X-Men (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: June 7, 2021
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order on March 13 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K + BD) - £23.99 (BD)

12916530-3364846163860809.jpg
12916530-1504846163943306.jpg 12916530-8664846163915541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
£32 for a 4K catalogue release :rofl:

Even the blu ray only one is around double the price of the original steelbook if I recall correctly

There's no reasonable justification for prices this high.

The entire trilogy in 4K costs less than this steel. What a rip.

Is the 4K upgrade worth the extra for the first trilogy?
X1 and 2 look better in 4K than first class and DOFP do. The entire original trilogy can be picked up in 4k for around £25 though, so that's far better bang for your buck if you're not in love with the steel art.

Reactions: Headhunter
£32 is a bit of a piss-take. I hope the lenti is decent as the art is meh.

Ordered, though since my X-Men collection is all over the shop so I need the first trilogy as steels.

Extortion as always, not necessarily on Zavvi part.

£35 with delivery! The standard amaray is £19.99 at Amazon, so it’s a £13 premium for the steelbook case.

More bonkers is the fact the standard blu ray can be brought used for a few quid online - wanting to spend £26 with delivery for the standard blu-ray version of this seems all the more insane!

Easy pass for me; I’ve reeled in the collecting to Marvel and Disney films mostly, with a couple of exceptions to the rule, such as Tarantino films. As this isn’t canon to the MCU, I’ll give this a wide berth, despite enjoying the movie - may have to update my X-Men 1.5 (always hated when they released it as such) DVD though!

£32 !!!!!!!!!! What the fudge! You're having a laugh, right?
Taking the steelbook collecting community for granted I think..

Its worth saying the amaray case for this film in 4K retails for £20 on Amazon, so the premium is £13. It’s a bit inconsistent to a degree however when Zavvi have sold the recent Disney re-releases (The Little Mermaid et al) at £27.

£31.99 for a 4k back catalogue film is zavvi for real no wonder physical media is coming to a end.
Is it coming to an end though?

I mean, streaming services are far more convenient for many, and clearly this is fast replacing the traditional way of watching shows and films for those who are looking for would be classed as more casual viewers, but I’m sure there will always be a market for physical media collectors, even if it becomes a niche market.

Sites like HDN, video game retailers like Limited Run Games, companies like The Criterion Collection and more besides are testament to the fact there IS a market for those of us who prefer to own our media over streaming it, and I don’t think that will ever die.

If nothing else, it might mean in the future more start up companies are founded to exploit the market of those of us who refuse to go fully digital with our media consumption. It may even benefit us collectors in the long run, as it might mean more premium products, a la Criterion releases.

Reactions: Shark
I guess everybody thinks they're supposed to throw in the lenticular magnet for free.

It's a lenti magnet, it's a SteelBook and it's a Disney release now. Look at the price of other recent Disney 4K SteelBooks with and without lenti magnets. The Star Wars SteelBooks for example.