China
Release date: December 12, 2017
Pre-order on November 8 at 10 AM - EST USA
Price:
Box set $109.99
Double Lenti $47.99
Lenti Edition $45.99
Print run: 2000

BS---WW bxoset.jpgBS---WW 4K lenti.jpgBS---WW double lenti.jpgBS---WW SP.jpgBS---WW lenti.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How useful is ANY release which has no intention of being sold on or opened?
I am not talking about selling on part of your collection because
you are bored of it,
changed your mind about it,
upgraded to a better version of it.

I am talking about needing to buy multiple copies just for reselling to fund future purchases.

Pretty sure a vast majority of us buy spares with the intention to resell and make a decent profit to fund a future purchase. I am not referring to bulk resellers, just the ones who buy one or two and floats them in the secondary market.
there is no way the majority of us double up on releases. Maybe 10% of the people but i highly doubt people are throwing $300+ on oneclicks of every kimchi, manta, FA, hdzeta release.

I on a rare occasion buy 2 zavvi releases just to make sure i get one without being dinged to crap and that is about it.

Im going to be more selective this year as well. Too many premium releases out there.....Im collecting prremiums only more than year and Im already getting tired of this. I will stick with steelbooks only which Im collecting since 2008 and never got tired of it and probably never will. I will buy premium only for movie I really love and if WEA steelbook will not be available otherwise.

Im gonna route my money more to collecting vinyls now as I finally got close with this experience lately and I f*ckin´ love all about it. Vinyls always attracted me, but with digital era of CDs and mp3 I´ve got lazy and comfortable so I was pushing vinyls behind to oblivion, but this will change now. :coffee:

But games are generally not collectable and once completed are as you say useless to keep.
I'm collecting sealed Play Station (1-4) games. I paid €100 for a sealed Metal Gear Solid 1 (German Original Release) ...DE and UK Play Station releases are the hardest to get. The holy grail is the German Final Fantasy 7 (Original Release). I know a sealed collector who worked for SquareEnix and not even they have a sealed copy, but they do have sealed copies of all other games they released.
It's not about money, it's about memories. I'm still looking to buy sealed copies of games I enjoyed as a kid/teenager and when you checking sealed game collector forums you will see that most do it because of that. Sure, some people want to sell the games in future, but this kind of people are in every scene.

there is no way the majority of us double up on releases. Maybe 10% of the people but i highly doubt people are throwing $300+ on oneclicks of every kimchi, manta, FA, hdzeta release.

I on a rare occasion buy 2 zavvi releases just to make sure i get one without being dinged to crap and that is about it.

Most of us can probably say honestly we've either bought an extra copy to sell or bought a one click knowing full one that exclusive quarter slip that comes with it would be going on ebay (prior to one clicks getting boxes).

This was in former years gone by when steelbooks were generally valuable, you only get the odd one now that get's any traction value wise hence why no one is doubling down.

Reactions: lgans316
Just like TheCollector86 I also love to collect sealed copies. If I would have had the chance to buy 2 one clicks of WW I would have done it. One to open and one keep sealed. 90% of my steelbooks are sealed. The movies I want to see I’ll just buy the amaray.

Maybe a fetish, but there’s something special about keeping things sealed.
Can’t explain it.

Just like TheCollector86 I also love to collect sealed copies. If I would have had the chance to buy 2 one clicks of WW I would have done it. One to open and one keep sealed. 90% of my steelbooks are sealed. The movies I want to see I’ll just buy the amaray.

Maybe a fetish, but there’s something special about keeping things sealed.
Can’t explain it.

I get my Blu-rays from the local library and then I make a Blu-ray copy of them.
If I like the movie after watching it, then I keep an eye out for a cheap new or used amaray copy to buy later (usually between $2-$5 Canadian)

If there is a decent looking steelbook for a movie, I buy the steelbook as well and I keep it sealed.

That's it. That's me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Premises
I get my Blu-rays from the local library and then I make a Blu-ray copy of them.
If I like the movie after watching it, then I keep an eye out for a cheap new or used amaray copy to buy later (usually between $2-$5 Canadian)

If there is a decent looking steelbook for a movie, I buy the steelbook as well and I keep it sealed.

