Sep 19, 2010
Netherlands, Europe
Release date: November 2, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €39.99

WW steelbook 3D SB.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thesource7
Although this version is the art that I like the best, the end of December just seems too long to wait.

Now that there are so many different steelbook versions of 1 new release title (Wonder Woman) and all being released in different months around the world (from September to December) in so many different formats (4K, 2D) (3D, 2D) (R2 D2 - ok not really) I'm wondering if this will become the new normal.

With so many options they don't really seem to be collectible anymore.

Like Pokemon, I just can't catch 'em all.

Even worse is trying to figure out 100% what will play in North America since most releases on European sites now show as Region B more often than before. A few months back it seemed more common to see "All Regions" in the listings. Especially now that Europe gets way more steelbooks than North America and with much better art.

The North American releases are such a let down now they may as well throw in the towel.

I think I'm going to get off of this steelbook crazy train and just go back to amaray.
I mean honestly, the artwork on the amaray is much better than the steelbook art.

In North America anyway.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T and MerlinT
@Stygian: Yeah, this is becoming insane, I agree. Also, living in Europe and importing from NA once in a while as opposed to you apparently doing the exact opposite, I think you guys actually get the better artworks most of the time... UK artworks are usually horrible and often plastered with cheap quotes and slogans. German, French or Italian ones often fare better (though not always), but then you sometimes still have the issue that the film's title is translated or gets some local subtitle added, which I hate and which for me disqualifies the release from a collector's point of view...

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Although this version is the art that I like the best, the end of December just seems too long to wait.

Now that there are so many different steelbook versions of 1 new release title (Wonder Woman) and all being released in different months around the world (from September to December) in so many different formats (4K, 2D) (3D, 2D) (R2 D2 - ok not really) I'm wondering if this will become the new normal.

Even worse is trying to figure out 100% what will play in North America since most releases on European sites now show as Region B more often than before. A few months back it seemed more common to see "All Regions" in the listings. Especially now that Europe gets way more steelbooks than North America and with much better art.

The North American releases are such a let down now they may as well throw in the towel.

I think I'm going to get off of this steelbook crazy train and just go back to amaray.
I mean honestly, the artwork on the amaray is much better than the steelbook art.

In North America anyway.
With this glut of releases of the same titles, it does seem like it is a good time for me to get out of steelbook collecting.
Just doesn't seem as much fun any more.

I think you guys actually get the better artworks most of the time...

There was a time that I agree we got the better art. But as of this year I really don't believe that's the case anymore. In Canada anyway.

Also in Canada, we no longer get anywhere near the variety of titles that Europe receives.
Best Buy Canada is pretty much the only place to get steelbooks and they have pretty much stopped releasing older titles. Only steelbooks of recent theatrical movies now.

This is the lousy selection we have in Canada now. And most of it is sold out and gone forever!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/Search/SearchResults.aspx?query=steelbook blu ray

Best Buy U.S. gets a wider variety but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada while all of the European Amazon sites do and so does Zavvi. I realize that Zavvi is coming out with some pretty bad art lately but at least with their numerous releases, it usually isn't long before an interesting older title comes along.

And of course with Best Buy in the U.S. and Canada exclusively getting all of the steelbooks, Amazon Canada and Amazon U.S. don't carry them.

If anyone is getting this version along with the other Germany version and thinking about the statue set, this is included in the statue version and combined with the other 4K steel, was only EUR 3.00 for shipping to the US, for me was 187.00 US shipped to the states, kind of killing 2 birds with one stone, rather than getting the statue in a non-steelbook set and still getting both steels, that is if you want all those items....

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
If anyone is getting this version along with the other Germany version and thinking about the statue set, this is included in the statue version and combined with the other 4K steel, was only EUR 3.00 for shipping to the US, for me was 187.00 US shipped to the states, kind of killing 2 birds with one stone, rather than getting the statue in a non-steelbook set and still getting both steels, that is if you want all those items....
Hmmmm interesting idea :thumbs:

I believe this has a new release date of November 2nd according to their website.

They sent me an email today about my order notifying me of the earlier delivery.

In North America anyway.

Why not just buy a blu ray player that plays all regions?

Why not just buy a blu ray player that plays all regions?

I have considered that but so far I really don't like the prices I've seen from online retailers.
My current Blu-ray player is a Sony that I purchased used a couple years back for $35.00 Canadian.

Wonder Woman is distributed by Warner and it is their policy not to region lock their Blu-ray discs. These will all be region free.

It is very common with online retailers to err on the safe side and specify region coding that is the default for their country.

They may (or may not) fix the region information once a title is released, but in general, one shouldn't take region information for Blu-rays in online shops as absolute truth.

But when they explicitly specify "region free" / "all regions", they usually are correct.