Horror Chat 2017 Last Horror watched-Annual HDN October Watch party! [Concluded-see you in 2018!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
watch party anim.gif

Hello horrific ninjas!

It's that time of year again where we get together and share recommendations, and the last horror film you watched in honor of the spookiest holiday of the year! Jump into this thread all throughout October and join the fun by sharing the flicks you're enjoying and win prizes along the way. Tag your favorite horror fans on the forum and let them know it's time to get creepy and gory at HDN!

Be sure to subscribe to the thread (Click "Watch Thread" the the top right of the thread, so that you know what fellow ninjas are watching, and enter to win prizes when you see me post a pic of candy corns.

Also, keep your eyes peeled on the front page of HDN and in the forum for additional giveaways, special announcement, during our third annual HDN HALLOWEEN FEST!

halloweenfest-facebook.png

Pre-order HDN Black Label # 3 Suspiria exclusively at http://shop.hidefninja.com
suspiria-728-ordernow.gif

horrorsideshow-728.jpg

Exclusive HDN Nosferatu pin live now!
nosferatu pinb&w.jpg

Last edited:
Watched ‘The Entity’ and ‘It Follows’ again today. One more week to go ninjas!
I actually never watched 'The Entity' but i read a little about it. Is it similar to 'Paranomal Activity' without the documentary film style? Does It really contains a
ghost **** scene
? This is what is holding me off to seeing it. But i'm curious, how do you rate the movie? Do you recommend it? Let me add that i enjoy the first 'Paranomal Activity' movies. I might give it a shot depending on your impression.

Quarantine --Hollywood adaptation of the Spanish found footage Rec
Raw--1st time watch, highly recommended! stylish cannibal horror with tons of symbolism
Scream Quadrilogy --one of my favorite slasher franchise. "What's your favorite scary movie?" :naughty:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974 --another horror classic by Tobe Hooper
Annabelle Creation --missed this during it's theatrical run but heard it's better than the first film.

1 more week to go! Happy 3rd HalloweenFest Ninjas!

Good list there, i must say i'm also in the camp who love the 'Scream' movies. The first one had such a perfect horror movie opening / intro. The intro alone made me immediately love the movie. "What's your favorite horror movie?".

I also gave my tribute to Tobe Hooper, RIP, this October.
Some people say 'TCM' is overrated but i say it is so highly rated because it's actually a good horror movie. A milestone in our beloved franchise. I might get hate for this but i actually preferred how 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' 2013 connected to the original movie instead of the 'TCM 2' 1986 sequel. Same goes for the origin story 'Leatherface' 2017, it wasn't perfect but it was a descent origin story, although it didn't really felt like a 'TCM' movie apart from Verna, she killed her role and stole the show.

I actually never watched 'The Entity' but i read a little about it. Is it similar to 'Paranomal Activity' without the documentary film style? Does It really contains a
ghost **** scene
? This is what is holding me off to seeing it. But i'm curious, how do you rate the movie? Do you recommend it? Let me add that i enjoy the first 'Paranomal Activity' movies. I might give it a shot depending on your impression.

Good list there, i must say i'm also in the camp who love the 'Scream' movies. The first one had such a perfect horror movie opening / intro. The intro alone made me immediately love the movie. "What's your favorite horror movie?".

I also gave my tribute to Tobe Hooper, RIP, this October.
Some people say 'TCM' is overrated but i say it is so highly rated because it's actually a good horror movie. A milestone in our beloved franchise. I might get hate for this but i actually preferred how 'Texas Chainsaw 3D' 2013 connected to the original movie instead of the 'TCM 2' 1986 sequel. Same goes for the origin story 'Leatherface' 2017, it wasn't perfect but it was a descent origin story, although it didn't really felt like a 'TCM' movie apart from Verna, she killed her role and stole the show.

I think the Entity is one of @digitalbabe faves

I think the Entity is one of @digitalbabe faves
Thanks Rick for the tag.

