Zack Snyder's Justice League (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 39) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 28 April 29 (TBC) (Box Set and Individual Editions) - April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) (Motherboxes) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Motherbox HU - Motherbox AM - Motherbox AT (Pre-order January 28, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) Check your local time HERE
Price: $184.97 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti) - $139.99 (Motherboxes)
Group buy: Hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Motherbox HU - Motherbox AM - Motherbox AT

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 500 Sets, Numbered 1-500. Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 850 copies, Numbered 1-850. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Lenti: 850 copies, Numbered 1-850. 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 800 copies, Numbered 1-800. 3D+Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Motherboxes: Resin box with removable lid & made by high-end figure manufacturer.
HU: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Steelbook Stand: Resin stand with velvet interior. Rubber patches on the bottom of stand for stability. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with sticker, JL Metal pin, JL Flag, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
AM: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Metal Pin: Worn metal pins with each JL member's symbol with Darkseid's symbol. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with metallic sticker, JL Metal pins, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
AT: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Metal Pin: Worn metal pin with each JL logo. Flag: Fabric flag with JL logo heat transfer printed Approx 44cm x 56cm in size. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with sticker, JL Metal pin, JL Flag, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

ZSJL_OC_new_5000x.jpgzsJL_overall_FS_5000x.jpg.jpegzsJL_overall_LS_5000x.jpg.jpegzsJL_overall_DLS_5000x.jpg.jpegZSJL_overall_human_5000x.jpg.jpegZSJL_overall_amazonian_v2_5000x.jpgZSJL_overall_atlantean_5000x.jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
@willbar84 I don't buy it, sorry. And I don't know any of those names, but I still don't buy it.

I barely know who Znyder is :oohyeah:

WB will be a better place without them and hope Kilar fires their :mooning: over this. Emmerich is the chairman of WB and Hamada is DC Films President. :LOL: Znyder atleast your doing better than Momoa who calls him Synder :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
I initially thought the square looking trailer was just an enhancement/cropping so it could be viewed on various social platforms. Turns out the actual movie has been shot and will be displayed in this format - how do people feel about black bars down the left and right of the screen?...

Yeah can't say I'm a big fan of that aspect ratio tbh, but I knew it was coming from pretty much all the teaser shots and studio updates he's provided. Honestly I'd prefer to not miss all the screen information by having capped shots though, so it'd be my preference over a 1.85.1 cap for sure.

In terms of screen realestate I don't think it's any different to 2.35.1, the bars both contain approx 50 lines of information, just orientated vertically instead of horizontally, which will take some getting used to.

Reactions: Punker76
I initially thought the square looking trailer was just an enhancement/cropping so it could be viewed on various social platforms. Turns out the actual movie has been shot and will be displayed in this format - how do people feel about black bars down the left and right of the screen?...

I made the same assumption so kinda forgave it, but watching the trailer as a square was bad enough... not sure I can put up with it for 4 hours!? :wtf:

Reactions: Punker76 and DMD4k
Not a fan of that aspect ratio (for this type of film) and it is disappointing but I’ll be used to after 4 hours lol

Still won’t stop me watching it day 1

Reactions: Punker76 and DMD4k
Netflix also chuck Netflix original on stuff that’s nothing to do with them when originally made. This will be no different with Max Original

Reactions: DMD4k
There is a reason why I don't have 4:3 TVs any longer. I'm still looking forward to watching, but if true, this is going to be haunting me for the whole 4h. It's going to be hard to not focus on the black vertical lines.
@willbar84 don't you dare defend that crap. You don't have a 4:3 TV either.

nah but I do have a 77” Sony OLED ;) which is going to look glorious in 4K HDR vertical bars and all as you are getting the full picture unlike widescreen which is cropped. Also there is less real estate of black bars in a 4:3 ratio when compared to a 2.39:1 ratio so it’s a win win :oohyeah:

Reactions: gAnX
nah but I do have a 77” Sony OLED ;) which is going to look glorious in 4K HDR vertical bars and all as you are getting the full picture unlike widescreen which is cropped. Also there is less real estate of black bars in a 4:3 ratio when compared to a 2.39:1 ratio so it’s a win win :oohyeah:
There is a reason the industry went to widescreen. Don't try to sell me on 4:3. No amount of OLED can fix that.

I don't think the actual screen real-estate is going to be much different here vs standard scope presentations tbh. We are of course getting a much fuller shot within this framing, as there's no capping implemented, which I'm all for.
This will be presented in 1.33.1 vs 2.35.1 (or 2.39.1) typical scope. With 1.85.1 (or 1.78.1) acting as a "full" widescreen both of these extremes would offer roughly the same breadth of frame occupied by blank space or "black bars".
The only difference being one is the less conventionally used vertical framing and the other is the much more widely recognised horizontal framing.

Last edited:
Reactions: willbar84
I don't think the actual screen realestate is going to be much different here vs standard scope presentations tbh. We are of course getting a much fuller shot within this framing, as there's no capping implemented, which I'm all for.

This will be presented in 1.37.1 vs 2.35.1 (typical) scope. With 1.85.1 acting as a "full" widescreen both 1.37.1 and 2.35.1 would offer roughly the same breadth of frame occupied by blank space or "black bars". The only difference being one is the less conventionally vertical and the other is the widely recognised horizontal.

for sure there’s not much in it but yes more is more and less is less with 4:3 >>>> for shots like these

DEE0801F-403A-4A03-9735-D308822D4D3D.jpeg

518,400 black pixels vs 541,440 black pixels

Reactions: samdavies