World of Wong Kar Wai (Blu-ray Box Set) [Spain]

Jun 8, 2012
Barcelona
Release date: May 7, 2021
Purchase link: Avalon
Price: €147 (from March 24 to May 7) - €155

7AACD8A1-0B1D-4DD4-B63A-0641341A447A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Presented in a rigid cardboard sleeve measuring 28x28cm with a gloss finish, the WONG KAR WAI UNIVERSE Pack includes:

New masters restored in 4K with the approval of director Wong Kar Wai, in Blu-Ray format: IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE, 2046, CHUNGKING EXPRESS, FALLEN ANGELS, AS TEARS GO BY, DAYS OF BEING WILD, HAPPY TOGETHER.
Two digipacks with 8 Blu-ray discs.
A 152-page hardcover book with critical texts by Carlos F. Hedero and full-color photographs of the 7 films.
Two-blade vinyl sleeve that includes the soundtracks on CD from 2046 and IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE, as well as two 12 and 16-page 12x12cm booklets with information on the soundtracks.
Case that includes 7 collectible prints with the new poster designs of the 7 films for their re-release in theaters.

8 BLU-RAY DISCS (7 movies and more than 4 hours of bonus content)
2 OST DISCS (2046, WISHING TO LOVE) + 2 BOOKLETS
152 PAGE BOOK
7 POSTERS

MOVIE New master restored in 4K with the supervision and approval of Wong Kar Wai in 5.1 DTS-HD Master in original version.
Includes Spanish version and Spanish subtitles
MAKING OF
BEHIND THE CAMERAS: ZHANG ZIYI
DELETED SCENES
MUSICAL VIDEO "CASTA DIVA"
PROMO “2406” (2003)

AS TEARS GO BY

MOVIE New master restored in 4K with the supervision and approval of Wong Kar Wai in Mono in original version.
PODCAST "IN THE MOOD FOR CINEASIA"

CHUNGKING EXPRESS

MOVIE New master restored in 4K with the supervision and approval of Wong Kar Wai in 5.1 DTS-HD Master in original version.
DELETED SCENES
INTERVIEW WITH DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY CHRISTOPHER DOYLE

DAYS OF BEING WILD

MOVIE New master restored in 4K with the supervision and approval of Wong Kar Wai in Mono in original version.

IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE (2 DISCS)

Disc1:

TRAILER 20 ANNIVERSARY
UNIVERSE PROMO WONG KAR WAI

Disc 2:

MAKING OF
DELETED SCENES
THE LAST ENCOUNTER (ALTERNATIVE FINAL)
CREATING A CLASSIC
A NOTE ON THE CREATION OF "IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE"
SPOT "UNIVERSE WONG KAR WAI"

FALLEN ANGELS

TRAILER
DELETED SCENES
INTERVIEW WITH DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY CHRISTOPHER DOLYE

HAPPY TOGETHER

TRAILER
DISSECTION OF THE “WONG KAR WAI UNIVERSE”, BY CINEASIA
The filmmaker's working method
Music
Regular contributors
The themes in the cinema of Wong Kar Wai
Origins and historical context of the director

If there are no English subtitles, I wouldn't buy this, especially since Novamedia is going to be releasing deluxe steelbook editions of at least half of these films. They just announced they are releasing In the Mood for Love, Happy Together and Fallen Angels as exclusive WEA steelbooks. Wouldn't surprise me if eventually they release the other movies, too. Most Korean editions include English subtitles, and I'm certain Novamedia will.

In The Mood For Love (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #?) [Korea]

If there are no English subtitles, I wouldn't buy this, especially since Novamedia is going to be releasing deluxe steelbook editions of at least half of these films. They just announced they are releasing In the Mood for Love, Happy Together and Fallen Angels as exclusive WEA steelbooks. Wouldn't surprise me if eventually they release the other movies, too. Most Korean editions include English subtitles, and I'm certain Novamedia will.

In The Mood For Love (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #?) [Korea]
B9477FD9-1E57-45C1-B9C8-933EC782B931.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: MM3 and moviewizguy