Agent Carter: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 5, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11340443-9874422135079731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ATM the Season One Amaray is 10 quid on Amazon, for example, as the Season Two Amaray will be eventually . . . with the exclusive steelbook priced the same as Season One at pre-order (GBP 24.99).
I don't remember S1 being available at a discounted price and I'm guessing the same will happen here so best to pick this one up now (IMO).
Even though I'm not a fan of the artwork - S1 really quite dark in hand - credit nevertheless to the designers for matching the steelbook artwork on both seasons' steelbooks.
140440_large.jpg
164777_large.jpg

Matching artwork, thankfully, for continuity, can be seen on other U.K. TV steelbook collections such as SHERLOCK, BREAKING BAD, WALKING DEAD and GAME OF THRONES.

Matching U.K. steelbook film collections can also be seen, although some collections have been spoiled somewhat (IMO) by later non-matching releases.
Those that do match (off the top of my head), more or less, include JURASSIC PARK, BACK TO THE FUTURE, GHOSTBUSTERS, ALIEN, INDIANA JONES, HARRY POTTER, HUNGER GAMES, NATIONAL TREASURE, Studio Ghibli, KILL BILL and so on.
125120_large.jpg
125121_large.jpg
125122_large.jpg
133775_large.jpg

136653_large.jpg
136654_large.jpg
136655_large.jpg

157200_large.jpg
157201_large.jpg
160693_large.jpg

96327_large.jpg
92253_large.jpg
95589_large.jpg
100327_large.jpg

68167_large.jpg
68157_large.jpg
68165_large.jpg
68326_large.jpg

158484_large.jpg
158485_large.jpg
158486_large.jpg
158487_large.jpg
158488_large.jpg
158489_large.jpg

158490_large.jpg
158491_large.jpg

47951_large.jpg
91597_large.jpg
118532_large.jpg
144415_large.jpg

131001_large.jpg
139528_large.jpg

86087_large.jpg
86085_large.jpg
86086_large.jpg
86084_large.jpg
146968_large.jpg
146969_large.jpg

147616_large.jpg
147622_large.jpg

Those U.K. steelbook film collections that do not match include BOURNE (#1-3 :thumbs: / #4 (n)), PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN (#1-3 :thumbs: / #4 (n)), STAR TREK (#1-10 :thumbs: / #11-13 (n)), STAR WARS (#1-6 :thumbs: / #7 (n)), X-MEN (#4, 5 & 6 :thumbs: / #1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (n)), MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (#1-3 :thumbs: / #4, 5 (n)), RAMBO (#1-3 :thumbs: / #4 (n)), FAST AND FURIOUS (#1-6 :thumbs: / #7 (n)), and so on . . .

Last edited:
Ordered to join the equally dark Season One steelbook :thumbs:

Naturally glad they decided on a matching pair . . . but surprised that the designers didn't go with one of the other brighter poster artwork designs such as this one which IMO is so much more pleasing to the eye (and something matching for Season Two):-
would have been nice, and more fitting as she didnt rock the red hat AT ALL in S2 (unless am mistaken)

ATM the Season One Amaray is 10 quid on Amazon, for example, as the Season Two Amaray will be eventually . . . with the exclusive steelbook priced the same as Season One at pre-order (GBP 24.99).
I don't remember S1 being available at a discounted price and I'm guessing the same will happen here so best to pick this one up now (IMO).
Even though I'm not a fan of the artwork - S1 really quite dark in hand - credit nevertheless to the designers for matching the steelbook artwork on both seasons' steelbooks.
S1 sold out pretty fast and I only recall it coming back into stock once - I was lucky to get in dispatch day re-stocking

would have been nice, and more fitting as she didnt rock the red hat AT ALL in S2 (unless am mistaken)

Not the same hat but she went full red (dress and hat) when her and Jarvis went to the races to interrogate Whitney and her husband in one episode.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-20-at-2.54.15-PM-1070x599.png

Now that I know there will be no season 3, I've kind of lost interest in owning season 1 or 2. I don't believe I will ever watch them again.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Nice art on the front but I won't be buying it as I haven't got the 1st season. Don't see a point and it will rocket in price on eBay now I'm sure.

