All Things Rock Band Megathread- Rock Band 3 Coming Soon!

Jan 29, 2009
The Rock Band franchise is a series music video games developed by Harmonix Music Systems.

Rockband.jpg
61btbncD4uL._AA300_.jpg
Rockband3BoxArt.png
51LEdQGTGUL._AA300_.jpg
RockBandGreenDayBoxArt.jpg
LegoRockBandBoxArt.jpg

The game allows players to perform in virtual bands by providing up to four players with the ability to play three different peripherals modeled after music instruments (a guitar peripheral for lead guitar and bass guitar gameplay, a drum peripheral, and a microphone). These peripherals are used to simulate the playing of rock music by hitting scrolling notes on-screen. In addition to the songs included on the game discs there are hundreds of additional downloadable songs are being released via the PSN store; all of these songs, existing and future, are compatible with all Rock Band titles.

(Note: LEGO: Rock Band can only play songs that are rated E)

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Day: Rock Band dated

Harmonix has staple-gunned a global release date to its upcoming music romp Green Day: Rock Band, confirming the spin-off title will be released for PS3, 360 and Wii on June 8.

The company also revealed that users will be able to export all 47 tracks from the game to any existing core Rock Band title (including Rock Band 3, due out this holiday season) for the sum of $10 USD. However, folk who pre-order the game can do it free of charge.

A special edition release is also in the pipeline, which includes the game, six free tracks worth of DLC, a swanky new packaging design as well as the track export feature.

Have a gander at the PS3 pack shot below.

green_day_rock_band_cover.jpg

3 Doors Down and Co Join Lady Gaga on Rock Band Next Week

t seems as if Rock Band fans have more than a bit of pop and South Park karaoke to sink their teeth into next week, as today Harmonix and MTV announced a few more artists that would be hitting the service at the same time.
In addition to Lady Gaga, Rock Band DLC junkies can also pick up a track from 3 Doors Down, one track from Mute Math and two from The Subways.

The Rock Band DLC update is this coming with the PSN update next week as per usual (Thursda generally) and your full track offering is as follows:

• Lady Gaga – “Bad Romance”
• Lady Gaga – “Just Dance”
• Lady Gaga – “Monster”
• Lady Gaga – “Poker Face”
• 3 Doors Down – “It’s Not My Time”
• Mute Math – “Control”
• South Park – “Poker Face (Cartman version)”
• The Subways – “Oh Yeah”
• The Subways – “Rock & Roll Queen”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track
$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU for “Lady Gaga Pack 01”

Classic Jimi Hendrix Album Coming To Rock Band

While rumours that Harmonix was planning Jimi Hendrix: Rock Band turned out to be wide of the mark, Rolling Stone magazine has announced that seminal Hendrix album, Axis: Bold as Love (except "EXP") will be coming to Rock Band as DLC.

Set to arrive during the week beginning March 30th, the DLC will also include a previously unreleased track entitled "Valleys of Neptune", which is also to feature on a new Hendrix CD of the same name.

Playing tracks and solos from the iconic guitar virtuoso will be something else entirely according to MTV Games' Paul DeGooyer: "It's a whole new level of difficulty unto itself," he said. "The thing about these tracks is if you're a Hendrix fan you know that really what powered that vibe is that he kind of just closed his eyes and flowed from his fingers, and we really tried very hard, especially on the expert level, to recreate that effect."

Playing Rock Band with our eyes closed? A nice idea, but highly unlikely.

Reportedly, this first batch of Jimi Hendrix DLC is the beginning of what could be more of the guitar legend's albums for download as a part of a long-term deal between MTV and Experience Hendrix. Themed avatars and guitars could also make their way into the game and the companies are also open to eventually releasing a fully-fledged Jimi Hendrix: Rock Band title in the future.

Jimi Hendrix heading to Rock Band next week

Legendary guitarist Jimi Hendrix will be making the jump to Rock Band next week with his second album Axis: Bold as Love, accompanied by the newly discovered tune ‘Valleys of Neptune.’

