E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Your Name

Director: Marc Webb

Plot: J.J. Abrams and Paramount Pictures have announced they’ll be turning the critically acclaimed Japanese anime Your Name into a live-action film.

Marc Webb To Direct ‘Your Name’ Remake For Toho, Paramount, Bad Robot

EXCLUSIVE: Toho, Paramount and Bad Robot have set Marc Webb to direct Your Name, a reimagined version of the 2016 animated romantic fantasy drama film that became a classic in Japan. Webb followed (500) Days of Summer with the blockbuster reboot The Amazing Spider-Man and its sequel. Eric Heisserer is set to write the retelling.

Paramount and Bad Robot acquired remake rights from Toho, its partner on the new film. Bad Robot’s J.J. Abrams will produce along with Genki Kawamura, who produced the original, and Lindsey Weber, who will be executive producer, and joins the Oscar-nominated screenwriter. Toho will handle distribution of the film in Japan with Paramount releasing in all other territories.

In this reimagined version, a young Native American woman living in a rural area and a young man from Chicago discover they are magically and intermittently swapping bodies. When a disaster threatens to upend their lives, they must journey to meet and save their worlds.

Said Kawamura: “Marc was our first choice to direct this refashioned interpretation of the film from the moment we explored creating an American version. As we saw in (500) Days Of Summer, Marc has a tremendous talent for telling great love stories and in the same way moviegoers were captivated by the original film, we are certain Marc will engage fans of the original and an entirely new audience for these characters’ beautiful journey. With J.J. Abrams producing, Eric Heisserer writing and Marc directing, this project officially has the team we dreamed about.”

via Deadline

Nice.
I think Webb is actually a REALLY good director but just got a little over his head with the TSAM films.
500 Days of Summer is one of my favs and I'm looking forward to see what he does with this.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database