World War Z

Apr 2, 2009

What’s going on with the big screen adaptation of Max Brooks‘ book World War Z? J. Michael Straczynski wrote a screenplay, which seems like over a year ago, and Quantum of Solace helmer Marc Forster has been attached to direct. But aside from comments from Stazzynski or Foster here or there, we really haven’t gotten an update on the project in a long while.

Brooks, son of comedy legend Mel Brooks, revealed that Paramount Pictures has hired a new writer for the project, while making an appearance on Fangoria Radio. Who is the new writer? Matthew Michael Carnahan, brother of director Joe Carnahan, and writer of The Kingdom, Lions For Lambs, and State of Play. Brooks said that Carnahan is “one of Hollywood’s hot A-list writers, so if they went after him and paid him a mountain of gold, it definitely shows their confidence in this project.” Still no word an an updated production timeline.

click the picture for more

Last edited by a moderator:
Two More Added To The Cast Of World War Z Film

Matthew Fox and Ed Harris are in talks to join Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos and James Badge Dale in the Marc Forster-directed World War Z for Paramount and Skydance Productions. Forster has also set Julia Levy-Boeken, the French actress who stars in the Israeli series alufa Ha. The film is an adaptation of the Max Brooks novel that looks back on a global zombie infestation 10 years after the fact. Fox, who just wrapped a West End stage turn in the Neil LaBute play In a Forest Dark and Deep, is separately slated to play a vicious serial killer opposite Tyler Perry in the Rob Cohen-directed I, Alex Cross for Summit Entertainment, with production starting in August. Harris just starred in the Asger Leth-directed Man on a Ledge for Summit. Fox is repped by WME and Management 360, Harris by CAA and Levy-Boeken by Weiner Management.

WWZ begins production this month after a long period in which Paramount struggled with the $125 million budget until Skydance's David Ellison stepped into the breach along with another unnamed financier to take some of the burden off the studio. With the expectation that JJ Abrams won't be able to pull together a Star Trek sequel for summer 2012, WWZ looms as an option for Paramount, as does its sequel to G.I. Joe.

Two More Added To The Cast Of World War Z Film

Matthew Fox and Ed Harris are in talks to join Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos and James Badge Dale in the Marc Forster-directed World War Z for Paramount and Skydance Productions. Forster has also set Julia Levy-Boeken, the French actress who stars in the Israeli series alufa Ha. The film is an adaptation of the Max Brooks novel that looks back on a global zombie infestation 10 years after the fact. Fox, who just wrapped a West End stage turn in the Neil LaBute play In a Forest Dark and Deep, is separately slated to play a vicious serial killer opposite Tyler Perry in the Rob Cohen-directed I, Alex Cross for Summit Entertainment, with production starting in August. Harris just starred in the Asger Leth-directed Man on a Ledge for Summit. Fox is repped by WME and Management 360, Harris by CAA and Levy-Boeken by Weiner Management.

WWZ begins production this month after a long period in which Paramount struggled with the $125 million budget until Skydance's David Ellison stepped into the breach along with another unnamed financier to take some of the burden off the studio. With the expectation that JJ Abrams won't be able to pull together a Star Trek sequel for summer 2012, WWZ looms as an option for Paramount, as does its sequel to G.I. Joe.

This is fabulous news!!! :D

Also read both Max Brooks books and they were awesome!!!! Plus I got the Graphic novel from Max which was also pretty badass!!! Hopefully the movie does the book Justice. Can't wait!!!