“Hendrix’s music is something that our fans and supporters have been clamoring for on the Rock Band platform,” commented MTV Games bigwig, Paul DeGooyer.

“The thing about these tracks is if you’re a Hendrix fan you know that really what powered that vibe is that he kind of just closed his eyes and flowed from his fingers, and we really tried very hard, especially on the expert level, to recreate that effect,” added DeGooyer.

According to Rolling Stone, the album will be released on Tuesday though we assume this is for the Xbox 360 release, with PS3 owners presumably getting the tracks via next week’s PSN update.

Future Hendrix DLC is also a possibility, and rumors have already popped up regarding a possible Rock Band spin off title for the musician in a similar vein to The Beatles and Green Day.

Green Day: Rock Band Albums Revealed

cover.jpg

Did you know that there will be 47 tracks on Green Day: Rock Band? Well now you do. While there's still no confirmed full track list, there definitely will be full albums "Dookie" and "American Idiot" to play through, "capturing two landmark moments in Green Day's career" according to play.com who dropped the featured album list.

Naturally, the band's likenesses feature and there'll be unlockable gubbins, venues, art and other material from the band's history, but you probably already knew that.

There's already Green Day's latest album "21st Century Breakdown" available on the Rock Band Store for download, which will be compatible with Green Day: Rock Band, giving you potentially three complete albums and a list of greatest hits to sing, strum and drum through when the game releases this June.

MTV & Harmonix Announces Next Week's Rock Band DLC

While a vast proportion of the games industry are kicking back on Good Friday having a little downtime, MTV and Harmonix still found time to inform us of next week's Rock Band DLC.

Answering fan feedback for more alternative rock, heading to the Rock Band Music Store on April 8th will be 6 songs from 6 different artists, ranging from Grammy nominated hard rockers, Skillet, to American pop rockers, Superchick.

The tracks, which are also available on the LEGO Rock Band Music Store, will cost the usual $1.99 USD (£.99 UK, €1.49 EU) a piece, and are as follows:
Anberlin – “Feel Good Drag”
Hawk Nelson – “Live Life Loud”
Skillet – “Monster”
Superchick – “Stand in the Rain”
Switchfoot – “Meant to Live”
Thousand Foot Krutch – “Fire It Up”

Full Green Day: Rock Band Track List

The Warehouse

Dookie (1994)
“Burnout”
“Having a Blast”
“Chump”
“Longview”
“Welcome to Paradise”
“Pulling Teeth”
“Basket Case”
“She”
“Sassafrass Roots”
“When I Come Around”
“Coming Clean”
“Emenius Sleepus”
“In the End”
“F.O.D.”

Milton Keynes

American Idiot (2004)
“American Idiot”
“Jesus of Suburbia”
“Holiday”
“Boulevard of Broken Dreams”
“Are We the Waiting”
“St. Jimmy”
“Give Me Novacaine”
“She’s a Rebel”
“Extraordinary Girl”
“Letterbomb”
“Wake Me Up When September Ends”
“Homecoming”
“Whatsername”

Warning (2000)
“Minority”
“Warning”
Nimrod (1997)
“Hitchin’ a Ride”
“Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)”
“Nice Guys Finish Last”
Insomniac (1995)
“Brain Stew”
“Jaded”
“Geek Stink Breath”

The Fox Theater, Oakland

21st Century Breakdown(2009)
“Song of the Century”
“21st Century Breakdown”
“Before the Lobotomy”
“Last Night on Earth”
“Peacemaker”
“Murder City”
“¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)”
“Restless Heart Syndrome”
“Horseshoes and Handgrenades”
“The Static Age”
“American Eulogy”
“See the Light”

Downloadable Content (not included)

“21 Guns”
“Know Your Enemy”
“East Jesus Nowhere”
“Last of the American Girls”
“¡Viva La Gloria!”
“Christian’s Inferno”

Yet More No Doubt Hitting Rock Band Next Week

Available this coming Tuesday, Rock Band enthusiasts will be able to get their mitts on the rest of No Doubt’s popular 1995 album, Tragic Kingdom. Already available on the store are “Spiderwebs,” “Excuse Me Mr.,” “Sunday Morning” and “Just a Girl,” and so if you already have those, you can pick up all the latest ones under the guise of the “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Deep Cuts” track pack.

