E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.75 star(s) Rating: 4.75/5 8 Votes
Title: Zack Snyder's Justice League

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Henry Cavill, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, Jason Momoa

Release: 2021-12-31

Plot: The official directors cut of Justice League (2017).

Justice League Snyder Cut Darkseid Actor Revealed

Darkseid Is...going to be in Zack Snyder's Justice League. Though it was previously revealed the classic DC Comics baddie would be appearing in the fabled "Snyder Cut" of the film due out sometime next year, we now know who's playing the character. Ray Porter, a veteran actor who had previously shot sequences for the film, will be filling the role in the final cut. The actor confirmed the news in a post on his Twitter feed over the weekend.

"That said, and because I've been given permission...Hi, I'm Ray," the actor tweeted. "I played Darkseid in Zack Snyder's "Justice League." There. It's out now."

Though the Fourth World villain has always been a part of Snyder's take on project, the character was removed entirely from the theatrical release. Instead, Darkseid's lieutenant Steppenwolf served as the movie's big bad with only traces of Darkseid to be found. In fact, it's Darkseid that initially killed Lois Lane (Amy Adams) in Snyder's original DCEU plans, setting up the Knightmare sequence we saw during Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

"The truth is that the 'Knightmare Sequence' in this movie, it was my idea that all of that would eventually be explained - is that a surprise? And that we would end up in the distant future where Darkseid has taken over Earth, and where Superman has succumbed to the Anti-Life [Equation]," Snyder said about the tease last year. "And there were a few members of the Justice League that survived to that world, and that they were fighting, Batman and a broken half of Cyborg - there's only half of him because of whatever happened - they were working on an equation to jump back to tell Bruce... those were the things that we were dealing with. And the studio, they were still sort of into the big look, but the deep depth about how and why everyone was mad at each other..."

In the sequence, Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) travels back in time to warn Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) to do whatever in his power to save Lane. With Lane dead, Superman (Henry Cavill) breaks bad and serves as an agent for Darkseid.

"Because Lois - and it's in the Justice League teaser; it wasn't in the movie apparently... it's this line where Bruce says, 'I was right here, and Barry Allen came to me and he said 'Lois Lane is the key,'" the filmmaker added. "And then [Wonder Woman] goes, 'She is to Superman; every heart has one.' And he goes, 'I think it's something more, something darker.' And what it means is that the thing that was darker was all about if Lois died, Superman would succumb to the Anti-Life, right? And Superman knew that somehow it was Bruce's responsibility to protect Lois, he would've been mad at him in this movie, and that's why he says, 'She was my world, and you took her from me."

via Comicbook.com

This is a great example of how pathetic ‘n’ careless the Josstice League reshoots / VFX are because you know brighter is better :yuck: changed from night to day but someone forgot to turn off all the city lights :rofl: It’s like they went out of their way to purposely destroy Zack’s vision.

Zack Snyder’s Justice League

D10904EB-E462-4620-81E4-9D22B4896D9D.jpeg

Josstice League

F2FF6BBB-D8E4-4E73-AAE0-8DA280338D5F.jpeg

Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Take this with a grain of salt:

AT&T and WarnerMedia Want Ben Affleck Back As Batman

What a whirlwind of news for DC, WB, and HBO Max this week. What if we said they’re not done yet?

Sources close to TCN have informed us that AT&T and WarnerMedia want Ben Affleck to return as Batman, and also to resume work to adapt his original script for “The Batman” that originally featured Batman Vs Deathstroke. No word yet on if the project is for theatrical release or for HBO Max.

Yes, you read that right. The return of ‘Batfleck’ may be upon us.

Now with Matt Reeves’ The Batman in production, this doesn’t mean they are stopping one and moving forward with another. This is DC, where the multiverse is very prevalent. From the comics, the animated series/movies, the CW, and the live-action movies, there have been many interpretations of the Caped Crusader. We can have two Batman’s at the same time. That may open the doors to many new and exciting possibilities.

With Zack Snyder’s Justice League coming in 2021, the question many have is “What comes next?”; Ben has been seen in incredibly good shape over the past month or so and with AT&T and WarnerMedia wanting Ben back in the fold, this could mean there is life for Affleck’s Batman after Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

There is no word if this project will be for theatrical release or for HBO Max. It is still unsure if an offer has been made or if Ben has been directly contacted for the project, but AT&T is pleased with the press that Zack Snyder’s Justice League and is looking into revisiting the ‘Snyderverse’.

via TCN

I wonder if Ben Affleck wants to do it to be honest. Back then he wasn't in the right mind space in his personal life and thought he couldn't crack the code on his batman script. He does seem in a better place right now and he is fully for the snyder cut movement, but enough to return to the role? I'm not so sure about that. I think it'd also undermines Reeve's batman and I don't think WB wants to risk it.

I think I'd put more stock in the rumors that Henry Cavill is returning in a superman sequel. Some major scoopers are reporting it and his agent is very actively promoting the snyder cut. Possibly as soon as this week we might hear some news! :D

Take this with a grain of salt:

AT&T and WarnerMedia Want Ben Affleck Back As Batman

What a whirlwind of news for DC, WB, and HBO Max this week. What if we said they’re not done yet?

