Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.4) [Korea]

What would you buy?

• 1. PET Full slip box with Steelbook

Votes: 87 35.5%
  • 2. Paper Full slip box with Steelbook

Votes: 56 22.9%
  • 3. Lenticular-PET 1/4 slip with Steelbook

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • 4. Paper Full slip box with Keepcase(Amaray)

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • 5. All 3 steelbook (Triple pack)

Votes: 55 22.4%
  • 6. All 3 steelbooks and 1 Amaray (Quad pack)

Votes: 53 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : April 28, 2015
Pre-order date: 19th of March, 2015
Price: See below
Notes: Gloss finish, inside artwork
Purchase links:

PET Full slip version $36.99 SOLD OUT
Paper Full slip version $36.50 SOLD OUT
Lenticular PET 1/4 slip version $35.70 SOLD OUT
Triple Pack $105 SOLD OUT
Quadruple Pack $136 SOLD OUT

Group buy: Masterblaster & apsmith21 (Anyone with THEIR OWN USA SHIPPING address may join)

ZDT_PET.jpg ZDT.jpg 14_SLIP_Front_5ad4e250-5c72-4d04-9fe3-b0e24f24839e.jpgZDT_SteelBook_Sample_9b43d79c-e01e-4c38-b1a5-7912d0f2fe15.jpg

11002706_652766588201160_2663997173328303815_o.jpg

11046842_652766624867823_5558799409461072916_o.jpg

906081_652768131534339_3841898098217042512_o.jpg

*** Rendered shot of Lenticular PET 1/4 slip
10986827_640036769474142_578801873961992022_n-1.png 10985269_640036772807475_3242625471074660206_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't get why Asian retailers get so much praise. If this was a German/UK/USA release, people would be moaning about yet another re-release. Instead collectors will be throwing money at Plain Archive because they'll add a few cheap extras (most likely a slip, some art cards and a sticker). I just don't understand it.

If PA do to this what they did with The Wrestler, then maybe I will be tempted. :hilarious: Even though I have the US steel.

Damn you Plain Archive.....:naughty: :p

:hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut and harry
If PA do to this what they did with The Wrestler, then maybe I will be tempted. :hilarious: Even though I have the US steel.

Damn you Plain Archive.....:naughty: :p

:hilarious:

I do not have the :USA: steelbook version ( Region A :( ) but from the pictures that i see its looks great.

Anyway i am very excited that PA is releasing these great movie and i can not wait to see the 1/4 slip and the Full slip steelbook . :oohyeah:

If they will do it, like The Wrestler, a unique artwork steelbook then its :champ:

Initially I thought it would be hard to top the Best Buy steel with its gloss and embossing, after seeing The Wrestler and how nice the packaging is, it will be no contest, unless the design turns out AWFUL (which I highly doubt).

As far as this one goes, I'll have to see it first. I got the Wrestler from them because I didn't own a steel of that but this one I have the excellent Best Buy exclusive. I think that is good enough unless this completely wow's me.

Reactions: IRON MAN and harry
I really don't get why Asian retailers get so much praise. If this was a German/UK/USA release, people would be moaning about yet another re-release. Instead collectors will be throwing money at Plain Archive because they'll add a few cheap extras (most likely a slip, some art cards and a sticker). I just don't understand it.
Always same people who constantly whine about the same thing (in Asian steelbook-threads mostly).Realize that some things can work for many others but not for you.

Asian retailers (BF,PA,Kimchi,K2DVD,JSDVD,Yesasia...)
- Top quality steelbooks with high quality finish (both matte and glossy) and great artwork.
- Low print runs
- Numbered steelbooks
- Different versions: full slip cover,1/4 slip cover,lenticular cover...
- Stickers,slips,booklets are not "cheap extras" for me (and many others collectors),IMO it's an obvious choice to complement the steelbook,which I find is a very nice touch.
- Many collectors like Asian characters on slips.
- Almost always region free,bonus disc,2D+3D
- Amazing customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Higher quality packaging
- They listen to us collectors
Zavvi: Same old ****, just a different day!

Plain Archive.Great start,keep up the good work!:thumbs:

Always same people who constantly whine about the same thing (in Asian steelbook-threads mostly).Realize that some things can work for many others but not for you.

Asian retailers (BF,PA,Kimchi,K2DVD,JSDVD,Yesasia...)
- Top quality steelbooks with high quality finish (both matte and glossy) and great artwork.
- Low print runs
- Numbered steelbooks
- Stickers,slips,booklets are not "cheap extras" for me (and many others collectors),IMO it's an obvious choice to complement the steelbook,which I find is a very nice touch.

+1 WELL SAID :scat:

Reactions: pacman
Been thinking about picking up the BBY version but am interested to see how this one turns out. And I agree about the asian retailers putting out 'above and beyond' work. My copies of The Hobbit and Skyfall come to mind. :)

Actually you'll probably find one of those people isn't me and no need for the patronising comment at the end. I don't need to realise anything.

Top quality steelbooks with high quality finish (both matte and glossy) and great artwork.
I wouldn't call a lot of manufacturing defects 'high quality'.
- Low print runs
Entertainment Store and Zavvi do those too.
- Numbered steelbooks
Wrong. Numbered slipcovers, totally lame.
A great idea by Asian retailers. Make a very slight change and sell multiple copies of the same Steelbook to the same person. Result! When other retailers do this e.g. Zavvi with Fast and Furious 6, they are criticised for trying to milk collectors.
Definitely cheap extras, I agree they compliment a Steelbook but they are unnecessary and are just used to justify an increase in the price.
I'll give you that one, I like them too.
That applies to a lot of Steelbooks from around the World.
Well very few here actually deal with Blufans directly and you must have missed all the recent complaints about Kimchi.
Refer to previous comment.
I should think so for the prices they are charging.
Not always, Leon springs to mind.
I could say the same thing about Asian retailers.
They haven't done anything yet. :hilarious:

Lame. There already two perfectly good Steelbook for this film, no need for another.

Correct and one of them is the dogs nuts, one of the best steels I've seen to date. Some pix on here recently really showed how good it is and exactly how it should be done. Pure class. No need for another one with some dodgy text I can't read. There just trying to jump on the bandwagon IMO. I find the Asian steels overrated cacca.

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Already have the BB steel but (puts flame proof suit on) I wasn't really that blown away by it EEK! just doesn't feel great quality to me due to the amount of bossing it received making the front really flimsy, I could play a tune with it - almost concave looking when you hold it and look at it horizontally.. pretty weird :hilarious:

Reactions: harry