#008 The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: July 28, 2015
Purchase link: The Thing (Mondo SteelBook)
Price: $24.99
Group buy: apsmith21
Note: Region free

Hidefninja.com Exclusive article

Beauty-Shot-the-thing-mondo.jpg

TheThingSleevepic.jpg

Attachments

• thing1.jpg
    thing1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 958
  • thingfront1.jpg
    thingfront1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 895
Last edited by a moderator:
Same. Besides Drive & Boyhood...I'm not really a fan of any of the releases. I'll continue to buy them all, because I'm a mindless sheep who sees a number on a spine and has to have them all...but it would be much nicer if they were movies I cared about!

I dont have a big disposable income to do that with! ha

I almost 100% it won't be this because Tom Cruise has it in his contract his face will be on the cover of DVD/Blu Ray artwork. Correct me if I'm wrong @Wreck

Ahhh i didn't know that, I guessed oblivion cause the back art kind of matched the back of the third steelbook posted in this image but i suppose that is probably a non approved prototype

ChLNP9l.jpg

Ahhh i didn't know that, I guessed oblivion cause the back art kind of matched the back of the third steelbook posted in this image but i suppose that is probably a non approved prototype

ChLNP9l.jpg

I believe the 3rd one is Pans Labyrinth. Then Drive, both Loppers and both Boyhoods. Neither 2 on the left have been released.

Last edited:
Why so many people want Sucker Punch i will never understand, i know the artworks for it have been cool and all but the movie just sucked so much that im pretty sure it was called SUCKer Punch for that reason alone... but then again we cant all like blue!

Ive said it before but this being a Universal film my bet is on Breakfast Club, being its 30th anniversary and all.
Agree. Sucker Punch is cinematic masterbation with no plot. And I think Scott Pilgrim is hipster nonsense as well.
I was racking my brain about good Universal titles they can do-
The Google doesn't understand when I try to google 'Universal movies that I like'. Must be broken...
image.jpg

Agree. Sucker Punch is cinematic masterbation with no plot. And I think Scott Pilgrim is hipster nonsense as well.
The Google doesn't understand when I try to google 'Universal movies that I like'. Must be broken...
View attachment 164742
Mmm i dont think Scott Pilgrim is hipster, its more ''Geeky''. Im a hardcore videogame player and really love this movie.

EmpYg7G.gif

• Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95
His face isn't on the UK steel for War Of the Worlds either. Or Legend.
LEGEND- I love that flick. But seriously, one of the worst steelbooks ever made. With ALL the rich images available from that film...and they came up with that hunk of crap???!! It is beyond me.
I genuinely hope someone got fired for making that!
I WANT to own a steelbook of that movie. But I can't own that. Definitely one of the top 10 worst steelbooks ever made.

LEGEND- I love that flick. But seriously, one of the worst steelbooks ever made. With ALL the rich images available from that film...and they came up with that hunk of crap???!! It is beyond me.
I genuinely hope someone got fired for making that!
I WANT to own a steelbook of that movie. But I can't own that. Definitely one of the top 10 worst steelbooks ever made.

Oh yeah, it's not a great steelbook, all things told. The basic concept is solid, I think, but the design they ended up with, and the execution of that design is atrocious.

Not sure I'd wish someone fired though. I've had more than one person say that to me at my current job, and it feels horrible. Nothing to do with my skill, mind!

So, while the inference seems to be that some sort of deal has been made with regards to Tom Cruise and film promotion, it clearly can't be 100% set in stone.

Oh yeah, it's not a great steelbook, all things told. The basic concept is solid, I think, but the design they ended up with, and the execution of that design is atrocious.

Not sure I'd wish someone fired though. I've had more than one person say that to me at my current job, and it feels horrible. Nothing to do with my skill, mind!

So, while the inference seems to be that some sort of deal has been made with regards to Tom Cruise and film promotion, it clearly can't be 100% set in stone.
That movie has SO MUCH amazing imagery...and they go for some kind of homemade Yin/Yang interlocking symbol? Tell them to go back to art school and use the images RIDLEY SCOTT created!
Trust me, he is a much better artist than whoever the hack is who created that steelbook.
And if no one ever gets penalized for ONE bad design, you know what happens? You get an ENTIRE SERIES of crapbooks called POP ART, and ICONIC ART steelbooks...that now can't be given away. (Though some jokers are trying to sell them at $9.99 on the market. Good luck.)

Last edited:
Reactions: augustus
View attachment 164742
Sucker Punch has a brilliant plot, and is without doubt the finest representation of deep rooted mental psychosis ever put on Film. Most people just weren't up to understanding it properly, and just saw the eye candy. [emoji4]

Sucker Punch has a brilliant plot, and is without doubt the finest representation of deep rooted mental psychosis ever put on Film. Most people just weren't up to understanding it properly, and just saw the eye candy. [emoji4]
You might just be the first to accuse Zach Snyder of making deep cinema. Between him and Michael Bay, Bergman and Fellini need not worry that their mantles are in jeapordy.;)