Horror-Theatrical Alien: Covenant - In theaters May 19, 2017

vläd

Premium Supporter
Mar 14, 2010
S.W. Desert USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Alien: Covenant (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ridley Scott[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Michael Fassbender[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danny McBride[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billy Crudup[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katherine Waterston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jussie Smollett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Demián Bichir[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carmen Ejogo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Seimetz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Callie Hernandez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexander England[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benjamin Rigby[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noomi Rapace[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-08-04[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
zecMELPbU5YMQpC81Z8ImaaXuf9.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]
As per IMDB:

Source:Bloody Disgusting
During a press panel for The Counselor, director Ridley Scott was asked about the current state of Prometheus 2 (Paradise), which has been in development hell since the departure of screenwriter Damon Lindelof.

Good news for fans of the quasi-Alien prequel (that’s me!), he confirms that the screenplay is still being written. Transcendence scribe Jack Paglen was hired back in June to figure out a way to continue the story of Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) and the Engineers, which was left in a state of flux when the original one-shot was changed to make way for a trilogy.

Attachments

• prometheus.png
    prometheus.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 456
Last edited by a moderator:
I found Prometheus to be an excellent sci-fi outing it left my brain buzzing all over the place with questions and theories, plus seeing the Engineers and their "Religious" Bio-Weapons outpost was amazing!
To say I'm excited about Alien Covenant is just about the biggest understatement of the decade! Ridley Scotts mind operates at a level that us mere mortals can't even begin to conceive of!
I'm off to watch the trailer again and try to figure out a way of hibernating till May!:LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I wonder if the chap in the middle pic is the same guy in the trailer who's back is splitting open and that's the woman who's trapped in the room with with him?

I think it is

It's the same English girl from away we go (the sister) and that's her in that scene when the back is splitting

I wonder if someone on that ship is ripleys mum or dad. Think she will be a little girl around this time so we might see her as a a child at some point (possibly not born depending on her actual age in alien)

I want to know more about those pods Walter steps on with the that floating thing that goes in his ear, considering he's a robot what will that do to him.
And does he have he updated knowledge of David on the evidence they found in Prometheus. Is he also being sinister and knows more about what they are looking for.

I also wonder if this is now paradise they are on and have they answered a distress signal from shaw and David.

Whatever happens it looks like Ridley is back. And I'm f*cking excited

@Noodles you seen this yet?

Checkout Emergency Awesome's trailer breakdown

Interesting, that guy is thinking like I am

But that's not Franco

The fact Franco is being kept quite hush hush tells me he's possibly ripleys dad. Mr. ripley

I forgot that I had already read somehere that David is this planets sole survivor so I'm assuming this planet is in fact the engineers original planet which is what i meant in my last post because we know they had a few planet colonies to experiment on. Or is this just another of those planets.

Interesting thought on is this the planet from alien (which could possibly make it the engineers home planet) because like the guy says ash was in contact with weylen company so this mission will most likely be the reason behind the minimal knowledge they know in the original

And we all know weyland Utani finds their employees expendable

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
I found Prometheus to be an excellent sci-fi outing it left my brain buzzing all over the place with questions and theories, plus seeing the Engineers and their "Religious" Bio-Weapons outpost was amazing!
To say I'm excited about Alien Covenant is just about the biggest understatement of the decade! Ridley Scotts mind operates at a level that us mere mortals can't even begin to conceive of!
I'm off to watch the trailer again and try to figure out a way of hibernating till May!:LOL:
This is pretty much how I felt about Prometheus too... I know a lot of people complained about the Engineers, bit I actually want to see more of them! The cinematography was awesome too. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
@Noodles you seen this yet?
Yep, I watched it on Xmas day mate... had family in the room chatting away though, so I couldn't really take it all in lol. I do remember thinking a few bits looked a bit spoiler-ish, so I'm not sure whether to rewatch it or not... I probably will sooner or later knowing me. :p

• Thanks
Yep, I watched it on Xmas day mate... had family in the room chatting away though, so I couldn't really take it all in lol. I do remember thinking a few bits looked a bit spoiler-ish, so I'm not sure whether to rewatch it or not... I probably will sooner or later knowing me. :p

Ha, yeah know what you mean.
Was a bit quieter at mine this year so I had a window

Yeah I suppose but I remember the promethheus trailer being no different and I ended up loving it

I watched it a couple of times now. Tbh I'm looking forward to the next larger trailer, I think Scott's team are quite good at them. Don't give too much away and I'm assuming this film is going to be very gory and graphic so there should be a lot more to come that won't be seen beforehand. It's no where near as bad as some spoiler heavy trailers plus it is an alien film, only so much that we can see in regards to getting a feel for the whole film without ruining too much. And there will be a second trailer which will show a bit more plot I imagine. Maybe dodge that one

I'm im up for all the twists and turns too and meeting more robots (fassbender x2) and some more xenomorphs
I also read there is another beast but I'm not sure if it's true. Maybe like alien 3 with the dog alien it's a different version. Or a face hugger impregnates someting weird. A cat maybe lol

