X-Men (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: June 7, 2021
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order on March 13 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K + BD) - £23.99 (BD)

12916530-3364846163860809.jpg
12916530-1504846163943306.jpg 12916530-8664846163915541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be at least £25 I reckon. Easy pass. More than happy with my old x-men steels.
Very straightforward case of just adding a 4k disc to an old steelbook for me rather than splashing out on a new (almost certainly) inferior version

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Good, as long as they do all 3 of them. I’d love to get rid of my box set for these.

No doubt they’ll do all the x-men movies. No way am I buying X-Men 3. Might get 1, 2, wolverine origins and first class. Logan if they do it. Maaaybe wolverine 2. The rest I can live without

Only ones I'd really be tempted by are the 1st 2 Wolverine films. They'd have to be pretty great though, I really like the lenti steels I've already got.

Possibly dark phoenix too, I have just bought custom magnets for the existing steel though :whistle:

I'm not buying the others in 4K again, refuse. The trilogy steels I've got are fantastic imo and FAC logan is a beaut :drool:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
That was just teaser, if that's actual artwork or maybe just slipcover who knows... Teaser image they posted.
I'm more interested if they'll do whole original trilogy alltogether or is this gonna be just single release. Discs i suppose will be ones last released in 4K with DTS HD-MA and no DTS-X or Atmos i suppose. :s
I only own first 3 movies in 4K last version they released and this steelbook.

240703_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That was just teaser, if that's actual artwork or maybe just slipcover who knows... Teaser image they posted.
I'm more interested if they'll do whole original trilogy alltogether or is this gonna be just single release. Discs i suppose will be ones last released in 4K with DTS HD-MA and no DTS-X or Atmos i suppose. :s
I only own first 3 movies in 4K last version they released and this steelbook.
If the star wars releases were anything to go by, it's a snap of the steel art. So in this instance, you're near guaranteed to get that poster on the front. If that's the case for X1, you can probably bet on it for the the rest of the main series as well.

Do not bet on new discs though. Can't see disney reprinting these with atmos now unfortunately.

I said these would be next

Personally I love 1,2 and even 3, first class, DoFP and Logan. Wolverine is decent, origins and apocalypse are watchable but dark Phoenix was bad. Overall a great series though. Some of my favourite superhero films

If the star wars releases were anything to go by, it's a snap of the steel art. So in this instance, you're near guaranteed to get that poster on the front. If that's the case for X1, you can probably bet on it for the the rest of the main series as well.

Do not bet on new discs though. Can't see disney reprinting these with atmos now unfortunately.

Remember when Zavvi posted teaser image of Blade... People were losing minds if that was artwork... Bunch of them.
In the end it was artwork for slipcover and steelbook itself had artwork like NA steelbook. So i wouldn't be so sure that this is it for steelbook case. We'll have to wait and see i guess.

Remember when Zavvi posted teaser image of Blade... People were losing minds if that was artwork... Bunch of them.
In the end it was artwork for slipcover and steelbook itself had artwork like NA steelbook. So i wouldn't be so sure that this is it for steelbook case. We'll have to wait and see i guess.
Yes, but that's WB. I thought straight away it'd be the same dogsh*t WWA. WB have a history of releasing slips with their steels with zavvi. Disney don't (zavvi's CE editions aside), so I wouldn't bother entertaining that train of thought personally.

Last edited:
Would be cool if they released a 4K steelbook with this art, but with full gloss finish and embossing/debossing. That would differentiate it from the metalpak. I would still be happy if if was at least full gloss.
It should be, that poster art on the steel. I'd be super surprised if there was any embossing though. Title is probably too big for the level of debossing we're used to from disney as well. Flat and full gloss is probably most likely imo.

Reactions: MM3
It should be, that poster art on the steel. I'd be super surprised if there was any embossing though. Title is probably too big for the level of debossing we're used to from disney as well. Flat and full gloss is probably most likely imo.
It would have to have full gloss for me to bite. Flat and full gloss is what they did with the Star Wars 4K steels, so that is probably likely.

Reactions: samdavies