2.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
11264282-1074376483896947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered
As I want the UK release for this.

No interest in FAC releases, and a few bits of card. Just thought I'd comment, as every other post in here, is about FilmArena!

Totally agree it can be tedious, it happens in almost every thread, saying "...I'll wait for this or that version, this is a thread for the zavvi version, lol..."

Use this for 10% off

LINK + ZAVWEL54

Totally agree it can be tedious, it happens in almost every thread, saying "...I'll wait for this or that version, this is a thread for the zavvi version, lol..."

Use this for 10% off

LINK + ZAVWEL54

Thanks for the discount. Preorder it

Reactions: Flash
Preordered. Havent seen the movie yet but I hope its good. What I dont have any hopes for though is that it will have a title on the spine. If it doesnt, its an instant cancel wether I liked the movie or not.

Amazing reviews across the board for this film and the issue of "which title for which country?" is amusing but not unique and there have been examples in the past where a title can be offensive in another language so has to be changed . . .
ZOOTOPIA was the preferred world title but as we've already heard they ran into trademark problems which would almost certainly have screwed with their film products merchandising which is an area where a GREAT DEAL of money is made (soft toys etc.).

- Some will prefer ZOOTROPOLIS as it's more in line with the city setting of the film (The Commissioner of the Metropolis or Commissioner of police for London, for example - or a reminder of real-life cities such as Annapolis, Minneapolis or Indianapolis). There is also the ancient Greek word POLIS meaning CITY and not forgetting KRYPTONOPOLIS the second major city after Kandor where Superman was born and grew up but which was of destroyed when Krypton exploded . . . :)

- Some will prefer ZOOTOPIA with its connection to the word UTOPIA which is meant to be "an ideal place" or "a perfect society" - in this case a place where predator and prey are meant to live together in perfect harmony as in the Greek (again) EU-TOPOS meaning A GOOD PLACE.(although others have the meaning down as NOWHERE)

- ZOOMANIA is not just silly but downright odd. MANIA being the Greek word for MADNESS derived from (THE) MAINMAI who in Greek mythology were The Furies who pursued those who had done un-avenged crimes and drove them to madness.

Useless trivia time:-
- 7th Disney Animated Feature Film to have no human characters in it at all - the others being BAMBI (1942), ROBIN HOOD (1973), BASIL, THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE (1986), THE LION KING (1994), DINOSAUR (2000) and CHICKEN LITTLE (2005)
- "Disney's ZOOTOPIA (ZOOTROPOLIS/ZOOMANIA) continues to dominate global box offices at $500M after only three weeks".

Regarding the steelbook cover artwork: although TBC it's probably the best design taken from the 29 poster choices in total (although only 12 poster choices available for "Zootropolis") - this one designed by
LEGION CREATIVE GROUP of Los Angeles and as they themselves have said about this particular poster artwork "Some early work we did for Disney Animations' "Zootropolis" for the U.K. audience!".

Danish Zoo have the name ZOOTOPIA registered in the UK as a trade mark and covers a list of items the trade mark covers
Anyone deciding to do T-shirts/Posters etc in the UK might have a problem if the use the name Zootopia
Filing date 14 April 2009
Date of entry in register 05 February 2010
Renewal date 14 April 2019

Here is a screenshot of the UK Intellectual Property Office listing
Screenshot (116).png

The Trademark has a EU number and I would not be surprised if it's been registered in other EU Countries

Last edited:
Yeah, i posted 2hr 15mins after the UK live time.... Still its in stock and temporarily preordered for now
It only went live to pre order at 5pm Friday 25th March
It was meant to be 6pm on Friday 25th March but went live early by 1 Hour

Your original post was on Thursday 24th March the day before :LOL: :p

But the movie was out in UK cinemas Thursday and the last several Disney(including the Marvel movies) went live same as release date. Plus all I saw initialy was 'live at 6pm'..didnt see a date...hence my original post.

its all ordered now so doesnt matter.