair, mine used to somewhat reflect that to but after many rewatches, finding and learning about the alterations over the years it’s come down a lil thankfully all of that will change soon. :LOL: Yeah Avengers : The TV show is same sh!t different day with very few scattered stand out episodes but overall forgettable.

• Haha
Reactions: tha_lunatic
OK so I didn't exactly hate the film, but I found it disappointing. The first part was toooooo slow and the effects were pretty bad. I mean ok, it's true, we shouldn't always expect all superhero movies to be action packed from the first minute, but come one. Was there any real action at all? The semi-boss and final-boss battles were just sad.
I'd expect this kind of story from a double-episode on a TV show and not from a major movie :( The best part was the scene during the credits...

Almost cool too watch, but I doubt I'll be watching it again anytime soon. And I'm almost crying since I know how much the FAC edition will cost :(

Reactions: Flloydo
I'll go with regular steelbook. I've heard about bad reviews about movie, but to tell the truth many of them came from ppl who watched movie on HBO Max and there was ton of compression and even probs with sound.
Just save yourself problem and wait for BR/UHD :)

To be honest after all these comments here I expected to be unwatchable piece of s*it ( coz I found the first WW very average already ), but luckily I didnt have extra troubles with it. Yeah it´s slow, there is s*itload of patos and awkwardness, and not much action, but somehow it didnt irritate me that much (maybe Diane and Cheetah are the reason why I kept watching :drool::cool:)

So yeah, for one time watch it´s good, but I dont think I will watch it ever again.

First WW is 3/5, this one is 2/5

• Informative
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
To be honest after all these comments here I expected to be unwatchable piece of s*it ( coz I found the first WW very average already ), but luckily I didnt have extra troubles with it. Yeah it´s slow, there is s*itload of patos and awkwardness, and not much action, but somehow it didnt irritate me that much (maybe Diane and Cheetah are the reason why I kept watching :drool::cool:)

So yeah, for one time watch it´s good, but I dont think I will watch it ever again.

ww1 3/5 ...you need help!!!

Tripledip confirmed :LOL:

I went in with very low expectations with everyone saying its so bad, but it wasnt at all.
I though it was pretty good. But if you went in thinking it was another WW1 ofc you would be disappointed. But i wasnt expecting it in the first place, i mean.. its set in the 80s! (that one i dont get though, why the 80s, it would make much more sense to put it right after BvS. And that wouldnt contradict what she said thats she "turned her back on humanity a long time ago".)
7/10

I'll go with regular steelbook. I've heard about bad reviews about movie, but to tell the truth many of them came from ppl who watched movie on HBO Max and there was ton of compression and even probs with sound.
Just save yourself problem and wait for BR/UHD :)
I could have seen this in IMAX Laser with an audio system that had just been calibrated by the best sound guys from THX and it still would have been bad. I didn’t expect greatness, but I did expect decent.....but it’s mostly downhill after the opening scene. TBH, the picture and the audio were probably the best thing about the movie (And I saw in on HBO Max).

that one i dont get though, why the 80s

Patty Jenkins:

"Why 1984? We wanted to bring Diana into the modern world. But the '80s is a period that Wonder Woman is quite synonymous with. So it was great to see her there. But most importantly, it's sort of the height of Western civilization and the success of the world that we all live in in the aftermath of now. So, I was curious to collide our Wonder Woman into the height of our current modern belief system and what kind of villains come out of that and see what happens. So, it all came quite naturally."

via Collider

Patty Jenkins:

"Why 1984? We wanted to bring Diana into the modern world. But the '80s is a period that Wonder Woman is quite synonymous with. So it was great to see her there. But most importantly, it's sort of the height of Western civilization and the success of the world that we all live in in the aftermath of now. So, I was curious to collide our Wonder Woman into the height of our current modern belief system and what kind of villains come out of that and see what happens. So, it all came quite naturally."

via Collider
Fair point. Kinda makes sense.

Patty Jenkins:

via Collider
Sounds like usual Hollywood bullsh1t

I doubt I'll be watching it again anytime soon. And I'm almost crying since I know how much the FAC edition will cost :(
Is it going to be cheap or something??? Going off your experience of the movie, I doubt you'd be interested in buying any edition.
I'm certainly not going to buy any edition even WWA as I'll never rewatch it.

why the 80s
slight plot spoiler for people who haven;t seen the movie
Probably the technology aspect with taking over people's TVs.
...and maybe to include the only slight bit of generic crappy humour aimed at 80's men's fashion and the higher rate of misogyny.