Now that I know there will be no season 3, I've kind of lost interest in owning season 1 or 2. I don't believe I will ever watch them again.

I can understand not wanting to watch it again, so thus not buying it. There's thousands of movies and shows I've seen that I'd never buy even if they got the most amazing steelbooks on the planet. That just makes sense.

But the fact there's no season 3 shouldn't make a difference. Lots of shows get cancelled and lots of sequels don't get made but that doesn't take away from what does exist. Do you buy Arrow or The Flash for example? They'll end at some point. How about Daredevil, Jessica Jones or even Agents of SHIELD? What happens if any of them don't get renewed and end on a cliffhanger (which many shows have)? Would you get rid of your existing sets?

If you don't buy any of these shows then think of one you do.

Reactions: yeslek
I can understand not wanting to watch it again, so thus not buying it. There's thousands of movies and shows I've seen that I'd never buy even if they got the most amazing steelbooks on the planet. That just makes sense.

But the fact there's no season 3 shouldn't make a difference. Lots of shows get cancelled and lots of sequels don't get made but that doesn't take away from what does exist. Do you buy Arrow or The Flash for example? They'll end at some point. How about Daredevil, Jessica Jones or even Agents of SHIELD? What happens if any of them don't get renewed and end on a cliffhanger (which many shows have)? Would you get rid of your existing sets?

If you don't buy any of these shows then think of one you do.

I watched an episode or two of Flash and Green Arrow and lost all interest in those shows quickly. Agents of SHIELD is definitely not top notch television and I'm planning to sell my copy of season 2 on Blu-Ray. Haven't got a chance to see season 4 yet. I will definitely spend money on Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, and The Defenders because I will watch those multiple times (watched Daredevil season 1 twice already).

It's not about the show being ended prematurely that I care about. It's that the show never reached the potential that I envisioned. In my opinion, seasons 1 and 2 were decent but could have been much better. More seasons means more character and plot development and more chances for greatness. As I see it, Agent Carter was a "good" show that wasn't as good as it should have been and now there's no chance of it improving. Does that make sense now? And yes, I will definitely be getting rid of my Agent Carter season 1.

It's similar to a planned trilogy of movies being cut to only two because they didn't make enough money. The lack of a third movie kind of dulls any enthusiasm you may have for the other two. I always see the Percy Jackson steelbooks for cheap, but the fact that the series of movies was never finished makes me plan to never buy any of them. I know that the analogy is not perfect but I collect more movies than shows.

It makes perfect sense. I can see where you're coming from.

Personally I loved Agent Carter season 1 (I haven't seen season 2 yet) so look forward to this release. It might not be as good, but oh well, what can you do? I've pre-ordered Daredevil (which I also haven't seen yet), yet have no interest in Agents of SHIELD even though I've never seen a single episode.

I like The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl to greater or lesser degrees, but still haven't seen anything of Arrow and strangely have no desire to do so.

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
Not the same hat but she went full red (dress and hat) when her and Jarvis went to the races to interrogate Whitney and her husband in one episode.

View attachment 266505
True
Still, although it matches the first steelbook beautifully(assuming exact same debossing and finish) its gonna be a good looking, albeit lazy rehash of an image from the first season.

Still ordered amd still cant wait to rewatch it :)

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
The 10% off code is working again on his for anyone wanting to reorder

http://ebm.e.zavvi.com/c/tag/BVP4se...ctivation&affil=thgemail&utm_content=TCMemail - Use this link for ZAVWEL54 10% discount
I just re ordered with 10% code
The price in Euro recently dropped due to sterling exchange rate getting worse and with 10% code
My order is now €25.64 instead of previous order that also used 10% off and that was €30.25

Zavvi website down at the moment just after I ordered at cheaper price :rofl:

Reactions: yeslek and Flash
I just re ordered with 10% code
The price in Euro recently dropped due to sterling exchange rate getting worse and with 10% code
My order is now €25.64 instead of previous order that also used 10% off and that was €30.25

Zavvi website down at the moment just after I ordered at cheaper price :rofl:

That's odd the website down it was working minute ago