XSX Xbox Series X/S - Main Discussion Thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 10, 2020
Price: XBX - $499/450 GBP (600 USD) | XBS - $299/250 GBP (330 USD)

xboxseriesX.jpg

Category_MC_Xbox.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The name is daft (as is usually the case with XBOX), but the console itself looks great IMO. Only problem will be finding somewhere to store it... not that I'll be getting one, but just saying.

Reactions: tridon
Like @Noodles said, the game is pretty ridiculous which is usually for Xbox, but I think it's pretty cool that they're going for something totally different-looking. I like the tower look and it seems like it's pretty small when you consider the standing controller is half the size of it. I'm intrigued to see what pricing is like for the next-gen consoles. E3 should be very interesting in 2020.

Reactions: Noodles
Like @Noodles said, the game is pretty ridiculous which is usually for Xbox, but I think it's pretty cool that they're going for something totally different-looking. I like the tower look and it seems like it's pretty small when you consider the standing controller is half the size of it. I'm intrigued to see what pricing is like for the next-gen consoles. E3 should be very interesting in 2020.
Good to finally see someone else who's a fan of the new look... so far I've only seen folks s***ing on it and comparing it to a PC tower (what's wrong with that?). I hadn't really given much thought about its size, so good point with comparing it to the controller - looks like it's around three controllers high and maybe one wide. I'm kinda hoping PlayStation take a risk and go for something unique as well, but I honestly reckon they'll just play it safe.

Reactions: tridon
Good to finally see someone else who's a fan of the new look... so far I've only seen folks s***ing on it and comparing it to a PC tower (what's wrong with that?). I hadn't really given much thought about its size, so good point with comparing it to the controller - looks like it's around three controllers high and maybe one wide. I'm kinda hoping PlayStation take a risk and go for something unique as well, but I honestly reckon they'll just play it safe.

Xbox has always been more experimental with their designs because they come from a PC background. I always laugh at the thought of the original Xbox design being a giant 'X'. PlayStation has always kept things relatively safe because they came from a time when VCR/DVD-looking consoles were a thing (the first PS was originally meant to be an add-on for Nintendo's SNES, after all). Now I think it's a "if it isn't broken, why fix it?" kinda thing.

But yeah, I do like the look of the new Xbox. I just hope it doesn't get too hot in a typical entertainment/media set-up. Looks like it vents out the top which would personally be a b*tch for me.

Reactions: Noodles
I like the design doesn't really look much different to the X, apparently it's been confirmed that you can lay it horizontal so it might not be as hard to find space for as people thought.

I'm just hoping for true backwards compatability so I don't have to keep my X to play half of my games. Also, confirmation that the new elite 2 will be compatible would be nice.

Last edited:
I like the design doesn't really look much different to the X, apparently it's been confirmed that you can lay it horizontal so it might not be as hard to find space for as people thought.

I'm just hoping for true backwards compatability so I don't have to keep my X to play half of my games. Also, confirmation that the new elite 2 will be compatible would be nice.
Doesn't really like much different to the x? The only resemblance is the X in the name :rofl: The series 2 will 100% be compatible with this:thumbs:

Doesn't really like much different to the x? The only resemblance is the X in the name :rofl: The series 2 will 100% be compatible with this:thumbs:
Turn it on its side and it just looks like a fat X to me :LOL:, only real difference is the split down the middle.

Yeah, they've confirmed it really quickly, no doubt a lot of people have held off buying one until we knew.