22 Jump Street - In theaters June 13, 2014

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
From IMDb:
After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a local college.

Directors: Phil Lord, Chris Miller
Starring: Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Ice Cube

Attachments

• 22jumpstreetheader.jpg
    22jumpstreetheader.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by a moderator:
I dislike Tatum with a passion but I enjoyed the 1st one and look forward to the 2nd. Hopefully we will see other cameos from the tv show that were in the 1st movie.

Watched 21 Jump Street again on Friday night, and loved it all over again. Watched 22 Jump Street on Saturday and thought it was superb! Some real good in-jokes, had me laughing out loud loads!

Reactions: Drum18
hoping this will be as good as the first remake, I thought Jonah Hill and Tatum had good buddy cop chemistry in these movies, not up to the level of Gibson/Glover Chan/Tucker but close.

Critics are loving 22 Jump Street, and I have to admit that I'm surprised. I've yet to watch it, but I expected the critics to pan it as they're known to do with comedy sequels.

Review

Right up there with the worst of the worst films of all time. Saw it tonight. I'd have honestly preferred to spend my Friday night in the dentist's chair or sieving raw sewage by hand. It was that bad.

Last edited:
It has to absolutely be one of the greatest sequels of all time. If you liked the first movie, and you like movies in general, and you like satire...you'll love this movie.

I got so disappointed during the first scene, but the payoff was worth it.

The only sad thing is that there were hilarious jokes in it that apparently most of the other people in the theater didn't understand...sad. Like I said, if you liked the first one and you're a movie fan in general, you'll be cracking up.

It has to absolutely be one of the greatest sequels of all time. If you liked the first movie, and you like movies in general, and you like satire...you'll love this movie.

I got so disappointed during the first scene, but the payoff was worth it.

The only sad thing is that there were hilarious jokes in it that apparently most of the other people in the theater didn't understand...sad. Like I said, if you liked the first one and you're a movie fan in general, you'll be cracking up.

AWESOME! :scat: Now I'm really looking forward to seeing it! :thumbs: Might check it out tomorrow! :movie:

I was really worried about it, as comedy sequels are REALLY hit or miss. I must say though that this surprised me. The first one one a big surprise in how well it was done, this one is perhaps even more surprising how well it is done.

It is by no means an excellent or perfect film. However, it was still a very enjoyable movie with some great jokes and a few had me laughing really hard. Tatum and Hill have good chemistry working as a duo. I hope we see more of them.