Zack Snyder's Justice League (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 39) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 28 April 29 (TBC) (Box Set and Individual Editions) - April 29 May 27, 2022 (TBC) (Motherboxes) READ THIS
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Motherbox HU - Motherbox AM - Motherbox AT (Pre-order January 28, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) Check your local time HERE
Price: $184.97 (Box Set) - $56.99 (Full Slip) - $57.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti) - $139.99 (Motherboxes)
Group buy: Hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Motherbox HU - Motherbox AM - Motherbox AT

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 500 Sets, Numbered 1-500. Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Full Slip: 850 copies, Numbered 1-850. Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Lenti: 850 copies, Numbered 1-850. 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Double Lenti: 800 copies, Numbered 1-800. 3D+Flip Lenticular x 2, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing.
Motherboxes: Resin box with removable lid & made by high-end figure manufacturer.
HU: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Steelbook Stand: Resin stand with velvet interior. Rubber patches on the bottom of stand for stability. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with sticker, JL Metal pin, JL Flag, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
AM: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Metal Pin: Worn metal pins with each JL member's symbol with Darkseid's symbol. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with metallic sticker, JL Metal pins, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
AT: 500 copies, Numbered 1-500. Metal Pin: Worn metal pin with each JL logo. Flag: Fabric flag with JL logo heat transfer printed Approx 44cm x 56cm in size. Premiums: Zack Synder's Tin case with sticker, JL Metal pin, JL Flag, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

ZSJL_OC_new_5000x.jpgzsJL_overall_FS_5000x.jpg.jpegzsJL_overall_LS_5000x.jpg.jpegzsJL_overall_DLS_5000x.jpg.jpegZSJL_overall_human_5000x.jpg.jpegZSJL_overall_amazonian_v2_5000x.jpgZSJL_overall_atlantean_5000x.jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
Felt like a bit unusual ratio for this kind of film, but I understand why he wants to do it that way. He is even remaking BvS in that format.

It will take a bit more getting used to, but I had no problem with it in The Lighthouse (and also few other films) so I guess no issue here (for me at least).

Wow hope these “arm chair experts” are stretching before their reach :rofl: Zack always had intentions for his JL to be watched as intended on an IMAX screen with a format of 1.43:1 back in 2017 so that is why it was shot with full frame of 4:3 AR in mind for final presentation so there’s a fluid transition between the two aspect ratios for theatrical release and home release. The reason behind this is he loved the results when he first trialled in it in BvS with the Intro and Knightmare scenes which is getting re-released on 4K Blu next month with the 4:3 AR scenes intact. Zack is a Visual Storyteller where style is substance with everything having a purpose in the story he is telling, so the answer is quite simple as why he chose to present ZSJL in a 4:3 AR format. He has confirmed he wanted this film to feel like a comic book coming to life where by using the advantages of the height of 4:3 for the image composition (which is like an additional of up to 40% of imagery that would otherwise be cropped) to make it feel more like a comic book panel as they don’t show action left to right but top to bottom so come the end of the day, which Zack has said on numerous occasions ZSJL has no compromises and this is his full 100% vision as intended.

Last edited:
That wouldn't look bad on a steel, with better title placement and font anyway. Better than the simular overly photo-shopped mess of a poster for the theatrical that was on the front of the hdz steel and rear of ML DL.

batman looks so strange on this poster
Can you honestly find a JL poster where batman doesn't look strange? Or any of the team for that matter. That's why I had such a hard time buying an edition that worked for me. The posters on the ML steel are about the only decent one imo.

Can you honestly find a JL poster where batman doesn't look strange? Or any of the team for that matter. That's why I had such a hard time buying an edition that worked for me. The posters on the ML steel are about the only decent one imo.
the artwork manta lab used for the steelbook