E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
4.75 star(s) Rating: 4.75/5 8 Votes
Title: Zack Snyder's Justice League

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Henry Cavill, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, Jason Momoa

Release: 2021-12-31

Plot: The official directors cut of Justice League (2017).

And that Ray Fisher may be a nail in the coffin by bad mouthing Hollywood even if it's true that may get you blacklisted from new gigs. Take a leaf out of Zack Snyder's book and just play nice, move to your next role and find people you want to work with...

However, thank god we're seeing the back of Geoff Johns though, he's responsible for alot of DCEU damage and tinkering... he's a right wan***. No, not a James Wan supporter either, our Geoff.

Why am I not surprised Joss is a fkn misogynist pig who also cheated on his wife and gave her some messed up PTSD

D68CAEA8-C962-4FE5-A7FB-6FE9BD8B942B.jpeg57579464-2F50-475B-A45F-1DF902E278B9.jpeg

Good on ya Ray I back ya 110% you were the heart and core of JL and Joss took all that away from you in a break out role that Zack fully supported with your portrayal as Cyborg. Can’t wait to see your performance in Zack Snyder’s Justice League as I know you will own it from all the sweet footage Zack has teased in the last year or so.

From the rumor mill

Ben Affleck Signs Batman Contract For HBO Max

Ben Affleck is again said to be back as Batman and attached to HBO Max, the recently launched streaming service from AT&T and WarnerMedia.

Back in May saw the rumor first surface from 4Chan about Ben Affleck back as Batman, and now the Lightcast and Cultured Nerd YouTube channels claim the same.

The new info claims that Ben Affleck has already signed a new contract to return as Batman and that Affleck will be involved in additional appearances related to HBO Max and Zack Snyder Justice League movies.

"Ben has indeed signed a new contract and he is coming back," says Taylor Murphy of The Cultured Nerd. "The official announcement is expected to happen either at DC FanDome or during JusticeCon. One of the two, we're going to get that announcement but it's going to happen before September. We're going to get the official announcement and we are going to get the Snyderverse Batman is going to be returning."

Murphy goes on to shoot down the notion that Michael Keaton was brought in to replace Ben Affleck as Batman, as well as Robert Pattinson being a replacement, as what is being created is a DC Multiverse.

"They are bringing everybody back," says Murphy. "This is planned... This is a design because of Zack. This is a plan that they're moving forward with. I mean, I keep saying it is a great time to be a DC fan."

Murphy also brings up a good point in that the artwork released with the DC FanDome virtual convention looks like the DC Multiverse:

dc-fandome-map.jpg

WHY BEN AFFLECK AGREED TO RETURN AS BATMAN:

Regarding why Ben Affleck agreed to return as Batman, it's said because Affleck will once again be in control of his Batman.

Interestingly enough, Geoff Johns has been blamed as the reason why Ben Affleck left the Batman role, as Johns is said to have caused interference with Affleck's decisions involving the script. In addition, Zack Snyder brought Affleck on board as his choice for the DCEU Dark Knight, and since Snyder left Justice League, Affleck decided it wasn't worth all the headaches to remain as Batman (Johns is also blamed for screwing over Snyder and problems with Justice League).

Now that Zack Snyder is back and the Snyder Cut is getting released, Ben Affleck has agreed to return as Batman, also on HBO Max.

Murphy says Affleck agreed to return as Batman on HBO Max because he didn't want to take anything away from the new Robert Pattinson Batman who is starring in the upcoming Matt Reeves movie.

"I think a lot of people misconstrued why he left in the first place," explains Murphy. "A lot of people will say, 'Oh, Ben left because he almost killed himself in the role...' They take it further than it really was. Essentially, Ben took the role because of Zack. Zack convinced him, he sold him on the pitch, he loved the idea, and he built that loyalty to Zack. When Zack left, Ben still stayed behind. He said, 'I can make this work. I'll do this. I'm still producing this. I'm going to make it happen.' But 'it' started happening to him, too. He started losing his control -- what he wanted to do with the role, he started losing it, and then he lost his interest in it. Eventually, his own health concerns came up and he realized if he kept going down this path, he wouldn't get what he wanted, he wouldn't get to do the role he signed up for, and it was just compromise after compromise."

ZACK SNYDER BACK IN FULL FORCE

Murphy continues by noting that with Zack Snyder back in "full force," that Ben Affleck decided to sign back on as Batman.

"He didn't want to compromise so he backed out but then the magic happened. Zack came back, came back in full force," says Murphy. "All the people that caused the issues, to begin with, are gone. Zack is back. He's making his movie. They pretty much gave him a blank check to finish Zack Snyder's Justice League... So giving that level of trust back to Zack Snyder was a huge moment for Ben, and having the idea that Zack is back on control of his project, and the idea that he can then move forward with the project that Zack wanted to make, the Batman movie he wanted to make and have Zack in his corner, that was enough to sell him of the return."

via Cosmic Book News

Zack Snyder Hints At Jonathan Kent's Return In His Justice League Cut

Zack Snyder is teasing fans with the return of Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner) in his upcoming "Snyder Cut" of Justice League, which will be released on HBO Max in 2021. This isn't the first time that Kevin Costner's "Pa Kent" has appeared in Snyder's DC movie arc, following his death in Man of Steel: Costner was featured in a scene of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, where he appears as a figment of Clark Kent/Superman's (Henry Cavill) mind. No telling how he would fit into Zack Snyder's Justice League storyline, but it's a least nice to know that Costner will (likely) be showing up.

Snyder.jpg

It goes without saying that Kevin Costner's version of Jonathan Kent is still one of the most divisive elements of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel. In Snyder's vision, Jonathan Kent actually acted as a more somber counter-point to Kal-El/Clark Kent's heroic inclinations. In two now-infamous scenes of Man of Steel, Jonathan cautions an adolescent Clark Kent that he may not be able to save everyone that he wants to, and needs to question whether he should. The final scene of Pa Kent sees him stop Clark from saving him from an oncoming tornado, in order to keep his Superman powers secret from the onlooking crowd.

Both interpretations of Jonathan Kent offended some Superman fans, who feel the Kal-El's earthly father is supposed to be the bastion of his All-American values and heroic nature. However, there's always been an indication that Zack Snyder's DC movies saga (running through Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, and several Justice League films) was building a thematic long game. Snyder started with complicated and morally-murky Superman themes in a post-9/11 world, but it was always teased that through Justice League we would see Henry Cavill's Superman literally and figuratively get second life as a much brighter symbol of hope. Having Jonathan Kent be part of that transformative process would not only bring completion to a big piece of Snyder's Superman story arc - it would also vindicate a lot of fans who stuck up for the challenging ideas Snyder put forth in Man of Steel.

Granted, the relationship between Jonathan and Clark in Snyder's Superman reboot are dark moments; Zack Snyder's Justice League has the opportunity to show us the other side of Jonathan Kent, who instilled Clark with the sense of humility, nobility, and fairness, which creates the Superman we know and love. The Superman that Henry Cavill can then carry forward into his next DC movie appearances.

via comicbook

So fkn pumped for this but geez it’s going to be a rough old night staying awake during the night (3am) into mid morning (10:30am) for these DC Panels but will be so totally worth it!!! Going to have to get a game plan together as I don’t want to set an alarm for 2:45am for go time at 3am (Australian time) in case I sleep through it and miss most of the main events. DC are killing it in 2020 plus well into the distant future from what we’ve seen so far along with all the announcements there hasn’t been a greater time to be a DC fan than there is now as we have reached and peaked over hype levels of 2016 which was a great time to be alive as well. DC for Life :joy: :drool: :cigar:

Reactions: CollectorEmtee