Jun 16, 2022
LV-426
Release date: March 12, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon - Walmart - Target
Price: $25.49

Aliens 4K.png
A1AF14MJi-L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Waiting an extra few days just got a whole lot easier for you. haha Nice work!

I had to order mine from the US...
The Canadian ones have horrible bilingual text on them so I'll be waiting a few extra days with ya.

View attachment 574131
I know, stroke of luck I guess. I have plenty of other movies and things I can do to keep me busy until then. hehe

Yeah some folks don't like the bilingual text but then to some it doesn't bother them, hope your happy with yours once you get them. :thanks:

Amazon USA order my estimated delivery date has updated to March 29 to April 12.

Was previously listed with no estimated delivery date when I pre ordered in February.

I will decide in next few days if I will keep my USA order as I also pre ordered the UK release.

I ordered just from Amazon.com.
Order still processing and not dispatched yet.
Will keep my USA order. :D

It said I wasn't supposed to get this until the 19th and I just got it in today. I think they are projecting the dates to cover their mistake and we'll get them sooner, at least that's what I'm hoping for the Abyss. This one has a nice slipcover just like True Lies. :D Although the font for Aliens is smaller than True Lies you can still feel that it's embossed, nice. :thanks:

I'm still waiting for the release in the UK but starting to think oh no what have they done :wtf: I daren't look. The grain scrubbers come at night....mostly.

Wow! Waiting an extra few days just got a whole lot easier for you. haha Nice work!
Sure enough, I received my refund for all three of these movies, Aliens, The Abyss and True Lies AND I got to keep the movies all because they couldn't deliver as expected, came to a total of $82. WOW :wow: I was reading that there are so many people now ordering from Amazon in the US that Amazon is having trouble keeping up with demand, 2-day shipping seems to be a thing of the past despite having Prime. Come to think of it, I haven't received any orders on time for the last few months now. Also speaking of Amazon Prime, I jumped on Prime Video to watch the new Roadhouse movie and as soon as I got there a popup came up saying something to the effect that even Prime movies now will have periodic ads in them and offered to do away with them by paying an extra $2.99 a month. Seems their struggling evidently. I guess my ad blocker took care of them because I never saw a single ad while watching it. IDK, go figure.

Reactions: kaw
So I made a decision and it was... wrong. It was a bad call, Ripley. It was a bad call.

Don't you have any idea what you have done here? Well, I'm gonna make sure they nail you right to the wall for this! You're not gonna sleaze your way out of this one! Right to the wall!

@5t33lb0y

@apsmith21 deleted your post due to its unacceptable content. This does not grant you the liberty to immediately repost a similar message with merely altered wording. Several members from the USA have flagged your post as derogatory and have demanded its removal—a sentiment with which I concur. Do not repeat this behavior. Be reminded that inappropriate actions on this forum will lead to repercussions.

Reactions: Billy Talent
So this decision to stack UHD disc on top of bonus one is literal
Fail Just For Laughs GIF

Inferior quality gets put alone while UHD not. On top of that with so many disc hubs i'm not surprised they decided to do that.
Clearly so many solutions yet they decide for cheapest option,
Should stack all three on top of each one.

So this decision to stack UHD disc on top of bonus one is literal
Fail Just For Laughs GIF

Inferior quality gets put alone while UHD not. On top of that with so many disc hubs i'm not surprised they decided to do that.
Clearly so many solutions yet they decide for cheapest option,
Should stack all three on top of each one.
It is widely recognized that using stacked discs is a preferred approach over swing gate solutions. The rationale behind this is that swing-gate disc holders are more prone to breaking, and once broken, they are irreparable.

Furthermore, you are free to report my actions for deleting your posts on grounds of geographical discrimination over people in the US. However, it's important to note that this forum does not condone any form of discrimination.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent
I do love you guy n gal Ninjas but surely do wish you would also watch your movies. :naughty::rofl: In certain other forums this disc is condemnt to deepest hell. Here .... nothing.

I tend to watch it immediatly I get. Along The Abyss.

Release date is 29th of on going month.

Cheers !

Ps. Here in Scandinavia this and other JC releases are sold as normal and limited edition slipcover releases. Same price. :rofl:

I imagine my opinion will be controversial and not well liked, but overall I find the new 4K disc of Aliens to be very watchable. I think it’s the best it’s looked.

It may not be perfect and there will probably be another version at some point in the future. But right now it’s the best by a long way.

I understand people like film grain and Cameron apparently doesn’t. It’s not an issue for me.

I have the 4K of Lawrence of Arabia, and compared to the upscaled blu ray which looks quite nice, the 4K for me has distracting levels of ‘harsh’ film grain in the sky. Before some people get all bent out of shape, I’m not saying I want every movie to look like it was shot on digital, but equally I don’t want a movie to look like swarming insects are all over it.

In the same way people some people seem to like tape hiss or vinyl clicks and pops, but I prefer a CD.

As for the stacked disc issue, I’m buying a replacement case.