If you don’t and you want all of the tracks off the original album, then you can pick up the “No Doubt Tragic Kingdom: The Complete Album” track pack. Unfortunately the press release doesn’t mention a price for either, but you can as usual purchase the tracks individually.

Joining No Doubt are Australian singer-songwriter Orianthi and Warped Tour alums, Picture Me Broken.

Available on PlayStation 3 (May 4):

• No Doubt – “Different People”
• No Doubt – “End It on This”
• No Doubt – “Happy Now?”
• No Doubt – “Hey You”
• No Doubt – “Sixteen”
• No Doubt – “The Climb”
• No Doubt – “Tragic Kingdom”
• No Doubt – “World Go ‘Round”
• No Doubt – “You Can Do It”
• Orianthi – “According to You”
• Picture Me Broken – “Dearest (I’m So Sorry)” *

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 May 3)

New to the PlayStation 3 RBN, available 5/4:

* Band of Skulls - "I Know What I Am"
* Drowning Pool - "Bodies"
* Lacuna Coil - "Survive"
* Stroke 9 - "Little Black Back Pack '09"
* Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life '09"

Harmonix polls fans about future Rock Band titles

We don't need to tell you how many band-specific titles have saturated the rhythm game market over the past couple of years. Both Rock Band and Guitar Hero are guilty for the flood, and both franchises have seen relatively weak sales for many of their single-band titles. There are exceptions, of course, but they don't detract from the fact that something needs to change.

Fortunately, Harmonix, the studio behind Rock Band, is conducting some preemptive research by polling gamers about future, band-specific products on its community site. Possible iterations that gamers can vote for include The Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, and U2.

Don't get too excited, however. The poll makes it perfectly clear that it "is not an indication, implication, hint, suggestion, guarantee, or promise that Harmonix is going to make games based on any or all of the bands listed in this poll. We know how excited Rock Band super fans get about uncovering the next big thing, so we wanted to clear that up right from the start."

“That being said, community feedback is and always has been absolutely invaluable to us in determining our focus within the world of Rock Band as we move forward. Whether we’re pouring over feature suggestions on the forums, chatting with folks at live events or crunching the numbers on hundreds of thousands of song requests, we want to make sure that the community always has a voice in the development process. Hence the survey!”

Cast your vote here!

Rock Band 3 Megathread - Coming October 26th!

500x_rb32.jpg

Take a look up there at all those little icons. We've got bass, drums, guitar, vocals - the three mics suggesting the harmonies from Beatles: Rock Band are carrying over - and finally, on the right, a keyboard.

Box Art:

rb3_box_art.jpg

Screens:

rock-band-3-20100615035408016_640w.jpg

rock-band-3-20100615035434343_640w.jpg

rock-band-3-20100615035419234_640w.jpg

Instruments:

rock-band-3-mustang-controller.jpg

2pzw47k.jpg

rb3-keyboard.jpg

Trailer:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofITzQf4zzg&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ofITzQf4zzg&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>​

Full Track List:

2000s:

Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"
At the Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"
Avenged Sevenfold - "The Beast & the Harlot"
Dover - "King George"
The Bronx - "False Alarm"
The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1"
HIM (His Infernal Majest) - "Killing Loneliness"
Hypernove - "Viva La Resistance"
Ida Maria - "Oh My God"*
Juanes - "Me Enamora"
Metric - "Combat Baby"
Paramore - "Misery Business"*
Phoenix - "Lasso"*
Poni Hoax - "Antibodies"
Pretty Girls Make Graves - "Something Bigger, Something Brighter"
Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
The Ravonettes - "Last Dance"
Rilo Kiley - "Portions for Foxes"*
Riverboat Gamblers - "Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead"
Slipknot - "Before I Forget"
The Sounds - "Living in America"
Tegan & Sara - "The Con"
Them Crooked Vultures - "Dead End Friends"
Tokio Hotel - "Humanoid"*
The Vines - "Get Free"*
The White Stripes - "The Hardest Button to Button"*

