Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: July 8th, 2013
Price: £17.99
Purchase link: Aladdin Sold-Out!
Note: Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition SteelBook Disney Collection # 1 - includes embossed artwork.
This product is limited to 5000 copies. Region Free.

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

Arts:
10795844-1368522398-146367.jpg

10795844-1368619779-754093.jpg

10795844-1368619779-754058.jpg

Official Hi-Def Ninja Video
[media=youtube]DAIXRGScGoo[/media]

Actual Pics + Audio + Subtitles: (Thanks to NM)
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Welcome page:
DSC_0001-001.JPG

Audio:
DSC_0003-001.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

Subtitles:
DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

Update 30/06/2013:
Sold out (EU Delivery Only) via Zavvi Outlet for £23.99

EARLY SHIPPING NOTICE / PAYMENTS DUE BY WED, 3rd July
Realise we have shipped this early. We fully understand that this may have resulted in many customers not having the required funds to make payment at the time of shipment. However, we are holding stock for all of these orders and will re-process attempted payment next Thursday. For anyone no longer wanting their reserved copy they will need to cancel their order before that date.

NO FURTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT EBAY SALES, SCALPERS, RESALE AND THE LIKE IN THIS THREAD - Chat about the steel or the movie itself, HAVE FUN. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Attachments

• 10795844-1365783449-738323.jpg
    10795844-1365783449-738323.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 720
  • 10795844-1368522398-146359.jpg
    10795844-1368522398-146359.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,207
  • 10795844-1368522398-146367.jpg
    10795844-1368522398-146367.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 470
  • 10795844-1368619779-754058.jpg
    10795844-1368619779-754058.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 484
  • 10795844-1368619779-754093.jpg
    10795844-1368619779-754093.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 424
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, need your opinion here

I just looked at my copy again and it seems like it actually is a little damaged? The bottom right side seems kind of raised out of the debossing part. It's really hard to capture in pictures. But it slightly bulges out.

It really wasnt obvious at first, and I didn't pay too much attention when I got it because I was really busy at the time. And there weren't any obvious scratches or dents.

The only thing I can think of is that there was just enough pressure applied to it that it caused this but not enough to make something super crazy. There's probably nothing I can do at this point about it right? Thanks!

I just looked at my copy again and it seems like it actually is a little damaged? The bottom right side seems kind of raised out of the debossing part. It's really hard to capture in pictures. But it slightly bulges out.

It really wasnt obvious at first, and I didn't pay too much attention when I got it because I was really busy at the time. And there weren't any obvious scratches or dents.

The only thing I can think of is that there was just enough pressure applied to it that it caused this but not enough to make something super crazy. There's probably nothing I can do at this point about it right? Thanks!

All you can do is take a picture as a proof of the damage and contact Zavvi if there is a solution to your problem. I hope that they can help you on this. Yesterday I've received an Terminator Salvation that I was searching in a sealed cond., with the Salvation word in English and a good price, Finally found one and I was really excited with my SB, with the orig. wrapping and the slip looks perfect but once removed I've found 2 little dings in the upper right corner that cannot be seeing cause of the slip card. Seriously I was upset for a little time but I found that not all of the SB came in excellent condition. Hope you and Zavvi can resolve this.

I've seen this on a lot of steels that have a raised border and they sometimes have parts that bulge out slightly close to it. I wouldn't say it's damaged as it's fairly common but it does depend on the extent of the bulge.

I'm not OCD so it doesn't bother me when this happens but I understand it can bug the hell out of people. My copy of Aladdin has this in the same position as yours but it's not bad enough for me to return it.

If you're not happy, take a picture and ask them to replace it but it might not be worth the hassle of sending it back and waiting on a mint replacement.

I've seen this on a lot of steels that have a raised border and they sometimes have parts that bulge out slightly close to it. I wouldn't say it's damaged as it's fairly common but it does depend on the extent of the bulge.

I'm not OCD so it doesn't bother me when this happens but I understand it can bug the hell out of people. My copy of Aladdin has this in the same position as yours but it's not bad enough for me to return it.

If you're not happy, take a picture and ask them to replace it but it might not be worth the hassle of sending it back and waiting on a mint replacement.

Thanks for the reply! I tried to take a picture but it's hard to capture correctly. Zavvi would probably wonder what the heck I'm talking about. And as I am in the States, yes it's probably not worth the hassle as you said.

I guess it couldn't have been too bad as I didn't notice at first, but the bulge on this one was large enough that the debossed part almost meets the raised border equally.

I fiddled with it and managed to press it down some. I think I can deal haha

Potential bad news guys. While on twitter I encountered a tweet by someone I don't know.

@zavvi guys when do the 12 Monkeys, The Game and Jackie Brown #Steelbook's go live? Also has Aladdin Steelbook gone live?

Zavvi replied with

Hi, there is no set date for 12 Monkeys, The Game and Jackie Brown as of yet however Aladdin has already been released.

@zavvihelp dang so I missed out on Aladdin :(

Unfortunately so. We're trying to source more stock however I'm unable to confirm whether we will be successful in doing so.

This could mean we see more aladdin steelbooks released in the future. So much for the release of 5000. I'm not a zavvi hater, I'm just showing you guys what i saw. Lets hope it stays limited. :thumbs:

Potential bad news guys. While on twitter I encountered a tweet by someone I don't know.

We're trying to source more stock however I'm unable to confirm whether we will be successful in doing so

This could mean we see more aladdin steelbooks released in the future. So much for the release of 5000. I'm not a zavvi hater, I'm just showing you guys what i saw. Lets hope it stays limited. :thumbs:

there is no validity in that statement. Its a typical response they give to side step questions. We wont see anymore aladdins being sold by zavvi, i can guarantee you that

Don't believe what Zavvi customer service says. They don't know anything about their own products/company. I asked them similar questions like that, but one of them had to ask what I meant with 'steelbook'... :p.