Sources close to TCN have informed us that AT&T and WarnerMedia want Ben Affleck to return as Batman, and also to resume work to adapt his original script for “The Batman” that originally featured Batman Vs Deathstroke. No word yet on if the project is for theatrical release or for HBO Max.

Yes, you read that right. The return of ‘Batfleck’ may be upon us.

Now with Matt Reeves’ The Batman in production, this doesn’t mean they are stopping one and moving forward with another. This is DC, where the multiverse is very prevalent. From the comics, the animated series/movies, the CW, and the live-action movies, there have been many interpretations of the Caped Crusader. We can have two Batman’s at the same time. That may open the doors to many new and exciting possibilities.

With Zack Snyder’s Justice League coming in 2021, the question many have is “What comes next?”; Ben has been seen in incredibly good shape over the past month or so and with AT&T and WarnerMedia wanting Ben back in the fold, this could mean there is life for Affleck’s Batman after Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

There is no word if this project will be for theatrical release or for HBO Max. It is still unsure if an offer has been made or if Ben has been directly contacted for the project, but AT&T is pleased with the press that Zack Snyder’s Justice League and is looking into revisiting the ‘Snyderverse’.

via TCN

DA142D28-5BC7-48F1-A61F-66B524F90868.jpeg

D249B9AD-AD7E-4310-8FD3-A504F31473B5.jpeg

Deathstroke in the house, unseen footage below :cigar:

@willbar84

An older post of mine on FB last year.

This sums it up perfectly:

“He never quite got a chance to prove all the naysayers wrong – nor did he ever get a full movie to show off what he could do – but he will be remembered in the eyes of many as one of the best actors ever to play the role.”

I personally think he was the best Batman to date.

I wonder if Ben Affleck wants to do it to be honest. Back then he wasn't in the right mind space in his personal life and thought he couldn't crack the code on his batman script. He does seem in a better place right now and he is fully for the snyder cut movement, but enough to return to the role? I'm not so sure about that. I think it'd also undermines Reeve's batman and I don't think WB wants to risk it.

I think I'd put more stock in the rumors that Henry Cavill is returning in a superman sequel. Some major scoopers are reporting it and his agent is very actively promoting the snyder cut. Possibly as soon as this week we might hear some news! :D

Welcome to the DC Multiverse :cigar: thanks Barry :thumbs:

C92E7C2F-6FF7-4C0C-86DB-80E2BC6FE738.jpeg

Once this happened all was set into motion and now everything is canon!

Pattinson and Affleck as Batman
Joaquin and Jared as Joker
Ezra and Grant as Flash
Cavill and Hoechlin as Superman

yes Batfleck was done with capesh!t but he was a different man back than who had lost his way but now look how happy, fit and healthy he is with Ana de Armas :drool: If anyone can convince him it will be Zack and Ana.

7C93D49A-B86A-4A72-B37B-679CD47E6AD3.jpeg

Last edited:
@willbar84

An older post of mine on FB last year.

This sums it up perfectly:

“He never quite got a chance to prove all the naysayers wrong – nor did he ever get a full movie to show off what he could do – but he will be remembered in the eyes of many as one of the best actors ever to play the role.”

I personally think he was the best Batman to date.

Oh for sure, I will scream from the rooftops if I have to as for me personally aswell Batfleck is the GOAT Live Action Batman only one tier behind Kevin Conroy he’s quintessential. BvS : UE remains to this day my absolute fav CBM of all time and I fully believe Ben showed us how perfect he is for the role of Bruce Wayne and Batman.

nice :thumbs: which tactical batsuit version is that? I’ve only started to dip my toes into this side of pop culture merch. Cool from what I’ve seen Legendary displays are pretty sweet and versatile.

Feel free to PM any time you got a question about HT.

Both figures are from Hot Toys Justice League line. I did a mix and match there as the parademon gun and base come with the Deluxe figure (the one in the front). The Tactical Suit (got the exclusive which came with the Human Mother Box), has a different base (under spoiler). Got the Armored Batman as well from BvS.

batman-tactical-batsuit-version_dc-comics_gallery_5c61b4b84b4d0.jpg

Yeah LD have just launched the site and taking pre-orders with an estimated delivery of 3 months. For those who collect Hot Toys, Blufans and/or FAC (cough @DMD4k :p ), the timeframe is a walk in the park.

• Haha
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: DMD4k and willbar84

I wanted to see more Katana. Hopefully we're going to get the Ayer cut to accompany the Snyder cut.

Amazing how butchered the DCEU was, by people that though they knew better. Sheesh. At least we get to see at least one of them corrected. Hopefully opening the doors that would be great to see what Ayer had originally for us too. One can hope.

Welcome to the DC Multiverse :cigar: thanks Barry :thumbs:

Once this happened all was set into motion and now everything is canon!

Pattinson and Affleck as Batman
Joaquin and Jared as Joker
Ezra and Grant as Flash
Cavill and Hoechlin as Superman

yes Batfleck was done with capesh!t but he was a different man back than who had lost his way but now look how happy, fit and healthy he is with Ana de Armas :drool: If anyone can convince him it will be Zack and Ana.

True everything is possible these days. I guess it's good to keep HOPE alive. :LOL:

• Friendly
Reactions: willbar84