10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

May 30, 2014
Release date: June 14th, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99

5086553_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
why ? you've seen the movie ? is it good ?

Not seen it yet. Will be soon I hope. It's out in the uk sooner than I thought plus I'm just really up for this. If you've seen my posts in the movie thread you will understand how much I want to see this plus critically it's getting rather good reviews.
Haven't looked at the ARG in the last 2 weeks so I need to catch up on that before I see the film

Not a bad looking steelbook but the mock up for the UK HMV exclusive shows an embossed border and only has the title on the front - no tagline. If it's glossy as well it should be a real stunner. Now just have to wait until end July when it's out to know for sure.

Not a bad looking steelbook but the mock up for the UK HMV exclusive shows an embossed border and only has the title on the front - no tagline. If it's glossy as well it should be a real stunner. Now just have to wait until end July when it's out to know for sure.

Steelbook.com has the Eurorpean version listed as spot gloss with a debossed title while the NA version will be satin finish with no mention of any 'bossing.

I'm not a huge fan of the art, but with the treatment it's due to receive on the European steel, it might not turn out so bad.

I guess it's back to slumming it here in the States after riding the Best Buy Force Awakens high, though!

Plagued with paint chips. Tired of this on the corners of every US steel it seems.

Tell me about it. Of the many domestic steels I've grabbed, the recent Gods of Egypt steel was the first mint release I've purchased. Quality control seems lax and they are often handled roughly as if they were amrays, which leads to many dings and chips. Perhaps this boils down to low market penetration which leads to poor understanding of the delicacy of the cases. I think the fact that they're called Steelbooks also gives the impression that they are more durable and subsequently less likely to be damaged from rough handing.

Last edited:
Reactions: blu-steel
Steelbook.com has the Eurorpean version listed as spot gloss with a debossed title while the NA version will be satin finish with no mention of any 'bossing.

I'm not a huge fan of the art, but with the treatment it's due to receive on the European steel, it might not turn out so bad.

I guess it's back to slumming it here in the States after riding the Best Buy Force Awakens high, though!

Yeah Paramount have quite a good track record for the finishes they put on their UK/European steelbooks so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one. Quite enjoyed the movie when I saw it in the cinema and will probably get either the HMV or FAC.

I've returned two copies that were damaged in shipping (in exactly the same place-odd?) and the one I ended up keeping has a couple of paint chips and a small dent I had to take care of- really disappointed in this one from Best Buy. First steelbook I've had damaged from delivery since The Amazing Spider-Man steel.......had to return several of those to get a decent one. Really liked the movie, though......so there's that.