1990s:

Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"*
Filter - "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
Jane's Addiction - "Been Caught Stealing"*
Maná - "Oye Mi Amor"
Marilyn Manson - "The Beautiful People"
The Muffs - "Outer Space"
Phish - "Llama"
Primus - "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver"
Rammstein - "Du Hast"
Smash Mouth - "Walkin' On The Sun"*
Spacehog - "In the Meantime"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Plush"
Swingin' Utters - "This Bastard's Life"

1980s:

Anthrax - "Caught in a Mosh"
Big Country - "In a Big Country"
The Cure - "Just Like Heaven"*
Def Leppard - "Foolin'"*
Devo - "Whip It"
Dio - "Rainbow in the Dark"
Dire Straits - "Walk of Life"
Echo & the Bunnymen - "The Killing Moon"
Juey Lewis and the News - "The Power of Live"
INXS - "Need You Tonight"*
J. Geils Band - "Centerfold"
Joan Jett - "I Love Rock N' Roll"*
Night Ranger - "Sister Christian"*
Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"*
The Police - "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
Roxette - "The Look"*
The Smiths - "Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before"
Tears for Fears - "Everbody Wants to Rule the World"
Whitesnake - "Here I Go Again"

1970s:

The B-52's - "Rock Lobster"*
Blondie - "Heart of Glass"
Bob Marley - "Get Up, Stand Up"
Chicago - "25 or 6 to 4"
Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water"
Doobie Brothers - "China Grove"*
Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"
Foreigner - "Cold As Ice"*
Golden Earring - "Radar Love"
John Lennon - "Imagine"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"*
Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
Steve Miller Band - "Fly Like an Eagle"
T.Rex - "20th Century Boy"
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "I Need to Know"
War - "Low Rider"
Warren Zevon - "Werewolves of London"
Yes - "Roundabout"*

1960s:

Beach Boys - "Good Vibrations (Live)"
David Bowie - "Space Oddity"
The Doors - "Break on Through (To the Other Side)"*
James Brown - "I Got You (I Feel Good" - Alternate Studio Version*
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Crosstown Traffic"*
The Who - "I Can See for Miles"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm a piano? Sounds like something I want to stay away from

You don't have to play the piano... The point is this brings alot more songs to the table. Alot are keyboard/piano only no guitar, or the keyboard is the biggest instrument in the song.

USA Today: ROCK BAND 3 revealed

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-06-10-rockband10_VA_N.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-06-10-rockband10_ST_N.htm

Development of Rock Band 3 began immediately after the September 2008 release of Rock Band 2, says project director Daniel Sussman at Cambridge, Mass.-based Harmonix.

As work continued, the music category's slide in sales made the design team deepen their focus. "We saw a kind of staleness in terms of game-play innovation," Sussman says. "Really, the main focus of Rock Band 3 development was finding new ways to experience the music and actually doubling down, if you will, on our investment in compelling game play.

"We are adding a new instrument (a 25-key, fully functioning MIDI keyboard) and we're adding a whole new mode, which is designed basically to answer that staleness factor."

The result, he says, is "an experience that is both accessible to players who are just getting into this thing, and builds something for the hard-core player who is maybe a little bored with where music games are."

Sussman and several key members of the Rock Band team (Harmonix senior designers Sylvain Dubrofsky and Dan Teasdale, and public relations gurus John Drake of Harmonix and Jeff Castaneda of MTV Games; you can see them all playing the game in the accompanying video) recently demonstrated Rock Band 3 for USA TODAY's Game Hunters and offered a test drive of the new keyboard controller, as well as the game's new authentic Pro mode aimed at helping players develop skills usable on real instruments.

"Everybody who wants to keep playing on the instruments they already have, we have enhanced new features and new gameplay for you," Dubrofsky says. "It's up to you to decide where you take this."

More on the advances for Rock Band 3 (due for the holidays for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and Nintendo DS):

•Better story. Design your own characters and session musicians from improved character models and watch their story unfold throughout the game. Your band members are seen getting into the van to go to a show, and practicing as well as performing. They even appear as you choose songs to play. "It is a really cool way to make sure you are always in the narrative no matter which mode you are in," Teasdale says. "The entire game is essentially one story of your band."