@Mr.Vorhees I was not a fan of the Paranormal movies because it was supposedly staged. 'The Entity' (1982) is based on a real story. Some of the scenes can be disturbing. If you're inerested in paranormal elements or topics, or curious about studies, theories, you may like it. It's extremely creepy and has very effective score. Movie tastes are so subjective, it's always hard to tell what someone else will like, of course. But yes, 'The Entity' is one of my all-time favorites, and I have a keen interest in all of the related potentially paranormal and psychological underpinnings of this film and others. Another favorite is Demon Seed. Also some upsetting scenes, based on Koontz' book (which I've not read, but my wife has). Very prophetic, imo. Special effects a little dated, but philosophically very interesting to me as I generally am interested in effect of tech and science on humanity.

Last edited:
Thanks Rick for the tag.

@Mr.Vorhees I was not a fan of the Paranormal movies because it was supposedly staged. 'The Entity' (1982) is based on a real story. Some of the scenes can be disturbing. If you're inerested in paranormal elements or topics, or curious about studies, theories, you may like it. It's extremely creepy and has very effective score. Movie tastes are so subjective, it's always hard to tell what someone else will like, of course. But yes, 'The Entity' is one of my all-time favorites, and I have a keen interest in all of the related potentially paranormal and psychological underpinnings of this film and others. Another favorite is Demon Seed. Also some upsetting scenes, based on Koontz' book (which I've not read, but my wife has). Very prophetic, imo. Special effects a little dated, but philosophically very interesting to me as I generally am interested in effect of tech and science on humanity.
Ohh what a nice and detailed write up, thank you for that. Indeed i'm interested in all kind of paranormal things, i didn't even know 'The Entity' is based on true events. You definitely sold me on 'The Entity'. I i remember correctly, there is even a steelbook of the movie. Might as well blind buy it. Thanks again.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I found my 'The Hidden' blu-ray. I hope to watch this and my new Arrow Special ed set that just came, sometime this weekend while getting prepped for our #mondocon festivities, woot!

• Thanks
Reactions: MGD and tridon
Was so busy last week so not watched much but last night I watched
Happy death day

I enjoyed it . Some decent humour, slasher moments, hot girl and freaky mask. Lol that's my write up

Also I've started stranger things season 1 again. I wasn't a massive fan first time round and thought it was over hyped. Loved the music, the kids were great and some other elements like the 80s setting and twilight zone vibe but Ryder and harbour annoyed me a little. Loving it second time round although Ryder is still a little annoying.
Getting ready for season 2 which I hopefully I can start mid week

I was also hoping to watch hellraiser this weekend but the steel didn't arrive

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: MGD and tridon
I watched 'The Witch' last night for 1st time. I really enjoyed it. It takes some time getting used to the language patterns but it was interesting to learn that the film was based on various fairy tales and the speech of that time. Really visual and creepy.

I really wasn't expecting the language used and although hard to follow at times on the first watch I really got into it and appreciated it.

The scariest thing for me in that film is still the 2 little twins. They are like freaky old people in child form. They have these creepy grins and unsettling stare. Not to mention the way they dance around giggling and chanting

halloween homestretch coming..

Underworld/Evolution/Awakening/Blood Wars --one of my favorite kickass heroine! i think @digitalbabe @tridon @AlienKing would agree!
John Carpenter's Vampires --great homage to western w/gore and horror
The Wailing --a tad long but very good South Korean horror
Stranger Things 2 --finished all episodes in 1 sitting. talk about binge watching. a bloody good time except 1 episode.
Jigsaw --i enjoyed the Saw series so was excited to check this out, but to be honest it might be the weakest of the franchise
XX --short 4 film anthology helmed by female directors

have a great week ahead!

Not really a horror. Just got back from seeing The Snowman. It was good, but nowhere as creepy as the trailer looked. And racking my brain why it has a R rating, there was one really quick boobie shot and that was it

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Over the last few days I had more time :watch:

Started with the "Annabelle" films including Creation. Moved on to a classic "Hocus Pocus" which is always fun times and finished the weekend off with 2 episodes of Stranger things S2. Love it so far including the Halloween setting:joy: :thumbs:

Happy Halloween to everyone! Enjoy yourself tomorrow and remember to always check your candy :hungry:

tumblr_ndux6kuWVh1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.