#009 Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: June 30th, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator 2: Judgment day Mondo X SteelBook
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes:

HDN exclusive article:
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/06/...eelbook-is-009-in-the-mondo-x-steelbook-line/

HDN Exclusive Teaser Video

00.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The front artwork isn't bad but once again the back artwork is laughable.
It can't be easy for Mondo to mine a single print/poster for enough artwork to cover the front, back and inside of a steelbook. In an ideal world Mondo would go to Tom Whalen and ask him to cook up some extra bits and pieces to go with his Terminator 2 print/poster... but I suppose that's easier said than done. Thankfully I don't mind the minimalist theme :)

Seems to be working now but there is a limit of 1 unit per order on the Variant!! It seems you can order up to 99 of the regular ones.......

Strange....just tried to order two variants and got the following...

The following errors occurred:

• 0135: Sorry, only 1 Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Best Buy Exclusive Mondo X SteelBook) (VARIANT EDITION) (Blu-ray) (1991) can be purchased per order. Please update the quantity.

Sorry everyone for the mess - some unforeseen issues on the launch but happy to say we are up for pre-order now. Unfortunately the household limits (these are on the VARIANT ONLY) cannot be updated until tonight overnight as taking the limits off runs us the risk of more site issues. By tomorrow morning the group buy on the variant will be available. Sorry for the pain everyone...lessons learned for the next announcement!!!!

Tom Whalen is right near the top of my favorite Mondo artists. Don't know what you all are on about--this artwork is fantastic!

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally speaking, I prefer Ken Taylor's artwork. It goes more with what I consider to be the essence of the movie itself, than does Tom Whalen's.

terminator2.jpg

It's academic now, but given the recent example of the forthcoming Mondo release of "The Thing", the horizontal image could have been adapted to wrap around artwork on the Steelbook. Apart from the title, of course, which would have needed to have been reformatted to appear only on the front of the case.

The chosen artwork appears to have divided people here into those who love it and those who dislike it. I can't help but feel that not choosing Ken Taylor's artwork was a mistake.

Reactions: blumaster
Sorry everyone for the mess - some unforeseen issues on the launch but happy to say we are up for pre-order now. Unfortunately the household limits (these are on the VARIANT ONLY) cannot be updated until tonight overnight as taking the limits off runs us the risk of more site issues. By tomorrow morning the group buy on the variant will be available. Sorry for the pain everyone...lessons learned for the next announcement!!!!
Thanks Michael! @Drum18 @biscuitnoir in case you didn't catch this update, yet.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
They're overdoing it, too many releases. I don't really mind, but it takes a bit away the special feeling of Mondo x Steelbook series.

There will only be 2-3 more for the rest of the year - a lot of these were front-loaded in the year (simply because we were so excited about launching them LOL!) - this program is definitely aimed to be very limited, very exclusive, high quality and super collectible and we promise we won't mess that up :) You won't see us pouring on 20+ titles in a year and you won't see the ones we have put out at Future Shop or Best Buy being repeated again - the qtys are the qtys that will go out (I know that wasn't in the post but thought it was important to mention). The response from everyone has been great and love to see the feedback and suggested future titles on the forums from the true collectors and movie fans - keep it up!!! You will see one more announcement shortly for one we have cooking :)

There will only be 2-3 more for the rest of the year - a lot of these were front-loaded in the year (simply because we were so excited about launching them LOL!) - this program is definitely aimed to be very limited, very exclusive, high quality and super collectible and we promise we won't mess that up :) You won't see us pouring on 20+ titles in a year and you won't see the ones we have put out at Future Shop or Best Buy being repeated again - the qtys are the qtys that will go out (I know that wasn't in the post but thought it was important to mention). The response from everyone has been great and love to see the feedback and suggested future titles on the forums from the true collectors and movie fans - keep it up!!! You will see one more announcement shortly for one we have cooking :)
That's really comforting to hear, I do love Mondo steelbooks so I hope that they will stay high quality and that there won't be too many releases in a short time so every single steelbook will feel like something unique. :thumbs: 2-3 new ones sounds like a good amount for the rest of the year, keep doing great job!

Is that 2-3 more mondo from best buy this year or 2-3 more mondo total for the rest of the year? Could we see a few more from bb and a few more from target? A few from each feels like the right number...

Thanks for the update @BBYCMichael! Looking forward to hearing the announcement! :)

As regards the chosen artwork, I prefer the Variant to the Regular version. That, in itself, is a little annoying since I have always opted for the Regular versions over the Variants, where there has been a choice, in order to retain a uniform Mondo collection. I guess that this time I'm going to have to go with my preferred choice and to hell with the uniformity.

My sentiments exactly.

Reactions: augustus