30 Days of Night (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Limited to 2000
Release Date: 11 August 2014 (was 04 August 2014)
Price: £14.99
Buy Link: 30 Days Of Night

WwXN7s1403869731.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't you guys sick to death of these back catalogue releases, even with the hyped "ultra low print run". Why didn't we get a 47 ronin or a I Frankenstein instead of all this regurgitated crap. Where's Noah 3d, Pompeii 3d, Spider-Man 3d, Edge of whatsit (can't remember title:) )
At what point are you going to stop raving about crap like this.

Noah was crap (watched it last night), Pompeii would be crap (lol Jon Snow vs a volcano), Spider-Man is a HMV exclusive and Edge of Whatsit (Tomorrow) I haven't seen yet.

I'd prefer this film to all of those anyway.

Also: Ordered :D

Noah was crap (watched it last night), Pompeii would be crap (lol Jon Snow vs a volcano), Spider-Man is a HMV exclusive and Edge of Whatsit (Tomorrow) I haven't seen yet.

I'd prefer this film to all of those anyway.

Also: Ordered :D

It wasn't particularly about the quality of the films, it was more about the lack of new releases. For as long as you buy these back catalogue "ultra low print/ cheaper on eBay next week titles" Zavvi are going to keep throwing them at you. :)

Aren't you guys sick to death of these back catalogue releases, even with the hyped "ultra low print run". Why didn't we get a 47 ronin or a I Frankenstein instead of all this regurgitated crap. Where's Noah 3d, Pompeii 3d, Spider-Man 3d, Edge of whatsit (can't remember title:) )

No. I don't see why over one hundred years of cinema can't be appreciated in Steelbook form. I would like to see a few more new releases but at the same time I do want to see old favourites get Steelbooks too.

It wasn't particularly about the quality of the films, it was more about the lack of new releases. For as long as you buy these back catalogue "ultra low print/ cheaper on eBay next week titles" Zavvi are going to keep throwing them at you. :)

Then why did you use the phrases 'regurgitated crap' and 'crap like this'?

Reactions: augustus
i prefer this movie over any of the movies youve listed

Same here!! Great Movie and it shows the brutality of Vampires. Not like that other movie with Glittering Fangers.

Remember people
"God Hates Glittering Fangs"
Public Service announcement made by The He-Man Woman Haters Club:D;)

Last edited:

I think of myself primarily as a movie buff and only secondarily as a steelbook collector. So I welcome these catalogue releases as a means of upgrading the standard edition Blu-ray and DVD copies of my favourite movies to my preferred type of casing, ie steelbook. In fact, I look forward to more!

However, I'm not averse to modern movies and if something isn't available in the UK then it's probably available somewhere else. You just need to surf the net. Of the titles you have mentioned, I have ordered steelbook editions of "Noah" (3D) and "Edge of Tomorrow" (3D) from amazon.de, and "Pompeii" (3D) from amazon.it. Neither "47 Ronin" nor "I Frankenstein" appeal to me but if they did, I'd be able to obtain a 3D steelbook of the former from Germany and the latter from either Germany, France or Italy. Amazon's European sites offer flat rate shipping of about Eur 4 to the UK, irrespective of the quantity ordered, so it's hardly going to break the bank.

As regards "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", I accept that if you want a 3D steelbook then you're going to have to look further afield, probably to the Far East, since all the European steelbooks announced so far are 2D only. That decision, however, appears to have been made by Sony and not by the companies handling the respective releases: HMV (UK), Amazon (Germany) and FNAC (France).

At the end of the day, I welcome the diversity that collecting steelbooks from all parts of the world offers. If my collection consisted solely of UK editions, I would find it rather bland in comparison.

I think of myself primarily as a movie buff and only secondarily as a steelbook collector. So I welcome these catalogue releases as a means of upgrading the standard edition Blu-ray and DVD copies of my favourite movies to my preferred type of casing, ie steelbook. In fact, I look forward to more!

