Zavvi Zavvi's Secret Soundtrack - Discussion Thread [Record of the Month Subscription]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
See here for more info. :thumbs:

Each month’s Soundtrack will be:
A worldwide Exclusive
Pressed on colour Vinyl
Limied to 500
Never before on vinyl; a genuine first press!

For a limited time only, get £5 off your first vinyl when you use the code: SECRET

STRICTLY LIMITED TO 500 COPIES

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I am glad I didn't subscribe. None of the soundtracks so far have interested me.
Same here. The ones they've released so far have looked really nice, but yeah... the soundtracks just haven't been for me. I personally think £24 is too much for such a gamble as well... I don't even like paying that much for records I actually want. Not sure how much these would fetch on the market if you decided you didn't want them though... I guess there's a chance you could make a small profit if they really are limited to 500 worldwide.

Did anyone get last months? Here's what it was for those that are interested...

Thanks for posting, Noodles. I was wondering what it was.
When I heard about this, at first I was really keen, but I'm glad I thought twice about it. The LPs themselves are lovely, but I've no desire to listen to them and I think that I'd only be subscribing in the hopes that there would be a release that I really wanted. It makes more sense to me to pick that up on eBay if it ever happens, rather than throw £25 a month at this in the hopes that I get lucky.

Reactions: Noodles
btw "The Town" is the 3rd release, clear with the red splatter

R-7998826-1453210909-6892.png.jpg
Very cool! Love that film... can't remember the soundtrack though lol. I'm tempted to get it now, especially with the current offer that's on.

EDIT - Just listened to it on Spotify and have now stuck in an order. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: oceanicon
I sent Zavvi an email to cancel the auto-renewal on my subscription and got this response...
I can confirm that as you have been allocated a February box, we would be unable to cancel at this time. Once this has arrived, please be in contact so we can arrange a return for you.

My order for January has been dispatched, I tried cancelling the subscription immediately AFTER that. We're still in January, so why would I have been allocated a "February box" already, and why are they unable to cancel it? They don't even send the items out until the end of each month! :confused:

I sent Zavvi an email to cancel the auto-renewal on my subscription and got this response...

My order for January has been dispatched, I tried cancelling the subscription immediately AFTER that. We're still in January, so why would I have been allocated a "February box" already, and why are they unable to cancel it? They don't even send the items out until the end of each month! :confused:

That's Zavvi for you...

I just wish they would sell them on their own, even they charged a lil bit more for them or something. I see they sell the past ones but it's "random" so you don't know which you will get.

I am hoping if they release anything I really want that somewhere else does a different version or something...I really don't want to have to deal with Zavvi and their bizarre practices

That's Zavvi for you...

I just wish they would sell them on their own, even they charged a lil bit more for them or something. I see they sell the past ones but it's "random" so you don't know which you will get.

I am hoping if they release anything I really want that somewhere else does a different version or something...I really don't want to have to deal with Zavvi and their bizarre practices
Yep, the way they've set it up is very unprofessional... it's like they've purposely done it to trap/trick the customer, which doesn't surprise me really, since it is Zavvi we're talking about. At least they've reconvinced me to never subscribe to anything of theirs ever again! I'll just try my luck on eBay from now on. :thumbs:

Finally got them to cancel my subscription, because they eventually realised they'd made a rather embarrassing mistake... not that they admitted it (they just apologised and said it was now cancelled lol). I wondered why they kept referring to the February release as a "box", and despite me selecting the Secret Soundtrack as the item I wanted to cancel and even using the words "Secret Soundtrack" multiple times in my messages, it turns out they thought my subscription was for the Zbox. o_O :facepalm:

I got the response:
"I can confirm that in order to cancel this subscription you would need to log into your account and go to view your subscriptions. Here you will find a button to cancel the subscription."

Absolute bollocks.

I got the response:
"I can confirm that in order to cancel this subscription you would need to log into your account and go to view your subscriptions. Here you will find a button to cancel the subscription."

Absolute bollocks.
There was no subscription cancellation button for me either... I had to contact them directly. They certainly don't like making things easy for anyone, themselves included... I get the impression the guy I was speaking to wasn't even aware that the Secret Soundtrack subscription existed, hence the confusion.

I was happy I found one could buy the albums seperatly untill I then read the part that wouldn´t be able to choose and that it would be an russian roulete wich one I would get

Me nerd, Me angry

Just wondering what anyone else is thinking of the last few vinyl selections? Not very impressed with this months to be honest, and i can't say i'd ever have spent this kind of money on the vinyls released so far had i known what they would be.

Just wondering what anyone else is thinking of the last few vinyl selections? Not very impressed with this months to be honest, and i can't say i'd ever have spent this kind of money on the vinyls released so far had i known what they would be.
Welcome to HDN! :)

Their selection hasn't been great, but it's not been terrible either IMO. The main issue is that they're overcharging... I very rarely even pay £25+ for vinyl I actually want, so £25 for these is £10 too much if you ask me. I'm glad I didn't pay for a full subscription anyway... I just wait until they go on offer, like with their recent two for one deal.

Here's this months for anyone interested...

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666