Purchase link: Zavvi (LIVE)
Price: £24.99

2.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
11264282-1074376483896947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After Inside Out, MAJOR PASS. Another great mock up that will turn into crap final art. Will wait on a Superior Non UK edition.

Amen. Not doing it, have sworn not to buy any new Disney releases (not catologue titles since they have titles) from Zavvi anymore. Enough is enough. My money shall go to kimchi or nova media for a steelbook with a title/and or pet slip. Fallen for this crap too many times. Watch them replace this beautiful art with a plain steel with a silhouette of the fox and no title a week or so before it ships.

Reactions: paulboland
I'm gonna hold out some hope that this being a Disney Classic release it will have the spine title like all the others (apart from Frozen) BH6 had a spine title and so did the last release - Treasure Planet so you never know. If in their wisdom they decide not put a spine title on it then please just leave out the silly pictures so I can create a custom title instead (like Frozen). Fingers crossed.

Here's what i'm predicting:
zero finish(i'll " varnish myself, but it won't be perfect.. :()
no title

also even though it will bother much less people:
one art with a more or less iconographic art(yes i know many love this kind of visuals, i personally hate them)
probably no french audio/subs( for us french members who need it for ourselves and or/ some closed ones).

Last edited:
Hmmmmm not usually picky , but I think my copy has to say Zootopia and not another version ... so in the film in other Countries they are saying Zoomania and Zootropolis and not Zootopia ? Or is this just on the title ... :bucktooth:

Reactions: harry and Flloydo
The reason for the European title been Zootropolis and not Zootopia
The Irish Times suggested that the change was due to a previously filed trademark by a not-yet-opened Danish zoo (Givskud Zoo has filed the trademark name Zootopia for it's new zoo name thats opening in 2019)
I'm not sure of the reason for Zoomania and not seen that mentioned until now

Disney have not confirmed the reason but it's only speculation it's over a trademark name registered and is to avoid any possible legal issues if Zootopia was used by Disney in Europe

Last edited:
Hmmmmm not usually picky , but I think my copy has to say Zootopia and not another version ... so in the film in other Countries they are saying Zoomania and Zootropolis and not Zootopia ? Or is this just on the title ... :bucktooth:

Very good point. Never thought of that. Suppose people in the uk will find out soon and then others from other countries but considering "I am groot" for example was recorded in other languages they might of changed the speaking and visual parts for "zootopia" to match the titles in the country it's changed.

Here's what i'm predicting:
zero finish(i'll " varnish myself, but it won't be perfect.. :()
no title

also even though it will bother much less people:
one art with a more or less iconographic art(yes i know many love this kind of visuals, i personally hate them)
probably no french audio/subs( for us french members who need it for ourselves and or/ some closed ones).

It probably won't have a spine title for a few reasons: 1. It's a new disney release and 2. It has a couple of different titles depending on where you are

Treasure planet is a catalogue title which they seem to always put a title on and big hero 6 seemed to be a one off like Malificent (for the live action Disney new releases at the time)

The Irish Times suggested that the change was due to a previously filed trademark by a not-yet-opened Danish zoo

Disney have not confirmed the reason but it's only speculation it's over a trademark name registered and is to avoid any possible legal issues if Zootopia was used by Disney in Europe

I was under the impression "zoomania" is Germany.
There are posters with that title online with what seems to be German writing but I could be wrong

The Irish Times suggested that the change was due to a previously filed trademark by a not-yet-opened Danish zoo (Givskud Zoo has filed the trademark name Zootopia for it's new zoo name thats opening in 2019)

Well if thats true, then you would be 100% correct. Makes sense. Dang so they have to change the visuals too, thats costly. But of course I guess they know this going in so if done in production at the time probably not so bad.

Love how they always get their live times wrong
So useless

Anyway the code works with this as usual and have stuck a pre order in until some more info on FAC emerges

Reactions: Noodles and harry
With different names in different territories collectors will have a time of it buying from different countries!

Saw this last night and loved it, really inventive and funny both for kids and adults, I really laughed a lot

Hope Zavvi come up with something really nice for this one as I'll definitely be picking up a copy of blu-ray

Reactions: harry