10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #54) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 18, 2016 (Standard) - FAC (Janurary 16th , 2017)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 799 CZK (FAC)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

10.jpg

10.jpg 10_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After having this on my shelf for ages and finally getting around to watching it last night, I think the movie was not really as good as everybody hyped it to be......
JOKE! Amazing f*****g Movie!! What a stellar performance from Jon Goodman, should of got an oscar or at least a nomination due his part!

Not as dynamic as the the original cloverield, but more of survival genre which was tense at times. Looking forward to the third!

Not as dynamic as the the original cloverield, but more of survival genre which was tense at times. Looking forward to the third!

The third was supposed to be out in Feb (the God particle) but looks like it might be scrapped now

Not sure what's happening.

Not surprising at all. Takes years for any project to get the green light these days. ID4 2 and jursssic world lol

It's already been filmed last year (with some great names in it) but I literally just read the release date is October this year which is good

Odd because they must of updated that recently like in the last few weeks because it all went silent for a quite a while

You need to remember this wasn't origianlly a cloverfiled movie. Started as somethimg completely different in the paramount independent section and then JJ found out about it and see a good way to make it clovie related (universe) they went back and re shot scenes and the whole new ending

Was originally the cellar

Reactions: sunnyx
It's already been filmed last year (with some great names in it) but I literally just read the release date is October this year which is good

Odd because they must of updated that recently like in the last few weeks because it all went silent for a quite a while

You need to remember this wasn't origianlly a cloverfiled movie. Started as somethimg completely different in the paramount independent section and then JJ found out about it and see a good way to make it clovie related (universe) they went back and re shot scenes and the whole new ending

Was originally the cellar

Oh I'm aware it's not actually a direct sequel. As JJ abrahams on the helm you would think there is some form if connection which makes it interesting.

Oh I'm aware it's not actually a direct sequel. As JJ abrahams on the helm you would think there is some form if connection which makes it interesting.

No not even that.

It's a twighligt zone idea now. In a world where these things happens like alternate realities. One world a monster attacks New York, another world this and in the god particle the world dissapears with a bunch of astronauts left in space

I mean originally it was just a kidnapping keep them in a cellar with a sick twisted man - film to start with. That's how it was filmed, JJ then found out about it, pumped some more money and made it link to that world with re shoots and brand new ending

Only link is the company Howard (Goodman) works for on the letter you see when she climbs through the vent and see the help sign.
It's the same company the guy was moving to Japan in cloverfield - Howard has links with the satellite that falls at the end of cloverfiled over the bay - it's how he knows everything and about the "worms"

- this all came out in the ARG game before the film was released simualr to what they did with the first film showing that clovie actually came from under water - there was a oil mining company keeping him under until it escaped

In the alternate universes - the companies and the people are the same - it's the consquences that are different hense different situations in both films.

I imagine in the god particle we will hear nothing of previous attacks because it's a alternate universe and the company will have somthing to do with their research or they could trigger something that creates these alternate universes - whatever it is I love these films and can't wait for the next

Last edited by a moderator:
No not even that.

It's a twighligt zone idea now. In a world where these things happens like alternate realities. One world a monster attacks New York, another world this and in the god particle the world dissapears with a bunch of astronauts left in space

I mean originally it was just a kidnapping keep them in a cellar with a sick twisted man - film to start with. That's how it was filmed, JJ then found out about it, pumped some more money and made it link to that world with re shoots and brand new ending

Only link is the company Howard (Goodman) works for on the letter you see when she climbs through the vent and see the help sign.
It's the same company the guy was moving to Japan in cloverfield - Howard has links with the satellite that falls at the end of cloverfiled over the bay - it's how he knows everything and about the "worms"

- this all came out in the ARG game before the film was released simualr to what they did with the first film showing that clovie actually came from under water - there was a oil mining company keeping him under until it escaped

In the alternate universes - the companies and the people are the same - it's the consquences that are different hense different situations in both films.

I imagine in the god particle we will hear nothing of previous attacks because it's a alternate universe and the company will have somthing to do with their research or they could trigger something that creates these alternate universes - whatever it is I love these films and can't wait for the next

I would say the movie is still connected in some form, and IMO an excellent marketing strategy to attract the audience who were fans of the original Cloverfield movie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Cloverfield_Lane - states 'it is the second movie in the cloverfield franchise'.
So I would argue it IS connected, not a direct sequel.

@Flloydo Added spoiler tags to your post cos some people still haven't seen it.

Technically 0 spoilers given

Everyone knows that this film will feature somthing

I'm taking about the background link of these film which even if you seen it most still wont get because the letter scene is quick and not many will know about the ARG

That's why I didn't add spoiler but fair enough, still respect that

I would say the movie is still connected in some form, and IMO an excellent marketing strategy to attract the audience who were fans of the original Cloverfield movie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Cloverfield_Lane - states 'it is the second movie in the cloverfield franchise'.
So I would argue it IS connected, not a direct sequel.