Everything you do earns achievements in the goal-based career mode. "Previously our career modes weren't really about getting better as a Rock Band player, it was about investing time," Teasdale says. "We developed this entirely new career mode based around unlocking achievement-like goals to show your progression through the game, and also give you incentives to get better.

"We have hundreds and hundreds of these goals across instruments and gameplay modes and across (downloadable content). It is a really great way to finish Rock Band in your way, based on your skill, and not on some predetermined path of songs."

•More fluid gameplay. Players can jump in or out of songs without interrupting a song already in progress. They can also change instruments or difficulty settings during a song without pausing. "It's a really cool way to get rid of that friction that players have when they are in a party situation," Teasdale says.

Another party-friendly mode, "road challenges," is described by Teasdale as "taking Rock Band 1 and 2's band world tour (mode) and merging it with Mario Party. We tried to find a way to get the core experience people had playing the band world tour and the things they really enjoyed, like getting the van or getting random set lists, and putting that into a setting that you can finish in an evening instead of a week. So now we have all these tours which are actually you going on a tour of the East Coast or touring across the world, and you are finishing that in three hours or whatever time you think you have to play."

•Revamped song-filtering system. With the Rock Band library expected to grow to about 2,000 songs by year's end, it has grown too big for simply scrolling. With the new system, "you can say, 'only show me songs in Rock Band 3' or 'only songs under three minutes' or 'Eighties metal songs from my (downloadable) collection,' " Teasdale says. "It's a really cool way to take your full library down to a manageable list of songs."

Not to be forgotten, the keyboards' addition — along with carrying over the three-part harmonies from The Beatles: Rock Band and new Green Day: Rock Band games — means that "you can play as a seven -player band," Teasdale says, "which is an amazing experience."

•Rock Band Pro. This new music learning mode lets players develop real-world music-playing fundamentals for keyboards, guitars and drums. More realistic music notations replace the standard color-coded notes during gameplay. For guitar, numbers flow down the screen along six guitar strings, telling you where to place your hands on the neck and when to strum.

Two new guitar controllers in the works have actual strings where you strum; one is a full-sized, fully functional six-string Squier Stratocaster from Fender. "It can tell where your fingers are based on technology in the neck and the bridge of the guitar. No buttons," Drake says. "While you're playing it, it feels exactly like playing a real guitar," because that's what you're doing.

The other is a Fender Mustang Pro controller from accessory maker Mad Catz with a field of buttons in each fret. As your fingers compress the smaller non-colored buttons on that guitar's neck, your finger positions are represented in the game's display. "You can go from plucking single notes to power chords and bar chords, we have crazy stuff like tapping and slides," Dubrofsky says. "If you ever had any aspirations of connecting with the music in a deeper way ... you are really going to like Rock Band 3."

For drums, three new cymbals are added to the standard four drum pads, and you are forced to play the correct cymbal at the right time. "It really immerses you more. You feel more like a drummer," Dubrofsky says. "It's not only for expert levels. You can come in on easy and actually play Pro drums. We have all the different levels established. It's actually really fun. You are playing up on the high hat or down on the snare, and it feels more like a kit than ever before."

On keyboards, Sussman says, "we're actually utilizing the full two-octave range that the keyboard controller has. Everything that you are playing, whether you are playing on easy or expert, is accurate musical information. The track looks like a real keyboard track, and you are playing notes on the keyboard that if you were to step away from the game and were to play on a real piano, they would be the right notes."

Pro players can use the mode for private practice or incorporate it while others play the game's standard arcade modes. "You can be an expert keys-player playing with an all easy band, no problem," Drake says.

sweet..screw that other game. rock band ftw

damn it, can i use my cymbal attachments i already have, or do I have to get a new set?

If so, damn it, cause then I have to get the bundle...

how did a greenday rock band thread turn into rock band 3?? you just wanted your name to be under the thread! :p

hopefully the real guitar is priced nicely