That's it. That's me.
Is that legal?

Been considering this myself too lately. With Zavvi flooding the market with a steel for most movies, they feel less desirable now and recently I can't even justify owning several different company's release of a particular title. Might just stick to blufans for MCU and Hdzeta for DC and pick the odd one up here and there. Its a tough decision

Been basically doing that for all of last year. BF for Marvel/Star Wars and HDzeta for DC. I still buy the odd title here and there but its no more than one a month as best, and I rarely double dip on titles outide Marvel and even then I have passed on most preferring to stick with BF. I saved a fortune over the course or 2017 and cut my spending down by over 70% "ish"

opened my boxset, gotta say I am quite disappointed. Boxset has several marks, double lenti has some weird defects, and Steelbook is scratched, with some gloss defect on some spots.

warning: lot of pictures under the spoilers

530056boxsetmarks1.jpg

687728boxsetmarks2.jpg

705093boxsetmarks3.jpg

708336boxsetmarks4.jpg

952584doublelentidefect2.jpg

903678doublelentidefect1.jpg

397462steelbookspinescratched.jpg

802002steelbookscratches1.jpg

812006steelbookscratches2.jpg

580962steelbookscratches3.jpg

738881steelbookscratches4.jpg

212327steelbookglossdefect.jpg

826145steelbookmarks.jpg

124647steelbookmarks2.jpg

988806steelbookmarks3.jpg

The marks on the outer box wouldn't bother me too much, but the scratched steelbook is a no go. Looks like the Manta version of WW..... These steelbooks are so nice, Zetas and Mantas, but with these scratches it is almost worth nothing in my point of view. It is a real pity.

After a week of having this in hands, I finally took the time to open it !

I AM SPEACHLESS !!! This Boxset Is Freakin' AWESOME :woot:

I have those small indentations back of boxset also (same as @Apo who posted pictures of them) but they are so faint, they do not bother me at all and I am Very OCD.

I opened my Single Lenti and all 3 editions within the Boxset and looked at everything and it is just pure Wonder Woman Bliss :emb:

One of the steel I noticed a few faint hair line scratches but not enough to bother me...I guess after seeing my Manta Lab Steelbook you get a bit more forgiving :rofl:

No Honestly, The Lenticulars are INCREDIBLE !!! Really Nice Steelbook. The Booklet really nice as well, The Postcards, The Hardcover Book :wacky: and Lenticular Cards,
all Bonus Items are very sweet ! Much thought was put into this package.

I just don't know what to say but everything about this Package is Perfection ! This one alongside my Doctor Strange Blufans Boxset are the packages that really are Blowing me away this year.

Looking at the complexity of all Items that goes into Building theses editions and Boxset, this is very special :drool:

After a week of having this in hands, I finally took the time to open it !

I AM SPEACHLESS !!! This Boxset Is Freakin' AWESOME :woot:

I have those small indentations back of boxset also (same as @Apo who posted pictures of them) but they are so faint, they do not bother me at all and I am Very OCD.

I opened my Single Lenti and all 3 editions within the Boxset and looked at everything and it is just pure Wonder Woman Bliss :emb:

One of the steel I noticed a few faint hair line scratches but not enough to bother me...I guess after seeing my Manta Lab Steelbook you get a bit more forgiving :rofl:

No Honestly, The Lenticulars are INCREDIBLE !!! Really Nice Steelbook. The Booklet really nice as well, The Postcards, The Hardcover Book :wacky: and Lenticular Cards,
all Bonus Items are very sweet ! Much thought was put into this package.

I just don't know what to say but everything about this Package is Perfection ! This one alongside my Doctor Strange Blufans Boxset are the packages that really are Blowing me away this year.

Looking at the complexity of all Items that goes into Building theses editions and Boxset, this is very special :drool:

Glad to hear that there are editions with almost mint steelbooks out there. Still not decided yet to open my manta and Zeta 1Clicks....

Reactions: Actarus
Status
Not open for further replies.