X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D - In theaters May 23rd, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The X-Men send Wolverine to the past to change a major historical event that could globally impact man and mutant kind.
With: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore
and: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage,

Trailer:

#1:

Attachments

• X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past.jpg
    X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Xmen sequel named "Days of the Future Past"

1343868701769.jpg

This is amazing. Found it on coming soon.net

Rumored earlier this week, the sequel to 2011's X-Men: First Class is officially titled X-Men: Days of Future Past. IGN scored a confirmation directly from the film's producer, Bryan Singer.

"It's called 'Days of Future Past'," he told the site. "It deals with aspects of that comic, but also some very new things."

The comic book storyline, "Days of Future Past" ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 way back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run and introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

As you can see in the video player below, Singer also says that the hope is to expand the X-Men franchise to become as complete a world as the interconnected film universe of Marvel's The Avengers.

Last edited:
This is great news!!! I hope they can get the original cast from the first Trilogy and meet the First Class team. Damn, If only it could all be connected with both series , it would be EPIC!!!! also this universe joining the Avengers Universe seems ....... interesting but I don't have my hopes up.

I think that the X-Men films are still distributed by 20th Century Fox and the other Marvel movies (with the exception of Spider-Man) are distributed by Disney. I don't see a team-up happening any time soon.

From Deadline:
Matthew Vaughn has decided not to direct the sequel to 20th Century Fox‘s hit spinoff X-Men: First Class. Ready for the next shocker? Atop the studio’s replacement short list is Bryan Singer, who launched the X-Men feature franchise with the first two superb films and who has been a guiding influence in this spinoff by writing the treatment and producing. If this works out, Singer and Vaughn would essentially be switching roles. Vaughn, who wrote the treatment for the sequel for X-Men: First Class — Days Of Future Past that was scripted by Simon Kinberg, would step back to produce the film with Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner.

Vaughn will do another film for Fox, and I’m hearing it will be the drama Secret Service, an adaptation of the Mark Millar comic book series that Vaughn has been working on with the author.

Oh... what do you guys think??? I loved a lot Singer's X-men movies (first 2) so it could be a good news for us...

Reactions: Gaveecho
I think I would have preferred Vaughn as well, First Class was my favorite X-Men movie too, I really liked the first two X-Men films though so hopefully he'll do a good job!

From FS.net
Bryan Singer Confirmed to Direct 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Next

bryansinger-magnetohelmet-tsr.jpg

Fox might be pretty sad that they won't be handling distribution for Lucasfilm anymore now that more Star Wars is coming, but they have their own big news today. As we learned last week, director Matthew Vaughn was stepping away from X-Men: Days of Future Past, the sequel to X-Men: First Class. It wasn't the first time he left an X-Men sequel as he also departed X-Men: The Last Stand years ago, but it was still some disappointing news. But then it was revealed that X-Men and X2 director Bryan Singer was atop the shortlist to take over. Now Deadline has confirmed that he has signed a deal, and it will be his next film.

Vaughn will still produce the sequel along with writer Simon Kinberg and longtime producer Lauren Shuler Donner. Singer certainly did a hell of a job launching the X-Men franchise and the success of that film was responsible for the plethora of comic book films that followed and still continue every single year. Does this mean that Days of Future Past might have more of a link to the original franchise than we think? Will the time travel elements of the comic story allow it to break free from the original continuity or help tie it in to the original trilogy? We hope for the former, but can't wait to see what Singer does with X-Men again. Hell, Singer on X-Men and new Star Wars? It's time to party like it's 1999!

Wasn't long before we get confirmation! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryan Singer as director :( I think I just lost all hope for this trilogy. His work for the most part is horrendous (i.e. Superman Returns, X2). Matthew Vaughn did a FANTASTIC job as director & co-writer, what the heck is FOX thinking?

Last edited: