Apr 12, 2009
USA
Live May 20,2015 8 am UK time
More details TBA
Dredd Steelbook/Zbox bundle here
Standalone Zbox link: ???
Zbox includes Zavvi-exclusive items
dreddzbox.jpg

The future America is an irradiated waste land. On its East Coast, running from Boston to Washington DC, lies Mega City One--a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets. The only force of order lies with the urban cops called “Judges” who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner. Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Karl Urban, The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge--a dangerous drug epidemic that has users of “Slo-Mo” experiencing reality at a fraction of its normal speed.

During a routine day on the job, Dredd is assigned to train and evaluate Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby, Juno), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities thanks to a genetic mutation. A heinous crime calls them to a neighbourhood where fellow Judges rarely dare to venture--a 200 story vertical slum controlled by prostitute turned drug lord Ma-Ma (Lena Headey, Game of Thrones, 300) and her ruthless clan. When they capture one of the clan’s inner circle, Ma-Ma overtakes the compound’s control centre and wages a dirty, vicious war against the Judges that proves she will stop at nothing to protect her empire. With the body count climbing and no way out, Dredd and Anderson must confront the odds and engage in the relentless battle for their survival.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asopp
Zavvi have given us a little teaser (full info here) for their next ZBOX...

1.jpg
2.jpg

That’s right! in this month’s Cops ZBOX will be a ZBOX exclusive replica of Judge Dredd’s badge (with an RRP of £30!) used in the 2012 ‘Dredd’ movie. Created in Cast Metal with a plated antique gold finish, the badge is approximately 8cm wide by 10.5 cm tall and comes with its own display stand and a velvet storage pouch. It is made by Planet Replicas, who currently hold the license for Judge Dredd.

Reactions: D4vem88
When do these things usually ship? Start of the month? End? Middle? Or just randomly when the zavvi warehouse can be bothered. All seems a bit vague to just ship it 'whenever' it would be nice to know when it's gonna be posted so I know when to expect the payment to be taken...

When do these things usually ship? Start of the month? End? Middle? Or just randomly when the zavvi warehouse can be bothered. All seems a bit vague to just ship it 'whenever' it would be nice to know when it's gonna be posted so I know when to expect the payment to be taken...

Animation - April - shipped 27th April (came out my account 28th April)
Marvel - May - shipped 21st May (came out my account 22nd May)

Those payments might have been pending the day or so before. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Bobthesub
Animation - April - shipped 27th April (came out my account 28th April)
Marvel - May - shipped 21st May (came out my account 22nd May)

Those payments might have been pending the day or so before. Hope that helps.

Cheers, sometime towards the end of the month then, that's close enough for me...

just before the card that I used to preorder it runs out so hopefully the transaction goes through ok, I've just realised I have a few preorders in my zavvi account that are now on my old card with no way that I can see of changing the payment method on zavvis pages, looks like I'll have the joy if dealing with zavvis infamous customer service when the payments fail to go through lol

Cheers, sometime towards the end of the month then, that's close enough for me...

just before the card that I used to preorder it runs out so hopefully the transaction goes through ok, I've just realised I have a few preorders in my zavvi account that are now on my old card with no way that I can see of changing the payment method on zavvis pages, looks like I'll have the joy if dealing with zavvis infamous customer service when the payments fail to go through lol

Always a cluster**** when dealing with zavvi and their ancient commerce infrastructure. I've had a measure of success with queries by hitting zavvi up on twitter - gets you a real person rather than some automaton who sends the same scripted response to any email inquiries.

Reactions: Bobthesub
Heres what mine contained!
uploadfromtaptalk1435321339253.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435321351267.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435321359704.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435321367307.jpg

Heavy metal replica badge with stand!

uploadfromtaptalk1435321380838.jpg

Comic

uploadfromtaptalk1435321416981.jpg

Magazine

uploadfromtaptalk1435321433059.jpg

Lego

uploadfromtaptalk1435321453095.jpg

Sweet

uploadfromtaptalk1435321463319.jpg

Miniature loud speaker

uploadfromtaptalk1435321499153.jpg

Keyring!

I really love the Dredd badge its really cool and really heavy and its actually metal which is cool and the other stuff is ok! I wish it had a pop vinyl figure as well though :(

But overall pretty pleased :)

View attachment 170462
View attachment 170463
View attachment 170464
View attachment 170466
Heavy metal replica badge with stand!

View attachment 170467
Comic

View attachment 170470
Magazine

View attachment 170471
Lego

View attachment 170472
Sweet

View attachment 170473
Miniature loud speaker

View attachment 170474
Keyring!

I really love the Dredd badge its really cool and really heavy and its actually metal which is cool and the other stuff is ok! I wish it had a pop vinyl figure as well though :(

But overall pretty pleased :)
Oh almost forgot the crappy T-Shirt that came with it!

uploadfromtaptalk1435321738453.jpg

Yes its just a black t-shirt with nothing but the little emblem. Nothing on the back either :(

Reactions: Sigill
So this month's Zbox has arrived and it's.......superb.

I don't mind the tat in boxes if they hit 2 of my 3 geek spots (T-shirt, collectible, comic). This has all 3.

The aforementioned Dredd badge is the collectible, obviously. And it's as nice as the pictures show, solid and very displayable.

We got:

Dredd Metal Badge
Lego City Cop
A heavy-quality, nicely low-key 1984 themed T-shirt (which I love).
Dredd Underbelly Comic (this is the comic sequel to the Dredd movie, so very apt)
Robocop key-ring
Novelty megaphone
Whistle candy sweetie thing
Usual Z-box pamphlet/magazine thing

01cf6b09076ee740f15d467f09e41660.jpg

Best box they've done imo.

Attachments

• 2015-06-26 13.00.24.jpg
    2015-06-26 13.00.24.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
Reactions: Sigill