UK £99 Panasonic 4K UHD Player (Zoom Day)

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
5F3057D1-7DBB-439A-9B32-B0EFF33CF448.jpeg

Get deal here

Surely this has to be the cheapest 4K player on the market? I'm in!

Now I just need a 4K TV... wonder what the chances are of me finding one of those for a similar price. :shipped::sweat:

Reactions: Sigill
Would this be far superior to an XBox One S? So far that's what I've been using to watch 4K blu-rays but only as I already had it and 4K standalone players were still very expensive. But a Panasonic for £99.99 seems a bargain! :wow:

@Sigill

Would this be far superior to an XBox One S? So far that's what I've been using to watch 4K blu-rays but only as I already had it and 4K standalone players were still very expensive. But a Panasonic for £99.99 seems a bargain! :wow:

@Sigill
Exactly the same boat here mate. I have an Xbox One S that I primarily got for playing 4K blu-rays as it was far cheaper than buying a player.
From what I have read PQ wise there isn’t going to be a huge difference, apparently the Xbox does a good job in comparison with standalone players. I think the main benefit will be the proper remote and less noise. I’m still not sure if that’s worth the £99 though as my Xbox hardly gets touched apart from playing 4K’s. Not sure what to do mate!

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Personally I think it's a cracker of a deal...I would have gone for this if I haven't bought a 4K Panasonic already (last years model). It will be basic, no WiFi, cheap housing but it's fast loading and the picture quality is great. One word of advice is to check the connections you need before buying. Mine didn't have an optical out and my TV doesn't do ARC so I'll need to upgrade the old AV + TV at some stage.

Exactly the same boat here mate. I have an Xbox One S that I primarily got for playing 4K blu-rays as it was far cheaper than buying a player.
From what I have read PQ wise there isn’t going to be a huge difference, apparently the Xbox does a good job in comparison with standalone players. I think the main benefit will be the proper remote and less noise. I’m still not sure if that’s worth the £99 though as my Xbox hardly gets touched apart from playing 4K’s. Not sure what to do mate!
Thanks buddy. Like you I mostly use the XBox for 4K Blu-rays rather than gaming lol. Unsure whether to buy or pass on this still though :bag:

Thanks buddy. Like you I mostly use the XBox for 4K Blu-rays rather than gaming lol. Unsure whether to buy or pass on this still though :bag:
At the moment mate I haven’t pulled the trigger yet so it looks like I will pass. Looking at a few reviews the Xbox one is a pretty decent 4K player and there won’t be huge differences. It would only be for the remote and the noise but I think I can live with that. I think will stick with my Xbox for now even though it’s a great price!

Reactions: Mickle_89
I decided to cancel my order in the end, as I realised that the price on superior players will probably have dropped by the time I get around to actually getting a 4K TV, so I may as well just wait.