Your Name (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 6, 2016
Hawai'i
Release date: November 6, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi) - £27.99 (HMV)

71e64NWSpbL._SX385_.jpg

Mitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited.​
What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.

Contains the film on Blu-Ray and DVD with both the English dub and the original Japanese track with English subtitles. Presented in collectors packaging and also includes a CD of the film soundtrack by RADWIMPS.

Extras/Episodes
  • Film on Blu-Ray and DVD
  • Collectors Packaging
  • Soundtrack CD

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowee ! :thumbs:
(Gloss with metallic reflections to the sky)
giphy.gif

The steelbook (courtesy All The Anime):-
IMG_7890-850x850.jpg

IMG_7898-850x850.jpg

IMG_7899-850x850.jpg

IMG_7901-850x850.jpg

- UK package
- UK 4K?
- UK / Australia Madman disc issues

- Review of the film from AnimeUKNews
- UK home video choices
- Merchandise
- Hollywood live action remake
RE: STEELBOOK PACKAGE . . . from Andrew Partridge of Anime Ltd.
upload_2017-11-7_14-17-16.png

RE: UK 4K release . . . ditto
upload_2017-11-7_14-24-6.png

RE: DISC ISSUES . . . ditto
upload_2017-11-7_13-35-5.png

REVIEW OF THE FILM:-
https://animeuknews.net/2017/10/your-name/

CHOICES FOR HOME VIDEO FROM UK RETAILERS . . . 4 so far (Standard, Steelbook, Sainsbury's Exclusive - all 6/11/17 + Deluxe Edition 23/11/17):-
https://animeuknews.net/2017/10/ani...exclusive-your-name-promotion-for-sainsburys/

The stack of releases worldwide for what was one of the biggest film in Japan last year isn't really surprising nor is the merchandising push and talk of the Hollywood live action remake:-
MERCH . . .

upload_2017-11-7_14-6-57.png
upload_2017-11-7_14-7-32.png

HOLLYWOOD . . .
upload_2017-11-7_14-12-31.png

Last edited:
Has anyone viewed it, yet? I read the video quality may be poor. If so, I may have to buy another release to go with the SteelBook.

Yes, the picture quality is (really) poor. Yes, there will be a replacement disc in early 2018. And yes, this steelbook is a thing of beauty. Should all be said now. :p

• Helpful Post
Reactions: RMA
The quality is not really bad, or even bad. Its what you would expect from a Blu-ray. IE great.

I think the comments about its quality are coming from pixel peepers (or whatever you call them,) people running the disc through a computer analyser and saying the results are not up to scratch.

But to the naked eye, it is completely fine.

Its a really great steelbook and edition of the film since it comes with a 27 track soundtrack... Can't say many steels actually get the collectors treatment but this does.

Plus the film is sublime. Definitely in my top five animation films.

Obviously if they issue replacement discs I will want one, this steel comes at the very top end pricing wise... but really, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Watched this last night & didn't notice anything wrong with the picture. Might be a tad soft once or twice but overall I thought it looked very good visually.

First time watch of this too & I was blown away by it, its magnificent!

I agree I didn't notice any issues with the picture but i did with the sound. Watching in 5.1 a few, and I do mean a few, sections of dialogue have a strange fuzz over them. I have already emailed the link BluSteel2012 kindly posted and got a reply the same day stating they will send a replacement and provided an address to send the defective blu ray which is fantastic customer service. The issues are minor and the movie is one of the best I've seen in anime.

happy days. :) a beautiful steelbook for a fantastic film. :drool:

really didn't notice anything clearly wrong with the picture when i tested the discs :confused:, so maybe my eyes (quite likely), my 4K doing a good upscaling job, or luck. still appreciate the link, @BluSteel2012, and will write to them. thanks!

if anyone would like, here's the quarterslip/jcard info:

biggest plus for me - apart from an excellent film - is that they have done such a good job on the glossing effect that the sunlight seems to be real onto the characters on the cover. just lovely.

definitely would encourage you to pull the trigger if you haven't already. possible disc issue notwithstanding, it's well stocked package and worth your time. i can see this being pretty desirable when OOS. :thumbs:
giphy.gif

not sure if anyone else went through the All the Anime disc replacement offer, but i have now received a new blu ray disc replacement copy of the film. :)

i assume All the Anime sent it, and if so good of them to send me one, since i didn't buy it from them direct. but there's no sender information, or return address, nor is there any sort of note, slip or letter inside. and, of course, since i had to send the old disc back, i can't compare it to the new version received. so, i have a new copy and can at least watch it again, and re-complete my steelbook set, and i thank whoever may have sent this to me! :LOL: :thumbs:

fyi @BluSteel2012 @psychoscot @RMA @SteelCollz

YourName_replacement_front.jpg YourName_replacement_inside.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012