Your Name (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (The On Series No. 23) (KimchiDVD Exclusive) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 25 28, 2022
Purchase links: Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti - One Click (Pre-order on December 28, at 2 PM - Korea time)
Price: $50.99 (Individual Editions) - $152 (One Click)
Note: Total print run 4200. Full Slip A1, 1000 - Full Slip A2, 800 - Lenti, 2400

268345861_3360278104199383_796197391162554849_n.jpg267393294_3360278127532714_1380103684555732542_n.jpg267443830_3360278094199384_6567493577572287444_n.jpg
7E2EED0E-7E7C-4E18-A22E-D3E8BC501290.jpeg

Last edited:
Just received the lenti and it’s absolutely dog sh!t

Zero depth, awful and pointless transition, no finish on the back. So f**king annoyed. Even the steel is kinda washed out and too metallicy. Absolutely gutted. I thought the On were good at lentis?!?

I actually want to sell it straight away, for me, massive waste of money. Sick of these releases having no good finish. The back is crying out for spot gloss and holofoil
Yeah i wasn't happy with mine either. The lenti colours are nice enough, but it's flat as fxck and the transition is very poor. Neither character fully dissappear. The rear is fine, but nothing to it. Spot gloss and holo would've been perfect.

Not overly psyched about the steel either, which was the main sale for me. It's also too metallic for my taste. Gloss layer feels thin, not overly premium and as you say, colours aren't vibrant.

I'm not going to sell it and I still think the lenti slip art is the best of the 3, but with a little more effort it could've been SO much better.

Reactions: milky and Flloydo
Uhm... maybe I've translated it wrong from Italian... ;)
Let's say expectation is now very low after what you wrote...
Ohhhh your Italian, that explains it..... lol joke

Yeah I get you. It’s not great. I’m so angry right now lol

Ohhhh your Italian, that explains it..... lol joke

Yeah I get you. It’s not great. I’m so angry right now lol
I've opened it... Jeez...
Is it supposed to show a transition? Well, they do NOT disappear!
Back is plain as f**k. Like Weathering with You from Rs.
Wasted money, I do agree.

Yeah i wasn't happy with mine either. The lenti colours are nice enough, but it's flat as fxck and the transition is very poor. Neither character fully dissappear. The rear is fine, but nothing to it. Spot gloss and holo would've been perfect.

Not overly psyched about the steel either, which was the main sale for me. It's also too metallic for my taste. Gloss layer feels thin, not overly premium and as you say, colours aren't vibrant.

I'm not going to sell it and I still think the lenti slip art is the best of the 3, but with a little more effort it could've been SO much better.
I’m glad it’s not just me. Sometimes when something annoys me as much as this has it seems to only be me. And people think I’m over reacting. This is a huge disappointment. And yeah I love all the art used too. But it’s come out so bad

I just wish I went for the full slip moon took photos off. An actual decent finish. How is it so hard to put a finish on the back of the lenti? Even if it’s minimal. The amount the release costs and as a premium it’s the least I expect. Those film cells aren’t real either lol. They are printed on tiny lithographs and the Colour is all washed out

Reactions: milky
I’m glad it’s not just me. Sometimes when something annoys me as much as this has it seems to only be me. And people think I’m over reacting. This is a huge disappointment. And yeah I love all the art used too. But it’s come out so bad

I just wish I went for the full slip moon took photos off. An actual decent finish. How is it so hard to put a finish on the back of the lenti? Even if it’s minimal. The amount the release costs and as a premium it’s the least I expect. Those film cells aren’t real either lol. They are printed on tiny lithographs and the Colour is all washed out
It's not just you, dw. Sounds like you hate it more than me though lol I still think I've picked the best slip, even with the finish tbh. I do wish the lenti image wasn't even a lenti now (as it's pretty p#sspoor in execution) and just another simple FS.

The FS1 doesn't do it for me with those window boxes. Plus it's still a flat matte finish, just with a little foil on the title. FS2 I haven't seen live shots, but expect it's the same as lenti rear.

I've just had the korean weathering with you 4k steel delivered today, and the two slips make a nice pair imo. WWY is a slim slip, with the similar finish as rear of YN, but it has nice images and colours. The steel is so MUCH nicer though. Vibrant and super glossy. Front & back title debossing a nice touch too.

20220314_143527.jpg
20220314_143555.jpg

It's not just you, dw. Sounds like you hate it more than me though lol I still think I've picked the best slip, even with the finish tbh. I do wish the lenti image wasn't even a lenti now (as it's pretty p#sspoor in execution) and just another simple FS.

The FS1 doesn't do it for me with those window boxes. Plus it's still a flat matte finish, just with a little foil on the title. FS2 I haven't seen live shots, but expect it's the same as lenti rear.