You need to read my post again

In my head it's 100% connected, aswell as it is in JJs and everyone else involved aswel as huge fans of this series but to most others it won't be

This is all from JJ himself - everything I've said. Not wiki

And yes was also a marketing strategy

You need to read my post again

In my head it's 100% connected, aswell as it is in JJs and everyone else involved aswel as huge fans of this series but to most others it won't be

This is all from JJ himself - everything I've said. Not wiki

And yes was also a marketing strategy

So you agree with me and you don't and you say 'not even that'? I'm confused whether you agree with me or not but we can both agree is IS connected. I'm gonna leave it as that. That was my point, the movie IS connected.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
So you agree with me and you don't and you say 'not even that'? I'm confused whether you agree with me or not but we can both agree is IS connected. I'm gonna leave it as that. That was my point, the movie IS connected.

Lol yeah I think we confused each other

It is connected but not directly basically

My point was it's very suttle in the film by if you know the back story you know much more

It's because tou said "I would still say the movie is connected"
When technically I didn't say it wasn't

I Get you now

Reactions: sunnyx
Lol yeah I think we confused each other

It is connected but not directly basically

My point was it's very suttle in the film by if you know the back story you know much more

It's because tou said "I would still say the movie is connected"
When technically I didn't say it wasn't

I Get you now

No worries, we interpreted each other differently. I think that marketing strategy proved to be very successful. The first thing I wanted to know and many was if 10 Cloverfield Lane a sequel or not? It was not clear at all before the movie was released and many would watch it for the curiosity. The trailer gave very little away. The only way to find out was watch it yourself. Interestingly if the title didn't have 10 Cloverield Lane, but another street I probably would had ignored it. Most movies today, if you watched the trailer you seen the film.

There was supposed to be a direct sequel of another camera man catching the footage but that project seemed to have disappeared.

• Thanks
No worries, we interpreted each other differently. I think that marketing strategy proved to be very successful. The first thing I wanted to know and many was if 10 Cloverfield Lane a sequel or not? It was not clear at all before the movie was released and many would watch it for the curiosity. The trailer gave very little away. The only way to find out was watch it yourself. Interestingly if the title didn't have 10 Cloverield Lane, but another street I probably would had ignored it. Most movies today, if you watched the trailer you seen the film.

There was supposed to be a direct sequel of another camera man catching the footage but that project seemed to have disappeared.

Yeah they scrapped that idea which is a shame.
Never know it could still happen though

Would love to see clovie attacking from another point of view

Yeah was great marketing

@sunnyx Better not talk about the film anymore though mate. Not in this thread for the film anyway

@sunnyx Better not talk about the film anymore though mate. Not in this thread for the film anyway

Okay thought we giving this thread a bit of life...

Yeah steel was okay, bit dull, nice gloss, packaging was alright from FAC, not bad artwork, there done.

That's it, nothing more to say. End of....

• Thanks
Okay thought we giving this thread a bit of life...

Yeah steel was okay, bit dull, nice gloss, packaging was alright from FAC, not bad artwork, there done.

That's it, nothing more to say. End of....

I was taking the mick mate, because of what was said to me. Im still going to talk about the film in this thread! And the steel too

This and the U.K. Steel was better than the American version. They got matte and flat I think

I know I bag on FAC a lot but I'll happily admit when they do pull out a decent package out of their backside and this to me was one of them. They actually used both arts I wanted on the front and back of the slip which is incredibly rare for me: so I was extremely happy

Finish is great on the slip too, love all the art cards etc but as usual the lenti was crappy.

Have you seen the cast for the god particle? Google it (if you haven't already) decent cast.

I thought all 3 of them were awesome in this and I haven't seen Goodman in such a great role since lebowski

See, I hated the first one, 2 very different films in the same universe, but hard to compare the 2 as they are practically 2 different genres. It's the shakey cam that I cant stand to be honest, over used and to me, not effective in filmmaking at all, in my opinion. But obviously has some draw to that style of filmmaking because Hollywood and everyone else still use the format. Only shaky cam Movie I liked was End of watch, and that's because the camera was mostly smooth viewing!
On another note, what's happened to Flloydo?

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
See, I hated the first one, 2 very different films in the same universe, but hard to compare the 2 as they are practically 2 different genres. It's the shakey cam that I cant stand to be honest, over used and to me, not effective in filmmaking at all, in my opinion. Bit obviously has done draw to that style of filmmaking because Hollywood and everyone else still use the format. Only shaky cam Movie I liked was End of watch, and that's because the camera was mostly smooth viewing!
On another note, what's happened to Flloydo?

Bit like marmite the old amateur camera film, you either hate it or love it.

No idea about Flloydo.....

But I am sure he's probably still reading these threads and HDN.