Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2018)

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Simon Kinberg

Cast: Sophie Turner, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Evan Peters, Tye Sheridan, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Alexandra Shipp, Lamar Johnson, Summer Fontana, Kota Eberhardt, Scott Shepherd, Evan Jonigkeit, Gregg Lowe, Olivia Munn, Daniel Cudmore

Release: 2018-11-02

Plot: Gathered together by Professor Charles Xavier to protect a world that fears and hates them, the X-Men had fought many battles, been on adventures that spanned galaxies, grappled enemies of limitless might, but none of this could prepare them for the most shocking struggle they would ever face. One of their own members, Jean Grey, has gained power beyond all comprehension, and that power has corrupted her absolutely! Now they must decide if the life of the woman they cherish is worth the existence of the entire universe!

Everything sounds epic about this film and unless Avengers Infinty War does it first this will be the first film we see predominantly earth bound superheroes venture into Space

Hoping for big things but expecting the worst as a Fox really don't have much of a clue about what they're doing with these films (and they don't have as big a budget as Marvel do with the MCU films)

Deadline reports that Kinberg is officially set to direct his own screenplay and most of the main players from X-Men: Apocalypse - Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Michael Fassbender (Magneto), James McAvoy(Professor X), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Alexandra Shipp (Storm), Sophie Turner(Jean Grey), Tye Sheridan (Cyclops), and Kodi Smit-McPhee (Nightcrawler)—are set to return.

Jessica Chastain is also in talks to play the villain, Lilandra.

151973-96075-lilandra.jpg
Chastain as a villain? HELL YEAH! :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
Dark Phoenix: Dazzler will appear in the upcoming X-Men film.

dazzler.jpg

Source: EW
Dark Phoenix, the upcoming X-Men film about the classic Jean Grey storyline, is gonna be even more dazzling than other installments: EW can confirm that mutant pop star Dazzler, who not only can sing and dance but also manipulate light, will appear in Phoenix.

First look of the Phoenix:
View attachment 347956

I'm trying to be optimistic.... but with the mess that was Apocalysp, it's hard for me to be thrilled by this...

I hope they're faithful to the source material as seeing the X-Men go into space would be great, the reason why the original X-Men trilogy was so successful was the realistic take on the superhero genre however the MCU has since shown you can make the outlandish work just as well

If today's reports are to be believed though this may well be the last X-Men film under Fox's banner so even if this does suck better things are surely on the way

I like what I'm seeing! :hungry: :drool: Hopefully the trailer is not to far! :thumbs:

The film is pretty much a year away, doubt we'll see a trailer till March at the earliest

Jessica Chastain clearly wasn't lying about not playing the part of Lilandra which is a real shame as it looks like this film won't be faithful to the source material and we won't be seeing the shi'ar :(

Reactions: bloodsnake007
Loving the look of mystiques makeup. But why change it now

She is Mystique, she can change her look whenever she wants! haha
But I agree. Looks good.

Hey @apsmith21
I think that @kaw really appreciates the new "Update movie poster" option! :hilarious:

"Appreciates" is too small of a word. "LOVES" seems like a better fit!