Amazon.de new shipping rates to drops (Aug 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmup

Premium Supporter
Jun 22, 2012
I didn't see this posted elsewhere, so I apologize if this was already brought up. Amazon.de has dropped their shipping charges significantly to the U.S. to EUR 3.00 per shipment (was 14 EUR flat before). Additional costs per kg add another EUR 3.00(on a pro-rata basis) for orders that exceed a 1 kg. Pretty cheap to order from them now and not have to do a big order just to reduce shipping costs.

Shipping to the UK has dropped as well(thanks sunnyx)

Link to rates below-digitalbabe-HDN Staff.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_504938_lie_inl/?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200170100

Last edited by a moderator:
and I just had an order from them ship today. I think I'll put in an email to customer service to see if I can get an adjustment.

amazon.de CS said:
Dear customer,

Our new shipping fee's might reduce the cost for our customers a lot. Instead of paying a fix amount you ll pay an additional fee per kg weight.

In your case, the ordered items are FSK 18, wich means you have to verify your age when recieving the order. And therefor you would, even with our new shipping cost, have payed nearly the same amount as you already did.

So in this specific case we do not reimburse the difference due to its marginality.

??????

What about existing preorders? Any news on those please?

If you just amend your existing orders - switch from standard to express then back to standard - the shipping cost will update to the new rates :)

just got my first ever order from amazon.de and have to say their packaging is fantastic one little box which fits the steelbook in perfectly inside another larger box and only took two days to deliver, would def order from there again:D

well im not sure but i payed the cheaper shipping for the contraband steelbook, and oredered it 4pm monday it shipped 6pm monday and recieved 10am tuesday thats virtually less than next day. so it seems there shipping is faster aswell.

well im not sure but i payed the cheaper shipping for the contraband steelbook, and oredered it 4pm monday it shipped 6pm monday and recieved 10am tuesday thats virtually less than next day. so it seems there shipping is faster aswell.

it was contraband steelbook I ordered too its a really nice lookin steel plus it didn't even cost that much

This is not great news. Now when I see a steel I want, it's too easy to hit Buy.:hilarious:

Last edited:
Ricker and I am sure that is one of the main reasons Amazon de did this. I will be interested to see if the carrier and packaging changes.

STAFF
hidefninja.com

Sent from LV-426 on
iPhone

Reactions: Ricker
just to note, the shipping rates of FSK 18 titles are strange. For whatever reason The Expendables costs 8 euros to ship a single copy, 2 copies is 13 euros. But the shipping for Sin City is considerably less, just under 4 euros for a single copy and 1 euro for each additional copy.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does the new shipping rates also go into effect on Amazon.fr? I tried to buy a steelbook but they're charging me 10,90 euros for shipping.

just to note, the shipping rates of FSK 18 titles are strange. For whatever reason The Expendables costs 8 euros to ship a single copy, 2 copies is 13 euros. But the shipping for Sin City is considerably less, just under 4 euros for a single copy and 1 euro for each additional copy.

I think FSK18 titles incur a levy of some description, which why they are are often cut. A German member would be the best person to ask.
Sorry if this has been asked before but does the new shipping rates also go into effect on Amazon.fr? I tried to buy a steelbook but they're charging me 10,90 euros for shipping.
Different "company", different shipping policy. Well it was, be nice if it changed.

Last edited:
well im in the UK and have just looked at ordering the expendables steelbook fsk18 and there only wanting 4euro from me for shipping.

Methinks (there I'm doing it again EEK!) that some stock is held in UK distribution warehouses as they often have Royal Mail on the front with a UK return address.

Methinks (there I'm doing it again EEK!) that some stock is held in UK distribution warehouses as they often have Royal Mail on the front with a UK return address.

i think you might be right fella, as it always says shipped royal mail, and i recieve items nearly always next day. which is a little fast from germany ;)

What's happening with Amazon???
My last two steelbook orders were delivered without any protections!
Just in a poor cardboard enveloppe nearly similar to HMV...
I had a panic attack seeing that in my letterbox!

attachment.php
package with 4 steelbooks from amazon.de.
it's huuuge!

inside:

well protected (that's how i like it, and it always should be)

2013-10-29 11.59.28.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-10-29 11.53.26.jpg
    2013-10-29 11.53.26.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know about returns to Amazon.de? I am in the UK and today I received Chinatown from Amazon.de with a huge dent on the back. I went through their return procedure, printing off the return label etc. But I was wondering about the return postage, I think it is going to cost me £5.75 at the post office, will I get that back from Amazon.de or am I just out of pocket. Seems a bit daft paying that for postage when the steel only cost me £9! Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.