Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Live Die Repeat and Repeat

Genre: Action

Director: Doug Liman

Cast: Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt

Release: 2021-05-16

Plot: Plot unknown. The follow-up to 2014s 'Edge of Tomorrow'.

Tom Cruise’s ‘Edge of Tomorrow 2’ Moving Forward With ‘Race’ Writers

Variety reports:

Warner Bros. is moving ahead with its sequel to the Tom Cruise-Emily Blunt time-travel tale “Edge of Tomorrow” with “Race” scribes Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse signed to write the script.

The 2014 original, directed by Doug Liman, grossed $370 million worldwide, including $100 million in the U.S. “Edge of Tomorrow,” based on the 2004 Japanese novel “All You Need Is Kill” by Hiroshi Sakurazaka, took place in a future where Earth is invaded by aliens. Cruise’s character finds himself in a time loop that sends him back to the previous day every time he dies.

Doug Liman is attached to direct with Cruise and Blunt returning.

image.jpeg

Tom Cruise’s ‘Edge of Tomorrow 2’ Moving Forward With ‘Race’ Writers

you mean live agan, die again, repeat again.?

:rofl:

@Apollon

Oh My Gosh :woot: ...saw it also few times and was planning on rewatching it, this is wicked :naughty:

but what will be the release date ? summer 2019 :hilarious:

This is interesting

I loved the first film. Really well
Done I thought

Reactions: harry
I remember this beeing very entertaining, but i can't remember the ending of it...

How do you guys think will they set up the story for the the second installment?

‘Edge of Tomorrow 2’ Is “A Sequel That’s a Prequel”
popcorn2.gif

Source: Collider
Director Doug Liman has spoken to Collider about how Edge of Tomorrow 2, which he will return to direct, is not only a sequel but also a prequel to the 2014 original.
“That is the only sequel that I’m considering doing,” Liman said. “It’s because first of all the story is so amazing—much better than the original film, and I loved and loved the original film—and second of all, it’s a sequel that’s a prequel.”

Source: Screenrant.com

While promoting his latest, Liman revealed to Collider that while no firm plans are set, the film has a new title – Live Die Repeat and Repeat – and that Emily Blunt is on board:
“We have an amazing story! It’s incredible! Way better than the first film, and I obviously loved the first film. It will be called Live Die Repeat and Repeat. Tom [Cruise] is excited about it, and Emily Blunt is excited about it. The big question is just when we’ll do it. But it’s not an if, it’s a when.”

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Drum18
Horrible. I hope that is a joke because that is so stupid.
It was stupid when they tried to change the title for home viewing and its still stupid now.
I do not approve of this at all.

Why not just use "All You Need is Kill" ???

Yeah the title is so bad

Either all you need is kill or drop a repeat. Live die repeat!

Reactions: kaw
Horrible. I hope that is a joke because that is so stupid.
It was stupid when they tried to change the title for home viewing and its still stupid now.
I do not approve of this at all.

Why not just use "All You Need is Kill" ???
This ^

You'd think they would've learned from the title trouble they had with the first one. :facepalm:

Oh well, so long as the movie itself is great, then I guess it's no biggie! :D

Thread title changed... but as others, I don't agree with this stupid title...
it didn't work the 1st time... and now you want to redo the SAME mistake??? This movie was BADASS but it was poorly marketed and bombed at the box office...

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database