I've just had the korean weathering with you 4k steel delivered today, and the two slips make a nice pair imo. WWY is a slim slip, with the similar finish as rear of YN, but it has nice images and colours. The steel is so MUCH nicer though. Vibrant and super glossy. Front & back title debossing a nice touch too.

View attachment 529028View attachment 529029
You know what pi**es me off? That the windowed slip at least has some bit of work on it. But you can't just slam a couple images on a slip and call it a premium. Ok, it has a WEA steelbook, so my point can be kind of wrong, but the lenti is a joke... the characters don't even fully disappear...
The only shipping option is 40€+ from Korea to Italy and it ended costing me 100€+. I don't think it's worth it... :/

View attachment 529028View attachment 529029
My only positive is I like all the art used.

Tbh, the post card booklet is the most premium part of it for me!!!! That’s bad lol

Reactions: samdavies
You know what pi**es me off? That the windowed slip at least has some bit of work on it. But you can't just slam a couple images on a slip and call it a premium. Ok, it has a WEA steelbook, so my point can be kind of wrong, but the lenti is a joke... the characters don't even fully disappear...
The only shipping option is 40€+ from Korea to Italy and it ended costing me 100€+. I don't think it's worth it... :/
Agreed. Even the least appealing slip to me to have had the most attention paid to it. The lenti is a joke. Disappointed.

€40 shipping would've made this an no go for me. Thankfully mine cost less than £50 total, which is honestly still too much.

Reactions: Mokum
If anyone in the US wants to sell their copy at a discount, I might be willing to buy it, if I haven’t bought my copy. :naughty::D I might buy A1, instead of the lenti!:OMG:

Reactions: Real Steel
@Flloydo @Mokum
To be fair to the lenti, the preview didn’t show them disappear. And with lentis, the higher the contrast, the less likely a transition will disappear. This lenti transition was destined to not work with the sun.
interesting comment. when i saw the lenti on their instagram post, i also wondered why the transition didn't disappear. still that scene is too good to resist even if it is not perfect. :)

@Flloydo @Mokum
To be fair to the lenti, the preview didn’t show them disappear. And with lentis, the higher the contrast, the less likely a transition will disappear. This lenti transition was destined to not work with the sun.
The transition of them disappearing is the least of my worries and annoyance tbh. It’s just a very dull, boring and flat lenti. But like I said before I still love the art used. Just a sh!t lenti. The back is the real kick in the nuts tho. When the beauty shots were revealed all I could see in my head was spot gloss and spot holofoil. Would of literally been perfect. Plus it’s finishes the On use frequently. So why not now? Why nothing? I find it such an odd decision

The On can do better. Much better

I also received my suspiria full slip with it yesterday and that is how you create a finish. Same company. The On. The difference is polarising. And this should be considered more a premium than a keep case in a thin slip.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMA and samdavies
The transition of them disappearing is the least of my worries and annoyance tbh. It’s just a very dull, boring and flat lenti. But like I said before I still love the art used. Just a sh!t lenti. The back is the real kick in the nuts tho. When the beauty shots were revealed all I could see in my head was spot gloss and spot holofoil. Would of literally been perfect. Plus it’s finishes the On use frequently. So why not now? Why nothing? I find it such an odd decision

I also received my suspiria full slip with it yesterday and that is how you create a finish. Same company. The On. The difference is polarising. And this should be considered more a premium than a keep case in a thin slip.
I can understand how you feel. To me, The On is just milking the saleability of Your Name. They likely have thought that they don't have to invest too much in the quality of the finishing to move sales. Judging from the issue size, they were even over-confident about it.

My opinion of The On already dived when they went for their generic spine background design with the diagonal lines pattern on every issue. It annoys me to see it as, obviously, that pattern hardly fits in with any of the slip designs.

Last edited:

I agree with you about the back. Those finishes would have clinched buying the lenti. I instead ordered A1 with a preorder. I have a couple days to reconsider. I hate the window boxes, but I like the artwork and that the colors blend better with the SteelBook.

Reactions: Flloydo
Does anyone know how many OC are around? I got my A1 delivered yesterday and it was 194/1000. Either barley any OC or they don't match the numbers when you get one but I thought this is the way (as Mando would say). Did premium one clicks ever not number match? Rookie question probably but I just got into premiums when weet IW came out so I know I missed a lot of great editions at cost that are way too high now.

Does anyone know how many OC are around? I got my A1 delivered yesterday and it was 194/1000. Either barley any OC or they don't match the numbers when you get one but I thought this is the way (as Mando would say). Did premium one clicks ever not number match? Rookie question probably but I just got into premiums when weet IW came out so I know I missed a lot of great editions at cost that are way too high now.
They didn't disclose how many. They SHOULD be the lower numbers (so yours would suggest less than 200), but that's not necessarily a given. They could be a matching set of any 3 numbers to be honest. Also, yes, they will all be matching.