However, I'm not averse to modern movies and if something isn't available in the UK then it's probably available somewhere else. You just need to surf the net. Of the titles you have mentioned, I have ordered steelbook editions of "Noah" (3D) and "Edge of Tomorrow" (3D) from amazon.de, and "Pompeii" (3D) from amazon.it. Neither "47 Ronin" nor "I Frankenstein" appeal to me but if they did, I'd be able to obtain a 3D steelbook of the former from Germany and the latter from either Germany, France or Italy. Amazon's European sites offer flat rate shipping of about Eur 4 to the UK, irrespective of the quantity ordered, so it's hardly going to break the bank.

As regards "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", I accept that if you want a 3D steelbook then you're going to have to look further afield, probably to the Far East, since all the European steelbooks announced so far are 2D only. That decision, however, appears to have been made by Sony and not by the companies handling the respective releases: HMV (UK), Amazon (Germany) and FNAC (France).

At the end of the day, I welcome the diversity that collecting steelbooks from all parts of the world offers. If my collection consisted solely of UK editions, I would find it rather bland in comparison.

My point is:-
Why aren't they available in this country?
Is it because there's more money in back catalogue/ re-hash Steelbooks?
:)

I have to agree to a certain extent that there has been a number of sub-par releases in the last few months from zavvi (Shaolin Soccer, This Is England and The Graduate come to mind) But films like 'Ghostbusters 2' and '30 days of night' deserve a limited edition steelbook run in my option, largely due to the fact that I love these films for different reasons. I personally don't think 30 days has ever received the adulation that it richly deserves, maybe now it has with this limited edition steelbook :movie:

My point is:-
Why aren't they available in this country?
Is it because there's more money in back catalogue/ re-hash Steelbooks?
:)

Not every new film is going to get a UK Steelbook release. The UK still gets quite a few new releases anyway including a few exclusives. Byzantium, The Conjuring, The Great Gatsby, Red 2, Rush and The World's End are some of the more recent examples. There are also some upcoming titles which are looking likely to be the only releases Worldwide, Under the Skin being an obvious one. Sure I would like to have seen 47 Ronin, Prisoners and a few others get UK releases and i'm still hoping for Steelbooks for Edge of Tomorrow and Godzilla, but as augustus said, it's not difficult to obtain those titles from our European neighbours. I don't think UK collectors can really grumble too much about a lack of Steelbooks.

I have to agree to a certain extent that there has been a number of sub-par releases in the last few months from zavvi (Shaolin Soccer, This Is England and The Graduate come to mind) But films like 'Ghostbusters 2' and '30 days of night' deserve a limited edition steelbook run in my option, largely due to the fact that I love these films for different reasons. I personally don't think 30 days has ever received the adulation that it richly deserves, maybe now it has with this limited edition steelbook :movie:

This film doesn't really appeal to me but I know a lot of collectors have asked for this one, so I have no problem with it being released. It's fine if you don't like the three films you mentioned but that doesn't make them sub-par or any less worthy of Steelbook releases.

So you're saying you would rather buy crappy new movies, than good older ones? Oh, so you're that guy.

I'd take a thousand catalogue titles before I bought Noah...especially 3D garbage. I mean, you said you'd rather have a movie that you don't even know the name of? That's the epitome of ridiculous...

So you're saying you would rather buy crappy new movies, than good older ones? Oh, so you're that guy.

I'd take a thousand catalogue titles before I bought Noah...especially 3D garbage. I mean, you said you'd rather have a movie that you don't even know the name of? That's the epitome of ridiculous...

My, my,
Some cages do get easily rattled. :)

This film doesn't really appeal to me but I know a lot of collectors have asked for this one, so I have no problem with it being released. It's fine if you don't like the three films you mentioned but that doesn't make them sub-par or any less worthy of Steelbook releases.

I guess that's the point Snooloui. People are going to applaud steelbook releases of films they enjoy regardless of whether it's a new or a back catalogue release, while be disapproving of what will be classed as "sub-par" releases they don't feel deserve the steelbook treatment. Unfortunately it's an no win situation :LOL:

Personally I couldn't care less what gets released and what doesn't, as I buy what I fancy and not what is popular at any given time. I was merely making an observation that I didn't think those particular movies were worthy, again just my opinion :movie:

Last edited:
I think what's important at the end of the day is that the steelbooks sell to warrant more titles coming out and that they will continue to come out.