Zoom - Steelbook Retailer Thread [United Kingdom]

Zoom.png

Delivery to UK only.
Website link: https://www.zoom.co.uk/
Tel: 0800 021 7020 (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm)

Ebay Store link: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/zoomonline

From website: "Zoom.co.uk is a trading name of Universal Pictures (UK) Limited, acting on behalf of the Universal Columbia Alliance, a company registered in England and Wales (Company number 01975478) whose registered office is at 1 Central St. Giles, St. Giles High Street, London, WC2H 8NU"

Reactions: digitalbabe
Well this is a new one...ordered the exclusive lenticular of star trek beyond...what I received is an absolute joke!

They sent me a opened steelbook, without the lenticular or the J-card...

Not impressed at all with Zooms customer service or lack there of. Used the contact form, and emailed them several times and had no response to my problem mentioned above

• Thanks
Reactions: Jace88
Yes, they really do need to improve the customer service.

I sent 4 emails, 2 DM's on twitter and a week and a half later I get a response!

Watch out for Zoom sale items. I ordered 4 including The Untouchables and Smokin Aces. I got a dispatch e-mail on Sunday just gone, my card debited and now I receive an e-mail today to say that Untouchables and Smokin Aces are no longer in stock and they will refund my credit card.... all this after a dispatch e-mail to say they were ALL on their way!!! Not good!

Watch out for Zoom sale items. I ordered 4 including The Untouchables and Smokin Aces. I got a dispatch e-mail on Sunday just gone, my card debited and now I receive an e-mail today to say that Untouchables and Smokin Aces are no longer in stock and they will refund my credit card.... all this after a dispatch e-mail to say they were ALL on their way!!! Not good!
sounds like you might get those two for free tbh lol

That sucks, my smokin aces arrived today no problem

sounds like you might get those two for free tbh lol

No, basically. That order was never sent, even though they said they had posted it! They have now cancelled the whole order and cleared it from their sytsem so it appears that it never was there. They have now created a new order on my account just to show the remaining items as a new order and are about to post it...... the nerve of these companies!

No, basically. That order was never sent, even though they said they had posted it! They have now cancelled the whole order and cleared it from their sytsem so it appears that it never was there. They have now created a new order on my account just to show the remaining items as a new order and are about to post it...... the nerve of these companies!
oh, that sucks :-/ well at least those two steelbooks arent super rare or special anyways, so you should be able to get them cheap eventually..

Are people still managing to get the SIGUP10 code to work? I was told it works if you sign out, add items to your basket, then only log in once prompted, which does seem to work until I actually come to pay and get charged the full amount.

Are people still managing to get the SIGUP10 code to work? I was told it works if you sign out, add items to your basket, then only log in once prompted, which does seem to work until I actually come to pay and get charged the full amount.

It works for me but only if I check out with PayPal.

Add items to basket, add it, then log in - you'll get a message saying you've used it before, but PayPal will keep the discount.

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
It works for me but only if I check out with PayPal.

Add items to basket, add it, then log in - you'll get a message saying you've used it before, but PayPal will keep the discount.
Hmm weird, PayPal is exactly what I used... even tried using my card on a separate order thinking that would make a difference, but nope. Thanks for the reply anyway bud!

Hmm weird, PayPal is exactly what I used... even tried using my card on a separate order thinking that would make a difference, but nope. Thanks for the reply anyway bud!

Oh damn, I'd be gutted if it stops working. Worked last weekend for me, for an order that still hasn't arrived, thinking about it.

A strange thing happened with me and Zoom.

Months ago I saw Pacific Rim Uprising steelbook for £15 on their site. (A great price for a 4K,3D & 2D steelbook which I thought must have been a mistake) I put it in my cart but never checked out.

I then completely forgot about it until last Friday. I was browsing the site and saw that the steelbook was now £29.99. I remembered it was £15 months ago and figured yeah, that must have been a mistake.

I then logged into the site and the item was still in my cart. And yes, the price was still £15 in the cart!! I logged out. Searched for the steelbook on the site and it was £29.99. I logged in again and said I'd try my luck and see if I could purchase it for the £15. I did, and got a despatch email last Mon!!

I couldn't get the code to work though. Said I had already used it and was for first time users......

Signup10 now only works for new orders on new accounts.
That's what my account keeps telling me, yet it still works for other folks apparently.

A strange thing happened with me and Zoom.

Months ago I saw Pacific Rim Uprising steelbook for £15 on their site. (A great price for a 4K,3D & 2D steelbook which I thought must have been a mistake) I put it in my cart but never checked out.

I then completely forgot about it until last Friday. I was browsing the site and saw that the steelbook was now £29.99. I remembered it was £15 months ago and figured yeah, that must have been a mistake.

I then logged into the site and the item was still in my cart. And yes, the price was still £15 in the cart!! I logged out. Searched for the steelbook on the site and it was £29.99. I logged in again and said I'd try my luck and see if I could purchase it for the £15. I did, and got a despatch email last Mon!!

I couldn't get the code to work though. Said I had already used it and was for first time users......
I've done that before too... added an item to my basket (one of the Marvel box sets), then changed my mind. Saw the price had shot up some days later, so regretted no ordering it when I had the chance, but realised it was still in my basket at the previous discounted price... took my chances and thankfully had the same result as you. :D

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Oh damn, I'd be gutted if it stops working. Worked last weekend for me, for an order that still hasn't arrived, thinking about it.
Yeah, it kinda sucks, especially when I see other people are still using it freely. It's also a bit of a strange coincidence that it literally stopped working for me not long after I left them a 5-star review where I mentioned that I appreciate the 10% off on orders... probably screwed myself there lol. :facepalm:

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yeah, it kinda sucks, especially when I see other people are still using it freely. It's also a bit of a strange coincidence that it literally stopped working for me not long after I left them a 5-star review where I mentioned that I appreciate the 10% off on orders... probably screwed myself there lol. :facepalm:

That would be awful if they can turn it fully off on an account by account basis. Could you check out as guest? That's what I used to do each time

How does Zoom package steelbooks? I've never ordered from them, but since Star Trek: Discovery S2 steel is exclusive to them, I had to put a pre-order in.

How does Zoom package steelbooks? I've never ordered from them, but since Star Trek: Discovery S2 steel is exclusive to them, I had to put a pre-order in.
Single steelbooks are often shipped in those "A1" thin cardboard envelopes - far from optimal. Sometimes the steelbook is wrapped in bubble plastic, which is a slight improvement.

Haven't had many issues with Zoom, but their customer service actually reads the customers' messages and send intelligent replies back. Their first response is an auto-reply message, though. A real person will reply in a day or two. In my experience their customer service is on the same level as Amazon's.

Hopefully a heavy steelbook like ST: Discovery S2 would be sent using a proper box or at least a double-walled fold-over mailer.

• Thanks
Reactions: Miku