Your Name (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 6, 2016
Hawai'i
Release date: November 6, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi) - £27.99 (HMV)

71e64NWSpbL._SX385_.jpg

Mitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited.​
What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.

Contains the film on Blu-Ray and DVD with both the English dub and the original Japanese track with English subtitles. Presented in collectors packaging and also includes a CD of the film soundtrack by RADWIMPS.

Extras/Episodes
  • Film on Blu-Ray and DVD
  • Collectors Packaging
  • Soundtrack CD

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I won't be getting this if that is the cover they're going for. Not only does it not embrace the minimalism of Steelbooks. Those laurels are awful and I'v always hated those.

Here's the cover they should have gone with (or something custom)
your-name.jpg

OR even
Pq4QmyV.jpg

2at2Y1e.jpg
You can guess I like the minimalistic 3rd option.
Just out of curiosity do people here let Zavvi know their preview artwork is bad and they should really think about what it'll be when produced?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
I've already got an order in for the regular release but I stuck in an order for this all the same & will decide later depending on what artwork they use.

Plenty of time for the artwork to change for this release. What's showing now is obviously a temporary placeholder.

Maybe a bit sterile but I'd be inclined to go for the wraparound style here - only reversed - with the spine separating the two parts of the whole poster with the Japanese art on the inside:-
rlahijt4.jpg

Rus et urbe (lol)

That being said I do like the poster chosen for the TBC front artwork :thumbs:
fczcf3oq.jpg

Fully loaded 5 disc Japanese set costing something over $100 (with "free" bookmark" . . .
Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.) w/ English & Chinese Subtitles [Collector's Edition] 5 Disc Set incl. 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray [Limited Release]
Region free
Subtitles English Chinese Japanese
Audio Track Japanese DTS HD Master Audio 2.0ch
Japanese DTS HD Master Audio 5.1ch

If you're going to Tokyo between the 3rd August and the 29th September . . .
http://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1500532821
The Willer bus company operates only two open-top "restaurant buses" in Japan. The company, Cool Japan Travel, THE GUEST cafe & diner, and the Anime Tourism Association decided to partner and utilize those buses for a special "your name. Cafe Bus" experience. The cafe bus inspired by Makoto Shinkai's hit anime film will operate in Tokyo from August 3 to September 29.

bus1.jpg

Willer's 2 restaurant buses will be wrapped in your name. art. People who participate will be able to enjoy the scenery on the open-air second floor of the buses. The buses will drive by locations that feature in Shinkai's film. On the first floor, riders will be able to eat dishes featured at a your name. cafe that ran in Tokyo in January and February. Participants will receive one of eight special themed coasters as a bonus.

bus2.jpg

bus3.jpg

A 90-minute ride on the cafe bus will cost 5,800 yen (about US$52). The official web page for the campaign is accepting reservations now.

Japan's H.I.S. travel agency also offered a walking tour of locations from the film on November 19. The real-world inspirations in various locations in Japan for the film's settings have become popular anime pilgrimage sites. The local economy around Hida, the northernmost city in Gifu Prefecture, earned 18.5 billion yen (about US$164 million) due in part to tourism related to the film.

Shinkai's film opened in Japan on July 3, 2016 and quickly became a global sensation. The film opened in North America on April 7 and had grossed US$4,676,810 at the box office as of May 7.

If there's a Special or Collector's Edition (apart from the steelbook) I'm guessing it'll be this one:-
71YB8J43L0L._SL1500_.jpg

VthvpyK.jpg
E5j90Fm.jpg
TrVYvgk.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a bit sterile but I'd be inclined to go for the wraparound style here - only reversed - with the spine separating the two parts of the whole poster with the Japanese art on the inside:-
rlahijt4.jpg

Rus et urbe (lol)

That being said I do like the poster chosen for the TBC front artwork :thumbs:
fczcf3oq.jpg

Liking your idea of the wrap around effect @virkia , that would be stunning, but I'd keep the countryside on the front lol

Reactions: virkia
Although "steelbook" isn't mention its also listed on Amazon with cd soundtrack and collectable packaging, so liable to be the same and its £19.99 on there

I'd say that listing will be updated shortly, it was confirmed earlier that the collectors edition is actually the steelbook (though I can't find the confirmation post now).