amazon.fr steelbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2010
England
Hey there

When i type in Blu Ray Steelbook on amazon.fr it comes up with several blu ray Steelbooks e.g ( pulp fiction, Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2 )

But the listing for items doesn't include ' Steelbook' just curious as if they were actual Steelbooks

Help appreciated

Thanks

the eternal question and problem with amz FRA, personally I avoid it, you will never know if a steel will arrive or plastic box

Hey there

When i type in Blu Ray Steelbook on amazon.fr it comes up with several blu ray Steelbooks e.g ( pulp fiction, Kill Bill, Kill Bill 2 )

But the listing for items doesn't include ' Steelbook' just curious as if they were actual Steelbooks

Help appreciated

Thanks

The problem with that is the listings have been tagged in the amazon system.

So you could hypothetically tag Kill Bill 2 with "Seinfeld" and it would show up when you search.

But currently, any steelbook that was somewhat popular is very likely sold out by now - they will ship you an amaray.

I know there's no way you'll get a steelbook for KB / KB 2. You potentially could get a Pulp Fiction one - but the best way to get one now and not have to worry is to have a french trading partner that can get them in store for you.

After multiple requests from french customers, amazon.fr is thinking about the way to offer the choice between the two types of cases (at last).

After multiple requests from french customers, amazon.fr is thinking about the way to offer the choice between the two types of cases (at last).

I requested this as well, I was overjoyed when they mentioned this could actually happen. :oohyeah:

I too have contemplated purchasing steels from amazon.fr that aren't listed as a steel but show a pic of one. I'm not much of a gambler though.

darczap-some people have been contacting Amazon.fr for quite some time to ask them to please differentiate the listings between Amaray and Steelbook, so that customers have predictability as to what they'll get.Hopefully we'll see this implemented (and reliable), soon...

darczap-some people have been contacting Amazon.fr for quite some time to ask them to please differentiate the listings between Amaray and Steelbook, so that customers have predictability as to what they'll get.Hopefully we'll see this implemented (and reliable), soon...

Good to know digitalbabe. Gracias for sharing. When you contact them, do you write them in English or should I use google translator? I hope they are able to differentiate between steels and amarays in their product listings in the future. Would make everyones life that much easier.

Hey Darc-you can use google translate. I use Google Chrome browser, and there is an "auto translate" add on you can install, which will automatically translate a web page. Even if you write in English, the staff will still understand you. Most if not all Amazon sites have a drop down menu under "Contact us", where you can "write in English". Thanks for adding your vote for separate listings for Steelbooks:) Let the (additional) addiction, begin....;)

Hey Darc-you can use google translate. I use Google Chrome browser, and there is an "auto translate" add on you can install, which will automatically translate a web page. Even if you write in English, the staff will still understand you. Most if not all Amazon sites have a drop down menu under "Contact us", where you can "write in English". Thanks for adding your vote for separate listings for Steelbooks:) Let the (additional) addiction, begin....;)

Cool, more useful information :scat:

I'm trying to catch up to you and others in the steelbook collection. I'm at 30-ish currently.

Hey Darc-no problem:)

I received this message when I checked with Amazon.fr out of curiosity, to see when they planned to implement the separate listings. No definitive timeline, but at least, as others have remarked, they are working on a better solution.

"Thank you for contacting Amazon.fr.

We have well received your message and we are thank you for this.

As per your message we inform you that our editorial staff are constantly working on increasing the information and creating separate listings so that you can buy the Steelbooks on our site separately. However, we do not have an exact date when these listings should appear on the site

I have passed your remark to the appropriate department in our company for consideration. We always want to know how our customers react to all aspects of shopping at Amazon.fr as this helps us to continue to improve the selection and service we provide. Please note that we particularly like to receive reviews like these, they allow us to improve our services faster.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Thank you to trust Amazon.fr.
"

Hey Darc-no problem:)

I received this message when I checked with Amazon.fr out of curiosity, to see when they planned to implement the separate listings. No definitive timeline, but at least, as others have remarked, they are working on a better solution.

"Thank you for contacting Amazon.fr.

We have well received your message and we are thank you for this.

As per your message we inform you that our editorial staff are constantly working on increasing the information and creating separate listings so that you can buy the Steelbooks on our site separately. However, we do not have an exact date when these listings should appear on the site

I have passed your remark to the appropriate department in our company for consideration. We always want to know how our customers react to all aspects of shopping at Amazon.fr as this helps us to continue to improve the selection and service we provide. Please note that we particularly like to receive reviews like these, they allow us to improve our services faster.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Thank you to trust Amazon.fr.
"

DigitalBabe, thanks for reaching out to them and for sharing. There are some potential steels on their site that I would order in a hearbeat if I knew I were truly getting a steel (GI JOE, Kill Bill's). Next thing on the agenda for Amazon is correcting their packaging process on steels. :cool:

Hi Dar-yeah, hopefully with as many people as have voiced their concern these separate listings will happen sooner than later:)

It just baffles my mind that they haven't done something as simple as distinguishing between SteelBooks and Amarays. With as much product that they sell I am really shocked why a business would do this? Hopefully they will fix this sooner rather later.

Status
Not open for further replies.