10.000 BC *1st Release* (Blu-ray SteelBook-Crackle Lacquer)[Germany]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Pretty cool looking one, here is the official artwork. Little unknown fact, the makers of SteelBook packaging G&M named this their can of the year the year it released.

attachment.php

Attachments

• a_zpsa24a6485.jpg
    a_zpsa24a6485.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 433
Last edited by a moderator:
guys i got one today it has the blu sticker on the seal, and the seal if id be able to describe it well its like one of a cigarette pack...(meaning it has the tape that you pull to take off the small part of the seal and then you pull the steel out)
but how can i tell that it really is the 1st edition before opening it? the crackle laquer is a bit rougher than a normal gloss steel?

How much u get it for? Plus, I don't think there's any other crackle version of this?

guys i got one today it has the blu sticker on the seal, and the seal if id be able to describe it well its like one of a cigarette pack...(meaning it has the tape that you pull to take off the small part of the seal and then you pull the steel out)
but how can i tell that it really is the 1st edition before opening it? the crackle laquer is a bit rougher than a normal gloss steel?

There's only one version of this with the crackle laquer, it looks very different to the normal steelbook. You should be able to tell the difference easily as the whole steelbook including the blue banner has the crackle effect.

Reactions: nickforall1987
How much u get it for? Plus, I don't think there's any other crackle version of this?

slightly more than 100 usd.....people say one is crackle and the other one just shiny,
but for instance the other two rare germans 1408 has one with fsk sticker and one with stephen king red sticker.
der nebel has one without stickers and one with turquoise stephen king sticker.
so what i am trying to distinguish is weather its an online/store sort of thing like fnacs, or a 1st/2nd release thing....nobody managed to answer yet,
plus in collection manager theres only one entry for der nebel/one for 1408...
really dont know....
hope this helps...

slightly more than 100 usd.....people say one is crackle and the other one just shiny,
but for instance the other two rare germans 1408 has one with fsk sticker and one with stephen king red sticker.
der nebel has one without stickers and one with turquoise stephen king sticker.
so what i am trying to distinguish is weather its an online/store sort of thing like fnacs, or a 1st/2nd release thing....nobody managed to answer yet,
plus in collection manager theres only one entry for der nebel/one for 1408...
really dont know....
hope this helps...

ok nick,short and easy answer:

10000 BC:crackle was the first release and shiny the second release
Der Nebel and 1408:the 1st and second print are exactly the same,only the shrink wrap is different

all of them were available in store,the 2nd print later than the 1st one of course

Reactions: nickforall1987
ok nick,short and easy answer:

10000 BC:crackle was the first release and shiny the second release
Der Nebel and 1408:the 1st and second print are exactly the same,only the shrink wrap is different

ok till now fair enough...on the 10000bc the crackle makes it a bit more rough surfaced? or is it just like the finish is sprayed on the steel if u know what i mean?

GUYS JUST SAW THE PICTURES ON TOP IT ANSWERS MY QUESTION ABOUT THIS :thanks: :)

also does it happen you know for the other two which seal is which?

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil
also does it happen you know for the other two which seal is which?

second answer::D

1408: with sticker and without FSK logo=1st print
without sticker+FSK logo=2nd print

Nebel: with sticker=1st

but to be honest i am not sure if you can really call the "without sticker" version of Nebel a second print,i just think some of them have the sticker and others dont(like some FS releases)

second answer::D

1408: with sticker and without FSK logo=1st print
without sticker+FSK logo=2nd print

Nebel: with sticker=1st

but to be honest i am not sure if you can really call the "without sticker" version of Nebel a second print,i just think some of them have the sticker and others dont(like some FS releases)

ok i have two nebels aswell one with sticker one without and they have exactly same seal and i dont know which one to open...:(