XSX Xbox Series X/S - Main Discussion Thread

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 10, 2020
Price: XBX - $499/450 GBP (600 USD) | XBS - $299/250 GBP (330 USD)

xboxseriesX.jpg

Category_MC_Xbox.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I do hope this will put more pressure on Sony to give us some competitive prices :D
I wonder if the digital version of the PS5 will be line with the price of the Series S :whistle:

EDIT: After seeing that the Series S is only going to be £249 I very much doubt that the digital only PS5 will be near that price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thoth
Decent prices. They're also listed as ERP so if Sony come out with a cheaper price for the PS5, Microsoft have given themselves the freedom to undercut it.

Big day for announcements, price & release date for the Series X, EA Play is integrating with Game Pass, AC Valhalla is launching day & date with the Series X.

Reactions: Robles
Not bad! Was expecting both to be at least £50 more. I also doubt Playstation will beat those price. :ohno:
Yeah so was I to be honest, once id seen it was the prices in the state I thought they were going to be the same here.

There's quite a difference between the X and S spec-wise and with the PS5 I believe there isn't any difference between the standard and digital. Makes me wonder if PlayStation will bring out something similar to the Series S.

Microsoft has been quite clever there by bringing out both machines that will run next-gen but one of them being quite cheap.

Decent prices. They're also listed as ERP so if Sony come out with a cheaper price for the PS5, Microsoft have given themselves the freedom to undercut it.

Big day for announcements, price & release date for the Series X, EA Play is integrating with Game Pass, AC Valhalla is launching day & date with the Series X.
Yeah it's great that Valhalla has been brought forward by a week to be in line with the release of the consoles :thumbs: You will more than likely get some good deals on this then with the game included:D

Didn't know that EA was now going to be included with the sub of Gamepass, I assume it will go up by a couple of quid now then.

Yeah so was I to be honest, once id seen it was the prices in the state I thought they were going to be the same here.

There's quite a difference between the X and S spec-wise and with the PS5 I believe there isn't any difference between the standard and digital. Makes me wonder if PlayStation will bring out something similar to the Series S.

Microsoft has been quite clever there by bringing out both machines that will run next-gen but one of them being quite cheap.

Yeah it's great that Valhalla has been brought forward by a week to be in line with the release of the consoles :thumbs: You will more than likely get some good deals on this then with the game included:D

Didn't know that EA was now going to be included with the sub of Gamepass, I assume it will go up by a couple of quid now then.

From what I've read the price is staying the same. EA Play was only €3.99 a month so it seems Microsoft is footing the bill just to make Game Pass a more attractive offer (as if it needed it).

That'll be me set for launch then (off the top of my head); AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077 & NBA 2K21 on Series X & Spider-Man: Miles Morales & Ratchet & Clank on PS5.

I also doubt Sony will beat that price. I expect Sony digital to be around £350-400 and disc one for at least £500.

If they do sell PS5 digital console for 250 then I might even consider buying that over the disc one.

From what I've read the price is staying the same. EA Play was only €3.99 a month so it seems Microsoft is footing the bill just to make Game Pass a more attractive offer (as if it needed it).

That'll be me set for launch then (off the top of my head); AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077 & NBA 2K21 on Series X & Spider-Man: Miles Morales & Ratchet & Clank on PS5.
I have both subscriptions so will be great to only be paying for the one and even better if its the same cost as it is at the moment :LOL: :thumbs: Earlier in the year I wasn't going to bother with picking the Series X up as I really wasn't gaming as much as I did in the past but recently I've been getting right back in the mood, so I think this will be a release purchase for me now.
I also doubt Sony will beat that price. I expect Sony digital to be around £350-400 and disc one for at least £500.

If they do sell PS5 digital console for 250 then I might even consider buying that over the disc one.
The digital PS5 won't be anywhere near that price of the Series S purely down to the fact that there is quite a big difference between the S and X but no real spec difference between the two PS5 models.
I reckon you'll be looking at around £50-£80 difference between the two at best.

Reactions: Thoth
I have both subscriptions so will be great to only be paying for the one and even better if its the same cost as it is at the moment :LOL: :thumbs: Earlier in the year I wasn't going to bother with picking the Series X up as I really wasn't gaming as much as I did in the past but recently I've been getting right back in the mood, so I think this will be a release purchase for me now.

The digital PS5 won't be anywhere near that price of the Series S purely down to the fact that there is quite a big difference between the S and X but no real spec difference between the two PS5 models.
I reckon you'll be looking at around £50-£80 difference between the two at best.

Yeah £50 won't be big enough to make me consider it xD

Yeah £50 won't be big enough to make me consider it xD
No, if the difference is going to be small then id definitely go for the standard release and like I've said if previous comments, I'm not to keen on the idea of digital only.

Where abouts did you get a pre-order for June, Didnt think this went live until mid sept?

GameStop in Ireland, they've been taking preorders for ages, way before the preorders officially went live.

Which, granted, has now caused them issues as some people who preordered in September now may not get the console till next year.