Maybe that's what's happening to the guy with his spine ripping through because that looks different to a normal alien birth plus that lady who's locked in the room is sh*tting herself on the floor like a bigger alien is about to attack her compared to the baby alien we are used to being born. (Let's be honest if we see that little alien come out the chest of someone although you'd be freaked out you would feel like you could take it on) whereas that all seemed very different in the trailer (that's if it's still the same scene, the magic of editing)

This is pretty much how I felt about Prometheus too... I know a lot of people complained about the Engineers, bit I actually want to see more of them! The cinematography was awesome too. :D

Same mate. Loved it. A mate of mine hated it at first but I convinced him to watch it a again because he got a few bits wrong and seeing it differently he loved it

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Interesting, that guy is thinking like I am

But that's not Franco

The fact Franco is being kept quite hush hush tells me he's possibly ripleys dad. Mr. ripley

I forgot that I had already read somehere that David is this planets sole survivor so I'm assuming this planet is in fact the engineers original planet which is what i meant in my last post because we know they had a few planet colonies to experiment on. Or is this just another of those planets.

Interesting thought on is this the planet from alien (which could possibly make it the engineers home planet) because like the guy says ash was in contact with weylen company so this mission will most likely be the reason behind the minimal knowledge they know in the original

And we all know weyland Utani finds their employees expendable

Ha, yeah know what you mean.
Was a bit quieter at mine this year so I had a window

Yeah I suppose but I remember the promethheus trailer being no different and I ended up loving it

I watched it a couple of times now. Tbh I'm looking forward to the next larger trailer, I think Scott's team are quite good at them. Don't give too much away and I'm assuming this film is going to be very gory and graphic so there should be a lot more to come that won't be seen beforehand. It's no where near as bad as some spoiler heavy trailers plus it is an alien film, only so much that we can see in regards to getting a feel for the whole film without ruining too much. And there will be a second trailer which will show a bit more plot I imagine. Maybe dodge that one

I'm im up for all the twists and turns too and meeting more robots (fassbender x2) and some more xenomorphs
I also read there is another beast but I'm not sure if it's true. Maybe like alien 3 with the dog alien it's a different version. Or a face hugger impregnates someting weird. A cat maybe lol

Maybe that's what's happening to the guy with his spine ripping through because that looks different to a normal alien birth plus that lady who's locked in the room is sh*tting herself on the floor like a bigger alien is about to attack her compared to the baby alien we are used to being born. (Let's be honest if we see that little alien come out the chest of someone although you'd be freaked out you would feel like you could take it on) whereas that all seemed very different in the trailer (that's if it's still the same scene, the magic of editing)

Same mate. Loved it. A mate of mine hated it at first but I convinced him to watch it a again because he got a few bits wrong and seeing it differently he loved it
Reading your posts has certainly got the old gray matter fired up! There are so many questions flying through my mind about the things we saw in the trailer it's unreal! Im sure the planet has been contaminated with the Engineers bio-weapon, and David most likely is responsible after (crash?) landing on it. Weather or not he deliberately contaminated it is another question! And is Dr Shaw still alive?
The press who was invited to the fifteen minute preview screening overwhelmingly said it's a full on xenomorph blood bath!

• Thanks
Reading your posts has certainly got the old gray matter fired up! There are so many questions flying through my mind about the things we saw in the trailer it's unreal! Im sure the planet has been contaminated with the Engineers bio-weapon, and David most likely is responsible after (crash?) landing on it. Weather or not he deliberately contaminated it is another question! And is Dr Shaw still alive?
The press who was invited to the fifteen minute preview screening overwhelmingly said it's a full on xenomorph blood bath!

Yeah I'm sure the engineers have contaminated the planet but I'm wondering if this paradise (the coordinates David and shaw follow at the end of Prometheus) is another random planet or the planet from alien/s (LV-426)

Would be cool if it is, knowing that weyland Utani knew about it all before the first film and ripleys original crew were supposed to go there without being told. They didn't just stumble across it or soemthing.

Wasn't the mother computer in the original only showing its orders of bringing it back regardless of any issues after ash or Dallas told it they had found a species? Or was that happening before the face hugger moment. I literally watched it again the other night but I've gone blank

But then we know the engineers have probaly started life on many planets like ours so it could just be another planet. I just remembered the one in Prometheus was supposed to send a weapon to destroy earth but it never made it

I know noomi was cast quite late so maybe we only see her on the video blog or something. Or another newt story where she's been surviving somewhere and they find her toward the end. Would be good to see her for a while in this

Oh really, that sounds good then. Glad we are finally getting (from the sounds of things) another scary gory alien film. I seriously can't wait

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
Just sat down, it's Christmas Day. Got a cookie dough Flavoured coffee and Santa (franky) just threw this down my chimney! I'm a happy man

Holy **** this looks amazing. I cannot wait to re visit this world and get what we have been waiting for' for 30 years

Can't wait to see McBride in a horror/ serious role

@[B]C.C. 95[/B] will hate the music though ;)
:LOL::thumbs:
Right you are, @Flloydo (on the music).
F47AB235-03C9-4778-82A7-8C92DCA9CF53.PNG

• Thanks
Reactions: lolwut and Flloydo