X-Men (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: June 7, 2021
Purchase links: 4K - BD (Pre-order on March 13 at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K + BD) - £23.99 (BD)

12916530-3364846163860809.jpg
12916530-1504846163943306.jpg 12916530-8664846163915541.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess everybody thinks they're supposed to throw in the lenticular magnet for free.

It's a lenti magnet, it's a SteelBook and it's a Disney release now. Look at the price of other recent Disney 4K SteelBooks with and without lenti magnets. The Star Wars SteelBooks for example.
Is a Zavvi lenti magnet really worth £5 though?!

Is a Zavvi lenti magnet really worth £5 though?!

Is anything worth the money that we pay for it?

How much did people pay for magnets to cover up the Empire Strikes Back SteelBook? They weren't even lenticular.

How much are lenti magnets sold for by advertisers on HDN?

Reactions: Andycadle84
They should either announce the release dates / artwork for the entire X-men lineup or announce them in batches of Original Trilogy / Prequel Trilogy / Wolverine & Deadpool movies. I know many people are waiting to see how the artwork matches up before committing to pre-orders.

They should either announce the release dates / artwork for the entire X-men lineup or announce them in batches of Original Trilogy / Prequel Trilogy / Wolverine & Deadpool movies. I know many people are waiting to see how the artwork matches up before committing to pre-orders.

There won't be any Wolverine movies...only Logan.

Is anything worth the money that we pay for it?

How much did people pay for magnets to cover up the Empire Strikes Back SteelBook? They weren't even lenticular.

How much are lenti magnets sold for by advertisers on HDN?

Very valid point.
Guess we all perceive value differently - personally, I feel this release is minimal effort, premium price.

Retailers know they can get away with it - there doesn’t seem to be an awful lot of differentiation going on, feel it’s a completely saturated market now.

Re-releasing a catalogue title with artwork we’ve all seen many times previously, slapping a lenti magnet on it and charging £33 seems extremely lazy to me. At least releases like the 4K version of The Little Mermaid uses more interesting artwork..

Reactions: Stygian
Haven't ordered nothing from Zavvi since the big cock up with the Star Wars Steelbooks.

Was looking forward to this being the 1st since then but that price. Not a chance.
"Haven't ordered nothing?" That means you have ordered something (double negative)! :) What did you order that you don't want to admit to? lol :rofl:

But then, if you haven't ordered anything, or have ordered nothing, then I'll let you off! :whistle:

Very valid point.
Guess we all perceive value differently - personally, I feel this release is minimal effort, premium price.

Retailers know they can get away with it - there doesn’t seem to be an awful lot of differentiation going on, feel it’s a completely saturated market now.

Re-releasing a catalogue title with artwork we’ve all seen many times previously, slapping a lenti magnet on it and charging £33 seems extremely lazy to me. At least releases like the 4K version of The Little Mermaid uses more interesting artwork..

I think the lenti magnet was a bad idea for this wave. I think at this point a lot of people might be over this trend now.

These would have been better without the magnet making the price lower (in theory). With the magnet and the price I believe these are just going to sit.

There won't be any Wolverine movies...only Logan.
Why do you say that?

And are we specifically talking no 4k Wolverine movies/steelbooks?

Does Logan have a 4k release? With a steelbook?

I didn't really like Logan but really liked Wolverine 1 & 2.

I'd hope for all of them to be released at some point.

I mean X-Men is one of the biggest franchises in history and Wolverine is the biggest/most popular character.

You'd think they would be in the release line-up at some point.

Why do you say that?

I mean X-Men is one of the biggest franchises in history and Wolverine is the biggest/most popular character.

I'm just going by the list posted by @virkia in post #22 of this thread about what SteelBooks are planned for this wave.

1) X-Men
2) X2
3) X-Men: The Last Stand
4) X-Men: First Class
5) X-Men: Days of Future Past
6) X-Men: Apocalypse
7) X-Men: Dark Phoenix
8) Logan
9) Deadpool
10) Deadpool 2

Why do you say that?

Biggest franchises in history? As far as I can recollect they’ve done ok at the box office but not gangbusters. And critically speaking they’ve been very patchy.

There's no excuse for charging that much! Disney singlehandedly running steelbook collecting into the ground.

Biggest franchises in history? As far as I can recollect they’ve done ok at the box office but not gangbusters. And critically speaking they’ve been very patchy.
All of the X-Men films have brought in over 6 Billion dollars in global sales. Pretty damn impressive and I would still stand behind it being one of the biggest franchises in history.

Not just financially, but also enjoyment of fans over the years for seeing their favorite comicbook adaptions on the big screen.

Total cost of production was 1.7 Billion, so they made over 4.3 Billion in profit.

In fact, according to this page, X-Men is the 7th largest franchise in box office history:

Reactions: Flloydo and Shark
All of the X-Men films have brought in over 6 Billion dollars in global sales. Pretty damn impressive and I would still stand behind it being one of the biggest franchises in history.

Not just financially, but also enjoyment of fans over the years for seeing their favorite comicbook adaptions on the big screen.

Total cost of production was 1.7 Billion, so they made over 4.3 Billion in profit.

In fact, according to this page, X-Men is the 7th largest franchise in box office history:

That’s fair enough, I’m not knocking them. I was only taking into account the 2 original trilogies and not including the Wolverine/Deadpool spin-off’s.

I just don’t see them in the same league as other franchises like Star Wars or the MCU.

Might be a bit early but anyone received this yet?

dying to know the finish, how the lenti is and the steel overall