Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 22, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99

Aliens 4K.jpg

Aliens 4K Jcard Back.jpg

Last edited:
  • James Cameron Introduction – A message from writer/director James Cameron introducing the Special Edition version of the film.
  • 2003 Audio Commentary by James Cameron and the Cast and Crew-Special Edition – 1990 Special Edition Commentary by James Cameron and the cast and crew.
  • The Inspiration and Design of Aliens – For the 30th anniversary, writer/director James Cameron reveals new insight into his own inspiration and the design elements for Aliens.
  • 2003 Audio Commentary by James Cameron and the Cast and Crew – 1986 Theatrical Version Commentary by James Cameron and the cast and crew.
  • Isolated Scores
    • Final Theatrical Isolated Score – This isolated track presents, as accurately as possible, James Horner’s music score in its final form following extensive reworking during the post-production process.
    • Composer’s Original Isolated Score – Although there are a few instances where the length of individual sequences was changed slightly after the music was recorded, this isolated score track presents, as accurately as possible, James Horner’s original intentions.
  • Superior Firepower: Making Aliens – Immerse yourself in the world of Aliens with 11 fully-loaded featurettes that deconstruct all that went into making this sci-fi thriller, from casting to creature design to post-production and everything in between.
  • Superior Firepower: Making Aliens Enhancement Pods – Supplemental video pieces to complement Superior Firepower: Making Aliens.
  • Pre-Visualizations: Multi-Angle Videomatics
  • Direct Access to New/Additional Scenes From Special Edition
  • Deleted Scene: Burke Cocooned – Long one of the most sought-after lost moments from the entire Alien Anthology, this scene depicting Carter Burke’s fate is now revealed.
  • Deleted Scene Montage – This collection of scene extensions and omitted moments represents the remainder of deleted scenes not appearing in either the Theatrical Version or the Special Edition.
  • Still Galleries and More
  • Original Treatment by James Cameron
  • Storyboard Archive
  • Art & photo galleries
  • Trailers
  • and more…

Ooof I hate that mockup picture. I hope it doesn't have those weird 9/10th slips they suck.
Agreed. It's not great.
Still, it's better then the 30th Anniversary art. At least that had the Queen represented but overall it was just horrible.
Screenshot_2023-11-21-22-08-12-772_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

I quite liked the standard blu ray image from a few years back.

Screenshot_2023-11-21-22-11-02-806_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
  • James Cameron Introduction – A message from writer/director James Cameron introducing the Special Edition version of the film.
  • 2003 Audio Commentary by James Cameron and the Cast and Crew-Special Edition – 1990 Special Edition Commentary by James Cameron and the cast and crew.
  • The Inspiration and Design of Aliens – For the 30th anniversary, writer/director James Cameron reveals new insight into his own inspiration and the design elements for Aliens.
  • 2003 Audio Commentary by James Cameron and the Cast and Crew – 1986 Theatrical Version Commentary by James Cameron and the cast and crew.
  • Isolated Scores
    • Final Theatrical Isolated Score – This isolated track presents, as accurately as possible, James Horner’s music score in its final form following extensive reworking during the post-production process.
    • Composer’s Original Isolated Score – Although there are a few instances where the length of individual sequences was changed slightly after the music was recorded, this isolated score track presents, as accurately as possible, James Horner’s original intentions.
  • Superior Firepower: Making Aliens – Immerse yourself in the world of Aliens with 11 fully-loaded featurettes that deconstruct all that went into making this sci-fi thriller, from casting to creature design to post-production and everything in between.
  • Superior Firepower: Making Aliens Enhancement Pods – Supplemental video pieces to complement Superior Firepower: Making Aliens.
  • Pre-Visualizations: Multi-Angle Videomatics
  • Direct Access to New/Additional Scenes From Special Edition
  • Deleted Scene: Burke Cocooned – Long one of the most sought-after lost moments from the entire Alien Anthology, this scene depicting Carter Burke’s fate is now revealed.
  • Deleted Scene Montage – This collection of scene extensions and omitted moments represents the remainder of deleted scenes not appearing in either the Theatrical Version or the Special Edition.
  • Still Galleries and More
  • Original Treatment by James Cameron
  • Storyboard Archive
  • Art & photo galleries
  • Trailers
  • and more…
Is the same as the US ultimate Collectors Edition?

@paulboland

Hello,
is it exclusive to Zavvi please ? because there is no link for Amazon UK for this edition as well as the one for "True Lies" on Amazon UK ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Regards,
Vince

@paulboland

Hello,
is it exclusive to Zavvi please ? because there is no link for Amazon UK for this edition as well as the one for "True Lies" on Amazon UK ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Regards,
Vince
Amazon are always slow on listing when all three main UK retailers have stock.
I suspect it'll pop up on the site in the next few days.
If I see it, I'll post a link.

Reactions: vinny
Amazon are always slow on listing when all three main UK retailers have stock.
I suspect it'll pop up on the site in the next few days.
If I see it, I'll post a link.

OK, good to know.

I'd really appreciate if you could post the link Amazon UK also for the others Cameron's movies (Aliens, True Lies, Abyss).

Thank you so much for your answer ... & future links ;)

Reactions: TheWildEye
Will be waiting for the reviews before I bite. Nothing personal but James Cameron scrubbed all the grain from the blu-ray and unless it looks like the film I saw in the cinema, I"m not biting. I'm holding on to my CAV laserdisc box set.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Getting all these Cameron films now I'm thinking it's because of actors strike and Cameron stormed Disney 'Fox' vaults like police station Terminator scene and said "release my films if you want to live" :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: TheWildEye